Autopsy Dogs lack spark v Port Power, 55-42 loss

Remove this Banner Ad

We lack an older veteran presence on the field. Like a Matty Boyd, Murphy or a Picken. We only have one experienced player in his 30s and that’s woody.

THIS SO MUCH...

At various points of the year Macrae has been our most experienced and he just turned 26 today. We are sorely lacking 250+ game veteran.

Aaron Naughton:

Round 1: 2 x Disposals, 6 x AFL Fantasy points, 32 x Metres Gained.
Round 2: 10 x Disposals, 43 x AFL Fantasy Points, 137 x Metres Gained.
Round 3: 9 x Disposals, 39 x AFL Fantasy Points, 67 x Metres Gained.
Round 4: 4 x Disposals, 28 x AFL Fantasy Points, 45 x Metres Gained.

2 x Goals, 25 x Disposals, 10 x Marks, = Difference Maker
He’s literally coming off no pre season. And was rushed back in for round 1. Played against Collingwood when we had like 20 less inside 50s than what Collingwood had. We went back into a lockdown. And he had more surgery before round 2. And didn’t look right until the Sydney game where he went down injured before half time. when he was on fire before that. It was always going to take a few weeks for him to get fit and build some chemistry with Bruce.

Any key forward in the country would have been struggling early after having the pre season Naughton had.

Aaron Naughton:

Round 1: 2 x Disposals, 6 x AFL Fantasy points, 32 x Metres Gained.
Round 2: 10 x Disposals, 43 x AFL Fantasy Points, 137 x Metres Gained.
Round 3: 9 x Disposals, 39 x AFL Fantasy Points, 67 x Metres Gained.
Round 4: 4 x Disposals, 28 x AFL Fantasy Points, 45 x Metres Gained.

2 x Goals, 25 x Disposals, 10 x Marks, = Difference Maker

This is a pathetic post even by your standards.

So other than that, you see Naughton as our CHB?

no point having a strong backline with a pathetic forward line. Need Naughton forward desperately.

wish bevo would get his head out of his arse and play Trengove Full back and Keath CHB, he is stronger than keath and can take the Tom Lynch’s , Tom Hawkins, Charlie Dixon’s of the competition.

People need to lay off Bailey Smith - He’s 19 who had to carry the team in the middle early in the year and he now looks cooked which is taking a toll on his disposal.

He’ll come out of this marathon his enduring for the better and be stronger for it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Only a cretin would be questioning Bailey Smiths ability.

We lack an older veteran presence on the field. Like a Matty Boyd, Murphy or a Picken. We only have one experienced player in his 30s and that’s woody.

We lack leadership full stop.

Wallis and libba lead by example on field through effort.

Bont has been disappointing in all of our loses, Smith macrae and libba have been the ones to try to get us going when things aren’t going right. I miss the Bont that would get 8-12 tackles when he couldn’t get the ball.

Wood isn’t leading he’s barely keeping his spot in the team. Our leadership group included JJ and hunter who aren’t leaders.

In 2016 you had Moyd and Morris down back directing and setting the zone up behind the ball. You had picken up forward leading by example and no doubt directing. You had roughy who has previously been a VC leading with voice and acts.

We have nothing atm and I don’t see where it’s coming from but we need to find it quickly and it can’t be JJ and hunter

I actually can’t stand watching this s**t.

Watch on delay after getting kids off to bed, then just find myself fast forwarding through the matches, skipping entire quarters.

This is not just when we’re losing, but i did it in the games against Bombers and Norf too.

Maybe it’s a cumulation of our frustrating style, ordinary style of most opposition, the bewildering rule interpretations, the commentary teams, the lack of games in Melbourne.

Shouldn’t complain cos what else to do in lockdown, but i’m seriously struggling to maintain interest. Never happened before.

I’m just..... over footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JJ played a bad game but he's a fantastic servant of the club. Let's all take a deep breath... he knew he didn't play well going by the scenes in the rooms.

You don't hang lifelong bulldogs out to dry and he's red white and blue in my eyes

I didn’t even see him in there, what scenes?

JJ played a bad game but he's a fantastic servant of the club. Let's all take a deep breath... he knew he didn't play well going by the scenes in the rooms.

You don't hang lifelong bulldogs out to dry and he's red white and blue in my eyes

What was the vision?

Will be interesting to see if Beveridge throws Crozier forward as a marking option on Saturday. Went there late in the game and was a forward at Freo, although he only had 70% TOG so it may have been due to a knock/minor injury.

We lack leadership full stop.

Wallis and libba lead by example on field through effort.

Bont has been disappointing in all of our loses, Smith macrae and libba have been the ones to try to get us going when things aren’t going right. I miss the Bont that would get 8-12 tackles when he couldn’t get the ball.

Wood isn’t leading he’s barely keeping his spot in the team. Our leadership group included JJ and hunter who aren’t leaders.

In 2016 you had Moyd and Morris down back directing and setting the zone up behind the ball. You had picken up forward leading by example and no doubt directing. You had roughy who has previously been a VC leading with voice and acts.

We have nothing atm and I don’t see where it’s coming from but we need to find it quickly and it can’t be JJ and hunter
Again Trengove.

Lost at selection again. Trengove should.of played just for his size over Cordy. Schache has to play. Bruce has been s**t but not often he gets 1 on 1s.
Trengove touched up Lynch last year and playing his old side. Outside of our basic errors gifting them game.the only difference in the game was dixon.
Weightman not ready roarke no good .

I would just like to see Bevo try something new... get Daniels up the ground, English forward, Sweet into he side to give English a break from being pounded and offer some support for Bruce

Dunkley coming back makes our midfield so much better. There’s a few list holes but we held our own against one of this years better teams. English is clearly a year, maybe 2 from being consistent and our forward line still sucks. Bruce hasn’t found it yet but may with naughton back and fit. I don’t really see what all the fuss is about this week.

JJ needs to be dropped for a few weeks to find form and we need hunter.

Will be interesting to see if Beveridge throws Crozier forward as a marking option on Saturday. Went there late in the game and was a forward at Freo, although he only had 70% TOG so it may have been due to a knock/minor injury.
God I hope not. Our defence collapsed that one game he missed. The club should have genuine forward alternatives, and if it hasn’t that’s a list management issue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back