Review Dogs overcome first quarter blues to beat Hawks 125-83

Remove this Banner Ad

Robert Redford Yes GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very happy for the much maligned Schache and Ugle-Hagan. Well done young fellas.

Westy...much respect.

Jack Macrae...you are always there when the whips are cracking.

Libba...your Dad must be proud of you. The epitome of a son-of-a-gun. The spiritual leader of our club.

I'm feeling a bit better than I was at the end of the first quarter for some reason :p

I will now bow my head when the name "Libba" is mentioned

Poor start. Poor pressure, poor defending of transition in the first quarter.

Midfield domination for the next 2 and a half quarters. Pressure went up significantly. Which allowed intercepting in the defence and slowing the Hawks transition.

Libba super. West growing.

Schache and JUH showed great signs next challenge is to back it up next week.

I need a gif of Bont ragdolling Sicily at the end there. So, so satisfying.
He is such an f-wit. What is the point when you've had your pants pulled down, to embarrass yourself even further?

Bont and Liber had his measure physically, and mentally Sicily would struggle to name the numbers on their backs.

Forward line selections actually are good for once. 3 genuine talls in Naughts, Schack and JUH, 3 genuine smalls in Weightman, West and JJ. No surprise that we are finally able to put the right mix of forwards out (waiting on brucey of course) we score 120 points in consecutive games.

I called for Marra to improve in the 2nd half. He was much much better and took 4 contested grabs. Nothing to complain about there.

Libba westy amazing. Schack was good with added tackling aggression. Love to see that. NFI why he isn't selected nearly every game.

Schache, why do you always tease me like this? I know you're gonna spud it up next week. But jeez there were some good signs from you tonight. Could this be it? Have you really arrived? No. I've thought this so many times before. I won't be fooled again. But then again...something is different this time...isn't it? The physicality that you've lacked...it was there. The hunger. The competitiveness. Strong hands. No. I don't believe it. It's another trick. Drop him Bev.

Asked this in the game day thread and not a smart ass question haven’t been to a live game this year due to being interstate. So have had the opportunity to view it for myself.

What work does McComb do off the ball defensively?

Appears on tv to give up easy and lacks desperation defensively on tv vision but clearly tv vision can be deceiving and miss a lot

Good win, but geez we make some bad blues down back.

I thought Gardy did well, still learning, but showed a little bit offensively tonight. Would like him to take body a little more but the kid tries.

Alex Keath... is a necessity but geez he makes some dumb decisions with the ball. Horrendous kick at times and continually handballs to people under pressure.

Croz.... mate, you have lost it. I don't know what to say :(

TOB - doesn't seem strong enough at times... Would like to see him be a little nastier!

However, when the ball comes in without any pressure like int he first and last quarter it is hard for all defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Back