Preview Dogs on Mars: Round 8 Saturday May - 11 1:45 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Andrews returning, Fagan should consider playing McStay back and moving Walker forward. Josh Walker been amazing this year and is in career best form. Currently averaging 7.9 marks a game and ranked 7th in the league, only five marks behind Michael Hurley. Given that many of his marks are also contested he has been dominating opponents in the air. I would love to see him as a target in the forward line. Remember Fagan flirted with Andrews up forward in the pre-season on the strength of his marking. Based on form in the marking department Walker is a better option.

If Hipwood is suspended, which I very much doubt, then I would include Andrews up back, move McStay into defence and tell him to spoil everything and go with Walker and Keays up forward.
Don't like that idea. Walker has been sensational down back. We don't want to mess a good thing up. We have been getting over 100points every time we win so it's not like we are lacking in the forward scoring. What we don't want to do is move him up forward, then he could lose his confidence, move him back to defence then he is out of form in the backline. Would rather Andrews go forward if that is the case or debut Wooler. Even though he isn't a key forward but we do have 2 of them in McStay and Big O.

Since its expected to be a cold game, expect to see a few players rocking the long sleeve? Cant remember a game since we played Geelong in 2008 where any of our players worn one.

Attachments

• 139260.jpg
    139260.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 164
  • 139261.jpg
    139261.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 178
  • 139347.jpg
    139347.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 177
I agree.
Don't like that idea. Walker has been sensational down back. We don't want to mess a good thing up. We have been getting over 100points every time we win so it's not like we are lacking in the forward scoring. What we don't want to do is move him up forward, then he could lose his confidence, move him back to defence then he is out of form in the backline. Would rather Andrews go forward if that is the case or debut Wooler. Even though he isn't a key forward but we do have 2 of them in McStay and Big O.
I can see your logic. Nice to have so many options.

Feel like if we can break even with their midfield we should be able to win this game, Our Backline and Fwd line look stronger

LIONS BY 19

Of course I hope it isn't the case, but I think we'll be brought back down to earth next week and the Dogs will win by about 5 goals.

I get this opinion, but the media have completely PUMPED up the doggies after the weekend especially Naughton. Could have a worse affect on them. We have been flying under the radar after the collingwood game.

Of course I hope it isn't the case, but I think we'll be brought back down to earth next week and the Dogs will win by about 5 goals.

Think you're right Dylan.

I've watched the last three games live and honestly our defensive issues that plagued us against Collingwood were still there against the Suns and Swans, they just didn't have the class to punish us as much as Collingwood did.

The only clear positive is I think the absence of Matho has allowed us to have a more balanced midfield spread and Lyons has been allowed to impact our contested game more. BUT if we keep conceding scores as easily as we have been the last 3 weeks I can't see the dogs not producing enough chances to kick a winning score.

Was looking forward to getting out west till I realised it's my wife's bday. So going to be missing the trip out.

For the game I want to see Martin and O smash in the ruck. English is still very young and slight and I think it's an area we can really look to exploit. Grundy had a day out against him and we need to do the same. Be physical and give us first use

Think you're right Dylan.

I've watched the last three games live and honestly our defensive issues that plagued us against Collingwood were still there against the Suns and Swans, they just didn't have the class to punish us as much as Collingwood did.

The only clear positive is I think the absence of Matho has allowed us to have a more balanced midfield spread and Lyons has been allowed to impact our contested game more. BUT if we keep conceding scores as easily as we have been the last 3 weeks I can't see the dogs not producing enough chances to kick a winning score.

What if we bring in Bastinac?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have a strange feeling this game won't have an overly close final score i.e. whoever wins will win by 30-35 points - just no idea who!

Whilst I've been an advocate for McStay needing to have his place in the side questioned, I'm also hoping that the mini-breakthrough he seemed to have on the weekend with his kicking will give him some confidence and he will kick on now and pose more of a threat up forward

As someone mentioned before, hoping Big O and Stef can work over young English and give us first use of the ball.

McStay kicks better in the wet. Just proves it's all mental for him when it comes to goal kicking. He knows he has an excuse (the wet ball) if he misses. Whereas there isn't an excuse but himself when it's dry. Gotta love it.

---

I can see us winning this in a close one. Has a Casey Fields v Dees feel about it.

We still shouldn't have been sent to a JLT venue at best for an actual AFL game where only a few get a seat. You'd rarely see, if at all, a major sporting league allowing clubs to move games from world club stadiums to some backwater that fans can't be adequately catered for, except in the AFL.
The stadium seats about 8000 i think the rest is standing room. Its bloody freezing there.

Surely time to find a spot for Keays. Have to reward his form. Not sure who comes out though
Taylor... 7 touches gave away a 50metre penalty goal... completely opposed to seeing him in the seniors. Keayes deserves a game bigtime.

Pressuring their running handball game this week I reckon is the key.

It can be a fine line between putting actual pressure on and just not enough pressure that opens you up in the process.
The dogs have been good at this last few years - kings of the dubious handball.

Stef has to stamp himself on the game again as well.

Apparently Billy Puller is calling for Allen Christensen to be brought in.;) He was in red hot form in the NEAFL on the weekend BP.
That’s just crazy!!! I heard from my cousins uncles Uber driver sister that Christensen is the reason we lost those 2 games. The NEAFL team are just lucky his issues only affects the better players and not the youngsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back