Autopsy Dogs discombombulate Richmond 99-52

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok here's the thing though, all you people who never bloody post keep saying how negative things are on our board. I agree! So why can't you and 50 others start contributing more often and we can perhaps shape the environment here and make it more positive.

This place is a s**t hole after a loss. Trying to get your positivity across would be like going up against the White Walkers during the battle of Winterfell.
Maybe we need to get rid of the Night King ( MD ) and all the negativity will disappear ?

TBH, I come on here often to interact with other posters but most of the time you have to put up with some seriously negative knucklehead posters who obviously know not a lot about the game. Some just brush it off and go about their business. Others can’t. I’m one of those that can’t.

Interesting that Macrae doesn't feature in the top 100 (or our top 8 at least).

Why do you think that is? I'd have expected him to be higher than Libba for instance, especially with his weight of possession. I know he has a lot of HBs but so does Lachie Hunter and he's right up there in metres gained.

I honestly can’t remember the last time Jacko kicked a long bomb into the forward line. He needs to upper his eyes more.

I honestly can’t remember the last time Jacko kicked a long bomb into the forward line. He needs to upper his eyes more.
Not sure that’s a bad thing though. Metres gained is a useful stat but it’s not everything. Score involvements is also useful for instance. How does Macrae rate on that one?

If he’s mostly kicking short he’s probably not turning it over too often, despite a few clangers in the last 2-3 weeks. We frequently lament the long bomb inside 50 (at least we did before Naughton got moved there) so that means he’s not an offender for two of the three faults that hurt us most - turnovers and wasted i50s. (The other one is missed shots at goal and he’s not guilty of that either because he seldom has a shot.)

However I get what you mean, just by comparing him to some of the i50 passes that Bont produces. He’s got the ability, just needs the vision.

Soooooooooo we have a win I’ve said nothing negative and the conversation somehow still includes me and being negative

In fact didn’t say a single word after last weeks loss NOT ONE but again somehow it’s god old mattdougie ruining threads lol.

Now today I’ve even been accused of being positive!!! Wow this place never fails to stimulate.

Beautiful day outside get out there and enjoy it

Interesting that Macrae doesn't feature in the top 100 (or our top 8 at least).

Why do you think that is? I'd have expected him to be higher than Libba for instance, especially with his weight of possession. I know he has a lot of HBs but so does Lachie Hunter and he's right up there in metres gained.
Both Macrae and Liberatore were in the Mafia (Over 500 metre per game) after round 1, but they have dropped off
when presented with different opponents and different levels of attention associated with their methodology of the
various sides. The old chestnut "You only play as well as they let you" can apply. I think Crozier is benefitting from
having an extra tall down back ditto for Wood although a different player volume wise.

Caleb Daniel doesn't get enough credit from your base, he's played exceptionally this year. I hate how people who can't do the most fundamental skill in the AFL get celebrated as much as they do... DYLAN SHIEL. I'd love to have him over Jetta. Start recognising game

Caleb Daniel doesn't get enough credit from your base, he's played exceptionally this year. I hate how people who can't do the most fundamental skill in the AFL get celebrated as much as they do... DYLAN SHIEL. I'd love to have him over Jetta. Start recognising game

Yes sir, apologies

Bevo seems so aware of the criticism of him. Was a bit taken aback when he acknowledged that he has been accused of playing players out of position in his presser.

Bevo was pretty adamant that he saw Trengove as a Key Forward alternating in the Ruck in his presser. This a sign of how stubborn he can be with his ideas as Trengove had just played his best game for the dogs in completely blanketing Lynch.

This place is a **** hole after a loss. Trying to get your positivity across would be like going up against the White Walkers during the battle of Winterfell.
Maybe we need to get rid of the Night King ( MD ) and all the negativity will disappear ?

TBH, I come on here often to interact with other posters but most of the time you have to put up with some seriously negative knucklehead posters who obviously know not a lot about the game. Some just brush it off and go about their business. Others can’t. I’m one of those that can’t.
Barely came here for the month of losses because its just a terrible waste of time, come back after a good win and its just painful. I like reading the analysis on a game with a lot of people picking upndifferent things throughout the game that i dont see. And its great for vfl/trade news but * its painful most of the time. Might have to cut it to a once a week look tbh

Yeah him and Crozier have been outstanding in defence this year, but I guess they aren't big enough names so go unnoticed a bit. I'm honestly dumbfounded at the fact that so many on here argue that Daniel shouldn't be in our backline.

Daniel is currently rated elite in disposals, disposal efficiency, rebound-50s, pressure acts, tackles and score involvements. Wouldn't be surprised to see him near the top of our B+F at this stage of the year, and is on track for All Australian so long as we don't get a repeat of last year (8 ******* Richmond players in the squad was just taking the piss and not even trying to hide their bias)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He does from some of us.

Daniel is absolutely nailing the role he’s playing and would definitely be a worthy AA recipient.

