Preview Dogs on Mars: Round 8 Saturday May - 11 1:45 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, I'm back onto the bandwagon that says McStay has been selected and I want him to kick a bag of goals and be hugely successful.

I do reserve the right to ratbag him if he has a terrible game.

Nice to hear I am trending on instagram. #3KZisrightagain

I don't even care if he kicks a bag - I'd be happy with efforts like last week - a few snags as well as setting up a few more and competing strongly. I don't expect him to play four great quarters, but three highly competitive quarters should be the bare minimum.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Not sure if this is anything, but Nick Robbo essentially said Walker is being rested and will be back next week.

I assumed he was sugar coating the fact he was dropped

Pacman82

Premiership Player
Oct 24, 2011
Earth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
SMFC | Celtics

Makes my wonder what they'll be serving..

VictorianCollections-large.jpg

Probably bring along some travelers just in case..

I assumed he was sugar coating the fact he was dropped

Yeah look it could be that or it could be as simple as we are going to play him next week, needed a smaller team to play to conditions/opposition and we are essentially resting him this week. He's not playing NEAFL either which is worth noting.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yeah look it could be that or it could be as simple as we are going to play him next week, needed a smaller team to play to conditions/opposition and we are essentially resting him this week. He's not playing NEAFL either which is worth noting.

I guess the end result is he’s being rested but that probably wasn’t the reason he isn’t playing.

Sausages

HIGH PRIEST IN THE TEMPLE OF GG/SNSD
Feb 27, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
We are the form slippery ball team in the comp. Bring it.

Yeah, I agree TBD - it's funny, the theories on wet weather footy.

There's a general school of thought that it evens the skill levels between teams....leveling those differences out.

I have heard more than one commentator though voice the idea that it in fact makes good players more damaging.

Regardless, we have the right stuff for wet weather footy.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Surface looks pretty good in the Lions instagram posts although I’d assume they’d avoid the wetter parts of the ground.

He has looked proppy in recent games so there might be something in this. Not sure why he wasn't listed as "managed or rested" rather than "omitted".

Tbh I don't think it matters because it all really means the same thing: player X out, player Y in. Walker and the players will know why he's out and they're the ones that matter.

Pacman82

Premiership Player
Oct 24, 2011
Earth
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
SMFC | Celtics
It's safe to say he hasn't been omitted on the same grounds as Squizzy, but there not giving much away

jonnobackpocket

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Went and had a look at training. Lads were having pings at the goals and the ones dropping short were bouncing not skidding. No splash when running around or when the balls bouncing. It’s it great Knick, Bezza thanking everyone for coming out after training, all class that man.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

lioninthesand

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I read it in the Herald/Sun......it was there in the sporting headlines, so any man and his dogs who read the paper will have seen it, or any other teams.

I agree it was awful what happened to Alex, but I'm not the only one thinking it could lead to ridicule, his own teammates are doing it, for a start...

and you think opposition players won't pick up on it? Fair enough.

Players shave their legs, dress like a character from Zoolander and love MAFS, ridicule died a long time ago. Doubt saying 'Alex is a sook, he thinks its cold" will really throw him off his game anyway.

Dec 1, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Surprised more people haven't got Billy Puller blocked. He craves attention so intentionally makes controversial posts to bait. Doesn't offer much more than that sadly.
I dont really block posters but he might be one. Dont have time in my life for attention seekers like him.

How good does Fages look playing with the team, boys would have had a laugh. Wonder if any other senior coaches would have done that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back