Autopsy Dogs lose to Tigers - Rd 7, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

No. He definitely wants it he just needs to grow into it like Cotchin. At least he's not as far back as Cotch was (who in 2016 was the single worst captain in the league).
This is a great comment. It says a lot about journos who criticise players, but good coaches know where the future is at. I remember journos bagging Cotchin for not delivering. what a bunch of hypocrites. now they are the ones who say Cotchin is the best. reminds me of dickhead finance journos who say that cryptos are bs. what morons!!!

Last edited:
If you're going to be poor defensively you need to be great offensively or vice versa. Cordy is in no mans land at the moment.
Our backline is a systems backline and not a one on one backline. If you are not used to the players in the system it takes time to adjust. That was the problem. In hindsight, I think we lost due to the midfield being obliterated rather than the backline not working.

Our backline is a systems backline and not a one on one backline. If you are not used to the players in the system it takes time to adjust. That was the problem. In hindsight, I think we lost due to the midfield being obliterated rather than the backline not working.
It's obvious we lost the game due to the midfield underperforming. The backline held up relatively OK (noted, it could have been worse if Lynch kicked straight). However despite the defensive unit being OK on the whole, it was clear that Cordy as an individual was out of his depth and being covered by his team mates to various degrees.
Cordy reminds me of Bruce last year, just looks out of shape, touch and confidence. At least Bruce could smash some contests to still affect the game in some way though.

What an outstanding press conference from Bev. Simultaneously showed his support and care for the players, made the media look like the utter fools they are, and provided insightful and nuanced commentary of the game. Thought it was one of his best and made me feel good about the game.

A strange comment given I'm only watching from afar, but something feels different with him this year. He has that swagger back that went missing at times over the past couple of years. He seems at ease with how confident he is about this group; he seems more open and less prone to sweating the small things. I'm enjoying his pressers more than usual this year.
Agree with this. He is different this year. He is more like the Bevo from 2015/16 when he knew he was coaching a contender.

The thing that shits me about Bevo is he is always on the defensive when he gets asked any hard questions, just tell the truth that we were bashed up in the second half. Look at Buckley in Press Conferences, always calm. Simpson came out and said his side was weak after the Geelong loss. Tell it like it is for once, give us some honesty. I’m sick of the ducks and drakes

The thing that shits me about Bevo is he is always on the defensive when he gets asked any hard questions, just tell the truth that we were bashed up in the second half. Look at Buckley in Press Conferences, always calm. Simpson came out and said his side was weak after the Geelong loss. Tell it like it is for once, give us some honesty. I’m sick of the ducks and drakes

Be more like Buckley!!!!! Are you fair dinkum??

Contender for worst post of the year.

Bevo does tell it like it is every single time. Not sure if you are serious but If you want a coach to roast his players publicly after a loss then you won’t get that with Bevo but you will get an honest and frank summation of the game from his point of view.
We lost by 22 points and had a shot in the last that would have had us within a kick. We were by far the better team in the first half.

Quickest way to lose your players? Throw them under the bus.

Bevo handles pressers better than any coach in the comp imo.
Says enough to keep the media happy, without compromising his message to the players. Bucks and co should take notes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back