Autopsy Dogs lack spark v Port Power, 55-42 loss

Remove this Banner Ad

Lost at selection again. Trengove should.of played just for his size over Cordy. Schache has to play. Bruce has been sh*t but not often he gets 1 on 1s.
Trengove touched up Lynch last year and playing his old side. Outside of our basic errors gifting them game.the only difference in the game was dixon.
Weightman not ready roarke no good .

Schache injured

Personally we need the pace so i'd keep JJ.

Time to try him again forward. His job is to harass and chase with his closing speed.

Dead set worth a try when we have a treacle slow small/medium forward brigade. Even more so when he's turning the ball over in defence.

Will be interesting to see if Beveridge throws Crozier forward as a marking option on Saturday. Went there late in the game and was a forward at Freo, although he only had 70% TOG so it may have been due to a knock/minor injury.
Is it worth trying it for a few weeks? Thought he actually looked really dangerous for however briefly he was down there.

Can always flick him back if it doesn’t work.

Aaron Naughton:

Round 1: 2 x Disposals, 6 x AFL Fantasy points, 32 x Metres Gained.
Round 2: 10 x Disposals, 43 x AFL Fantasy Points, 137 x Metres Gained.
Round 3: 9 x Disposals, 39 x AFL Fantasy Points, 67 x Metres Gained.
Round 4: 4 x Disposals, 28 x AFL Fantasy Points, 45 x Metres Gained.

2 x Goals, 25 x Disposals, 10 x Marks, = Difference Maker

The only possible take from this post is that you're claiming Aaron Naughton isn't a difference maker, based on a sample size of 4 games he had coming off a very interrupted preseason.

Quite frankly I'm not even sure how to react to that.

Again Trengove.

Don’t think he has a position in the team, would he have kept Dixon to less than 2? Which 1 was a free, I don’t think so.

In the ruck Ladhams would have been to mobile for him, no doubt they took a lot of contested marks but most were in our forward line

Must of watched a different game to me
Walk me through what Charlie did apart from getting a soft free and taking a good mark when the game was over.

The nuffie trio of Dunstall, King and Ricciuto fawning over how “strong” he is doesn’t equate to him dominating.

Charlie played okay, but for mine, Keath had slightly the better of that contest.

Thanks Dogwatch

nothing to say really, same problems since 17 with this “rebuild”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t think he has a position in the team, would he have kept Dixon to less than 2? Which 1 was a free, I don’t think so.

In the ruck Ladhams would have been to mobile for him, no doubt they took a lot of contested marks but most were in our forward line
I’d play him fullback and its the knock on affect on other match ups where you’d see the real benefit. Plus he adds a genuine chop out for English.
If you’re not going to use Trengove against a Dixon type why the hell is he on our list.

What we need to do:

leave the backline alone but tell them to cut the fancy crap out. Don’t over use it and cough up easy goals.

Give English an ultimatum to toughen up in the body contact department or play sweet.

We are stuck with Bruce, if Naughtons back next game great if not play young or schache. The Pick 4 others and stick with them! Wallis is obviously one and should give someone like Greene a crack

How about he was struggling to mesh with Josh Bruce as they had no opportunity to try the combination in the pre-season games.

I mean yeah. Not only on an individual level was he behind, but he was behind on building chemistry out there with Bruce. But the only way to read the post you made is that you were attempting to use some stats to argue that Naughton wouldn't be a difference maker when he clearly would be. He's a straight in player that just has to play through the rust at AFL level, we don't have much choice there.

Honestly could be the best game we’ve played all year. Our wins have not been impressive when you consider who they were against and our losses have been horrific besides this one. Effort and desire was clearly there we just weren’t clean enough going forward. The difference in the game was that when port had momentum we didn’t pressure them nearly as well as they pressured us.

I know loses are disappointing but I’d rather lose like that than any of our other losses this season.

Really should have been 4 goals up at half time. We lost because our F50 entries sucked/lack of tall marking targets in the forward line.

Bruce had an absolute shocker. JJ let himself down with some costly turnovers. Maclean should not be in and out of the side so much. I don't think Weightman is ready to go.

I’d play him fullback and its the knock on affect on other match ups where you’d see the real benefit. Plus he adds a genuine chip out for English.

So tonight he goes to Dixon, keath go Westhoff and cordy to gerogiartas who combined for 2 goals?

Next game who would he play on? Hipwood is too quick for him and think mcstay is still suspended and McInerney has to play ruck for them atm

Bloody frustrating night. Was a terrible result but I agree with a few in here when saying it wasn’t actually a bad performance besides some terrible skill errors and decision making from a few players that cost us dearly going the other way. Two stand out s from JJ.
We won plenty of inside ball, we had our chances fwd of centre but hit a wall when going inside 50. Port are an outstanding defensive unit so regardless of how the ball entered 50 and who we had down there, they were on and it made it difficult to convert our chances. The chances we had we pissed away too.
Let’s not forget also that it’s not just by choice that the kicker bombs long inside 50. If the oppo are well set up, as Port were tonight, it doesn’t leave many options and it certainly doesn’t leave space to be hitting up key fwds lace out. We had chances when ball hit ground level but Port were better than our smalls.

We didn’t capitalise when we had momentum and Port did. Port were outstanding in the air and we didn’t handle Ports pressure for for too longer periods. The main factors in our loss tonight imo and if it was better balanced we probably win with a few goals to spare.

So tonight he goes to Dixon, keath go Westhoff and cordy to gerogiartas who combined for 2 goals?

Next game who would he play on? Hipwood is too quick for him and think mcstay is still suspended and McInerney has to play ruck for them atm

Lions have a couple of young KPF's. Lions marking power in the forward line won't be the worry.

It's Cameron, Zorko and McCarthy. Thats the problem this week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back