Yeah him and Crozier have been outstanding in defence this year, but I guess they aren't big enough names so go unnoticed a bit. I'm honestly dumbfounded at the fact that so many on here argue that Daniel shouldn't be in our backline

Mitch Wallis raves about Crozier on Sunday Footy Show. Said he’s become one of the best halfbacks in the game.

He’s a perfect combination of aerial dominance ( marking and spoiling ) defensive pressure, decent kicking and toughness. Not knowing his stats I’m just seeing him as good as Easton in 2015. I’m just confident when he’s near the contest that we’re ok.

Caleb has been sublime this year. He occasionally bites off more than he can chew with his disposal but his clean ball handling - he’s so low to the ground it just hits his hands so easily- and vision has set up so much rebound. It’s not his fault he’s short and outmatched. That’s more a breakdown in the system that leaves the taller defenders out of position and him still being able to read where the ball is going to get involved in those mismatches.

Bit like Naughts I would love him at both ends although he’s never quite matched his ballhandling he’s shown in defence as a small forward. Would be interesting if we found an alternative in defence in a couple of years whether he would be able to adapt what he’s doing in defence to the forward line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How different did we set up tonight compared to the rest of the season so far ?
Apart from two positional changes in Trengove and Dunkley. We didn’t do a lot different in regards to structure or set ups.
He’s pretty much selected the same team throughout and hasn’t wavered far in his coaching.
It’s quiet bizarre to double down on your critique of Bevos season after last nights win considering a lot of went right was what just needed to click in recent weeks.
What exactly do you see as major differences last night to the previous 4 weeks ?
Ok here's the thing though, all you people who never bloody post keep saying how negative things are on our board. I agree! So why can't you and 50 others start contributing more often and we can perhaps shape the environment here and make it more positive.
This place is a **** hole after a loss. Trying to get your positivity across would be like going up against the White Walkers during the battle of Winterfell.

Charlie Bucket using you to make a point.
Your top post was a reply to fronkalicious
I would argue that the Trengove change alone had a domino affect on the entire back line.
Trengove > Cordy > Wood > Croz.
IMO Wood played his best game this year because he didn't have to play tight on the second forward.
Also Zaine wasn't required on Lynch which allowed him to give English a longer chop out in the ruck.
Zaine is the best 2nd ruck option in the team atm and because he actually competes Bevo can keep him there longer as opposed to Dunkley, Schache, Naughton etc which gives English a longer rest which allows him to run out the game better.

This is my opionion but as is differs from yours i must be one of those negative knucklehead posters who obviously know not a lot about the game.

Substance This is why a lot of us can't be bothered posting.

I would argue that the Trengove change alone had a domino affect on the entire back line.
IMO Wood played his best game this year because he didn't have to play tight on the second forward.
Also Zaine wasn't required on Lynch which allowed him to give English a longer chop out in the ruck.
Zaine is the best 2nd ruck option in the team atm and because he actually competes Bevo can keep him there longer as opposed to Dunkley, Schache, Naughton etc which gives English a longer rest which allows him to run out the game better.

This is my opionion but as is differs from yours i must be one of those negative knucklehead posters who obviously know not a lot about the game.

How many times can I like this post ?

Might want to have a better look at the ruck numbers in regards to how long English is in there for Wock.
He attended less centre bounces when Schache was chopping him out than when Trenners and Cordy have the last two weeks. Schache attended more centre bounces in majority of his games than what those two did in their games. English has also played pretty much the same game time in all 7 games he’s played regardless of who’s giving him a chop out.
I’d say English is starting to develop and is handling the ruck gig better as the seasons gone. The stats have backed that up.
As far as Dunkley playing in the guts as Fronk mentioned, his centre bounce attendances have varied over the first 7 games. He didn’t attend many at all last week yet racked up24 disposals.
Some games he attended the third most and had almost no impact on the game.
On sat night he had similar centre bounce numbers to the night he had zero impact yet played his best game of the season.

Wood and Cordy hadn’t both taken the big key fwd monsters for the first 4-5 weeks yet both struggled. Both in some games having a match up that would allow them to play as they did on sat night, but they still struggled.
Wood didn’t have much chop out down back last week yet we saw a much improved game and he continued that on sat night.

There’s no doubt that Trengove back was a good move due to matching up well with Lynch and yeah it freed Cordy up but the reason our backs played with freedom is due to the work higher up the ground allowing us to defend without being under the pump. Why do you think Young looked better than previous weeks ?

Wood took intercept marks coming third man up and even strongly out marked his opponent a few times.
That’s him playing with confidence regardless of who he’s matched up on.

If you’re going to lay all the praise on Trengove being back there I suppose we should see our backline dominate every games he plays there yeah ?
Sorry, unlikely.

As for the knuckle head posters on here, if you put your balls on the line in attacking the coach and players you need to be man enough to cop it sweet when they’re handed back to you.

As for you Wocka, I’m not familiar with your postings so can’t comment on you being a knucklehead.

Last edited:
Should we throw some red meat at ‘the base’ in this case oh lecturous one?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back