Review DOGS INTO THE GRAND FINAL FEEEEKYEAAAAH!

Munnez

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Useless stat.

Last time we won the flag, Geelong beat us if the regular season then were knocked out in the prelim by the team we beat in the gf......

On a serious note, I did read on another thread that teams that beat the cats in finals generally go on to lose. Not sure how accurate that is? Though it may indicate that Geelong are not as good as they seem given the home ground advantage and knocking them off in finals isn't that great an achievement?
Cat's finals record suggests GMBA doesn't do them any favours come finals time

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Looks like the Herald HUN is backing the Deeeees. included some ludicrous Max Gawn cardboard face photo, that you put over your face to look like Hillbilly Max. LOL, i put it on my Boxer dogs face, and he cracked it and tore it to pieces. My Boxer tips the Doggies by 22 points, Oscar knows a good Dogs side when he sees it. !

Boxer dogs best dogs.

Zgope1

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Something that probably hasn’t been spoken about in light of this great finals achievement we’ve just reached is the A+ development year we’ve had.

I’ve been skeptical and critical of these guys but:

schache has pretty much proven he can do this in some capacity. If you can help teams win and play good footy in finals you’re up to it. To have that player be a skilful tall forward is a massive bonus.

young too can play. He’s kind of like a weird utility type but he’s got enough to work with.

That is just wild to process

Oct 12, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Something that probably hasn’t been spoken about in light of this great finals achievement we’ve just reached is the A+ development year we’ve had.

schache has pretty much proven he can do this in some capacity. If you can help teams win and play good footy in finals you’re up to it. To have that player be a skilful tall forward is a massive bonus.

young too can play. He’s kind of like a weird utility type but he’s got enough to work with.

Both 200 cm athletic and versatile guys too. Very handy to have

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

I think I’ve lost hope in Young being as good as I thought he’d be. I dunno there’s still time I guess and if I had it my way he’d have had a good run at CHB this year and might just settle in better but there is some major flaws there that I’m just not sure he gets past. But I’m more than happy to keep him around as depth 200cm utility if he’s happy enough to do that. Super important to have on your list on a cheap contract.

Schaches the interesting one, I’m spewing Bruce will miss next year as it’d be so nice to solely focus on Schache developing as a key back throughout the preseason but now we’ll probably need to keep him forward until Jamarra is ready. I really think he could offer a lot to our backline

Munnez

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It gets them enough wins though :(. Watch them push for home finals.
AFL isnt going to indulge that if crowds are back. Not going to give up the revenue to give the Cats a leg up. Think that cliff has arrived for the Cats. Can only see them going backwards next year!

Aug 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I think I’ve lost hope in Young being as good as I thought he’d be. I dunno there’s still time I guess and if I had it my way he’d have had a good run at CHB this year and might just settle in better but there is some major flaws there that I’m just not sure he gets past. But I’m more than happy to keep him around as depth 200cm utility if he’s happy enough to do that. Super important to have on your list on a cheap contract.

Schaches the interesting one, I’m spewing Bruce will miss next year as it’d be so nice to solely focus on Schache developing as a key back throughout the preseason but now we’ll probably need to keep him forward until Jamarra is ready. I really think he could offer a lot to our backline
It’s a good opportunity for Schache. He has an opportunity to play consistent footy forward.

I’m a bit concerned that in the longer run we’re going to have Gardner, Darcy, Naughton, JUH and English, and we have Keath and Bruce in the shorter term. Best thing for him might be to take the opportunity to move elsewhere after showing his worth.

Then again, if he can make his mark as a KPD he might have an opportunity to take over when Keath goes.

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It’s a good opportunity for Schache. He has an opportunity to play consistent footy forward.

I’m a bit concerned that in the longer run we’re going to have Gardner, Darcy, Naughton, JUH and English, and we have Keath and Bruce in the shorter term. Best thing for him might be to take the opportunity to move elsewhere after showing his worth.

Then again, if he can make his mark as a KPD he might have an opportunity to take over when Keath goes.
Yeah agree about up forward, I know these things don’t usually work out as planned but I think Naughty, JUH and English will hold down that forward line for years. In the shorter term post Wood I could see Keath, Gardner & Schache working well together, even though I tend to prefer the 2 tall defensive set up usually. Then Darcy should be ready to take over in a few years from Keath, all going well

Piesnchess

Team Captain
Sep 13, 2009
Mt Evelyn
AFL Club
Collingwood
Basically done a Bradbury for the Grand Final, about the sixth or seventh choice To present the cup. Sadly, other choices have either died (Jim Stynes, Robbie Flower) or are too old and/or too ill (Daniher and Barrassi).
A family source very close to me, who spent many yrs at Melb in an Official capacity, told me few yrs back, that Paul Roos is a really great bloke, but Lyon is an absolute flog and tosser, and is universally disliked at the club. Just ask Billy Brownless too.

Back