Review DOGS INTO THE GRAND FINAL FEEEEKYEAAAAH!

Remove this Banner Ad

What a cracking match this was. We really did mug them.

reminded me so much of the WCE 2016 elimination final. You could just tell we had the goods immediately.

love the 1%ers from Roarke and Dunks. Smother kings.

Hunter’s kick to Schache I think in the second quarter was an absolute ripper. Surveyed his options beautifully. Hunter reflects our embarrassment of riches with absolute guns. He is a stud. Pretty much zero flaws to his game these days.

so good seeing Shack so involved. More of that please!

I was absolutely terrified before our elimination final. That was probably to do with a lot of my close mates supporting Essendon.

I’ve been very very calm in the lead up to the past 2 finals. Of course I’m nervous once the ball is bounced but nothing in the lead up. I feel the same about the grand final.
That makes two of us. I was worried against Essendope but not for the two away games. ATM I am ok. Let's see next week.

I’m not nervous . I’m really looking forward to it.

The Melbourne board are a mixture of fear and false bravado. I hope that spills over to their players.

We have a solid core of players with multiple final and Grand Final experience. We have the best coach in the game. We’ve won twice on this ground this year & have learnt to play on every ground in the land.

We have the best player & best captain in the game.

I’m not going to play a mug’s game of predicting the winner.

But bring it on. Any time, anywhere. Cede nullis.

That play was a thing of beauty.

Looking forward to your review of the game, Jdoggy
Hahahaha thanks for the shout out Dogs_R_Us

It’s an interesting one because I have so much to say but after such a win, i’m only compelled to write it up if we won the big one as we are indeed up to our eyeballs in it; and I just started some timely annual leave today so don’t worry, I’ve been reading the bigfooty a lot but seeing as you have tagged, perhaps just some quick ones:

I understand the shortmindedness of some of the calls for Roarke to be the unlucky one to potentially make way but for those who have truly watched the journey, he has to play, sub at worst.

Although Saturday felt like showering vindication for my support and belief in the bromance, we have one more to go before I am completely satisfied. When Adz kicked that goal though I exploded; not because it was a goal that made me settled that we would win it, but he has been my Tom Boyd ride the journey vibe since we snagged him final minute trade period. If we win, I’m getting next years premiers gold guernsey with a number 1 on the back like my 2017 premiers gold Boyd 17.

Bailey Dale’s story is becoming something of legend and I analyse even his moments being caught holding the ball as a positive thing; it shows he will not easily go into his proverbial shell and stop his attack on the footy. Those free kicks either hold the play up long enough for our defence to settle, or he has the hands free to handball to the free player, or he dances out of a tackle, breaks a line and catches the opposition flat footed with a dart to one of our half forwards. My Geelong fan school/housemate could not fathom how he got All Australian but after watching our finals games, he finally understood.

Bailey Williams, again, years ago when some said he wasn’t up to it, I wouldve been shattered if we let him go back to SA. The composure to recover Dale’s smothered kick setting up Bont’s goal, 3 touches in half a minute in the last quarter pressuring Fantasia and taking 2 intercept marks from Bergman kicks; him and Dale are some of the few who deserve it all after watching 2016 on the sidelines which is shattering for Wally/Jong etc.

As I said, so many things I could say but the last thing I’ll say is this; it’s quite clear after last years trade period ended I put all chips of faith on our stacked midfield and those 3 losses to end H&A was hard to bear coz we needed to get the run of games into the bromance. It was damned if we do (bring them in straight back from injury to play them into form) or damned if we don’t (keep them out longer hoping they’ll be better off delaying their return) and now it has lead to the ultimate chance at glory. Libba 19 of the most damaging possessions while being tagged, Bont 20, Dunks Hunter 22, Smith Adz 23, Mac 36 and then CD BD 22/24… the mids are back. And I don’t think this has been mentioned/observed enough, but prime Dunkley is essentially back. The smothers started last week and he went nuts again, but I lost it when he absolutely Decked Aliir which I thought shouldve been holding the ball.

Hopefully we’ve won it next Saturday and I’ll have a big write up, but thanks for the tag DRU hahah

Overwhelmingly most Pies fans i know are going for the Doggies, we utterly loathe the Deees, their fans are toffs, ive been in the MCC yrs ago, as a guest, all in there, sipping Pimms and quaffing down cucumber sandwiches, in their tweed jackets with leather elbow patches, Range Rovers all out in the car park, ready to duck up to the snow. ! BTW, did u guys know that Bevos Grand dad, jack Beveridge, played in Magpies 4 in a row Premiership teams, 1927-30? True, so Bevo has great genes, great Coach. I reckon its a big bonus the game isnt at the MCG, the Deeees home, just imagine all those Toff fans going nuts, with old fart Barassi going apeshit, not to mention the intolerable Garry Lyon. Playing in Perth will suit u guys i reckon. Goodluck.

Overwhelmingly most Pies fans i know are going for the Doggies, we utterly loathe the Deees, their fans are toffs, ive been in the MCC yrs ago, as a guest, all in there, sipping Pimms and quaffing down cucumber sandwiches, in their tweed jackets with leather elbow patches, Range Rovers all out in the car park, ready to duck up to the snow. ! BTW, did u guys know that Bevos Grand dad, jack Beveridge, played in Magpies 4 in a row Premiership teams, 1927-30? True, so Bevo has great genes, great Coach. I reckon its a big bonus the game isnt at the MCG, the Deeees home, just imagine all those Toff fans going nuts, with old fart Barassi going apeshit, not to mention the intolerable Garry Lyon. Playing in Perth will suit u guys i reckon. Goodluck.

Quite the stereotype you've got going there, Piesnchess!

Although you've reminded me of an old teaching colleague from Sth Gippsland who was a Melbourne supporting MCC member.

Always went to the game in a cravat...:rolleyesv1: :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will we who have had both jabs be allowed to have a picnic(social distancing from others, of course) on the Whitten Oval Grand Final night? Perhaps there might be a big screen set up there?

Will we who have had both jabs be allowed to have a picnic(social distancing from others, of course) on the Whitten Oval Grand Final night? Perhaps there might be a big screen set up there?

It's going to be such a great day, but the closer it gets, the more bittersweet it is.

Our Melbourne based fans have been through so much the last two years, unable to attend games for the majority of the time, locked down and we now miss out on the very rare gem that is us in a Grand Final.

Is it selfish to say we deserved the chance to see our team in a Grand Final for just the second time in 67 years in Melbourne? Yeah, it is, but no apologies. There's no other state or city in the country that deserved a break, like a big Grand Final and all that comes with it, as much as Melbourne. Anyway, not much can be done.

So it'll be laughing, smiling and jumping around the loungeroom, but also shedding a happy and sad tears as well. 😔

It's going to be such a great day, but the closer it gets, the more bittersweet it is.

Our Melbourne based fans have been through so much the last two years, unable to attend games for the majority of the time, locked down and we now miss out on the very rare gem that is us in a Grand Final.

Is it selfish to say we deserved the chance to see our team in a Grand Final for just the second time in 67 years in Melbourne? Yeah, it is, but no apologies. There's no other state or city in the country that deserved a break, like a big Grand Final and all that comes with it, as much as Melbourne. Anyway, not much can be done.

So it'll be laughing, smiling and jumping around the loungeroom, but also shedding a happy and sad tears as well. 😔
Just imagine that first game back at the footy Round 1 next year. First day back and it includes the unfurling of a flag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back