Dogs Owned By Cats Yet Again - 94-66 Loss

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
It looks like Bevo has given another 3 coaches votes to Gardner.

Look Gardner had an okay game but Bevo has genuinely lost the plot in regards to his view on his games. He’s living in a different reality if he thinks he was the 3rd most influential player on the ground.
He’s actually cooked, looks genuinely unwell for the most part

Mr. Walker

Premiership Player
Apr 15, 2002
PO Box. 7 Powelltown
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Danger 10
D Kooning 4
C Guthrie 4
Blicavs 4
Gardner 3
I Smith 2
Richards 2
Close 1

Gardner better than Richards?????

D Koning equal second best player? I missed that one.

PS - whart does the “D” stand for ? 🤣

After watching the game again, two points from me:

Much of what is relevant has already been posted. Nevertheless...

I understand the "outside 5" tactic theory - the player on the mark is free to move without giving up a 50m penalty.

However, we concede much more, in both metres and the opposition's ability to apply pressure, than just the occasional 50m. Time to give it a rest.

Ed is an emerging leader.

PS: was Terry deKoning really only worth 31 games? 😕

Richards a smokey for the BnF? He will def finish top 5. Chris Scott presser was interesting he clearly rates us but what was more telling was he discussion on close, miers and stengle. The running power they have to get back to help the D out then stream forward and be dangerous. We dont have that in our team as weightman is more a stay at home small forward. Garcia and west can maybe do that for us but? Overall the first half was very good but we couldnt turn the tide. Dont think its as doom and gloom as others think it was Selwoods 350th at the Cattery = recipe for disaster
Makes you wonder if it was a fixture request to play us there on his 350th. We seem to play them more at the kitty box than at our home ground. Would love to play them at the G.

Compare the pair

Since 2012 Geelong has had 7 top four finishes including 1 top finish. They have played in 17 finals and won 6.
They have made one losing grand final.

Since 2012 Bulldogs have played in 10 finals, have not in any year finished in the top four, have won 7 finals, including a Grand Final, and lost three finals including a losing grand final.

Imagine how successful we would be if we had the leg up this mob gets.

glenashley

Club Legend
Apr 26, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Compare the pair

Since 2012 Geelong has had 7 top four finishes including 1 top finish. They have played in 17 finals and won 6.
They have made one losing grand final.

Since 2012 Bulldogs have played in 10 finals, have not in any year finished in the top four, have won 7 finals, including a Grand Final, and lost three finals including a losing grand final.

Imagine how successful we would be if we had the leg up this mob gets.
I did an analysis last year of their 'conversion' rate and concluded they were the biggest finals chokers of the modern era.

Their home ground advantage probably had them finish above their station for many seasons.

Libbaaaa

Premiership Player
Jun 1, 2021
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I did an analysis last year of their 'conversion' rate and concluded they were the biggest finals chokers of the modern era.

Their home ground advantage probably had them finish above their station for many seasons.
This year they have decent scalps at the G but I’d take Melbourne quite comfortably over them in a final.

Got around to re-watching this game today.. Yikes, we came out swinging and jeeze the first quarter had me pumped, second was a good arm wrestle that I thought we were winning in holding them off, but the third.. What happened during that half time break? Like a different team came out, won't even go on about the 4th.

We have so many holes, tactically and personal wise that need fixing.

samDD

Debutant
Jun 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
If your own coach thought this way Noah Balta wouldn’t sniff the forward line.
And he shouldn't. There isn't a single Richmond supporter right now who thinks Balta should be playing forward.

Libbaaaa

Premiership Player
Jun 1, 2021
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Plus Geelong has played North and West coast twice this year and the only team currently in the 8 they've played twice is St Kilda.
How does the AFL stuff the fixture up so badly?
Swings and roundabouts, Saints hard the hardest fixture pre season and it hasn’t really worked out that way (bar the next 3 weeks).

Plus Geelong has played North and West coast twice this year and the only team currently in the 8 they've played twice is St Kilda.
How does the AFL stuff the fixture up so badly?
Do they stuff it up? Geelong always whinging they don’t play all their home games at the Kat box, I am sure guaranteeing we, North, Saints down there every ******* year is the appeaser. If we started winning down there odds on, suddenly we wouldn’t be scheduled there as often. We are the reason these bastardos make top four every year. Dam it we should get a free membership to their club.

While I am ranting and raving, in 2016, guess who played Essendon’s top up team twice?

Last edited:
May 27, 2002
Torquay
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bulldogs
Do they stuff it up? Geelong always whinging they don’t play all their home games at the Kat box, I am sure guaranteeing we, North, Saints down there every ******* year is the appeaser. If we started winning down there odds on, suddenly we wouldn’t be scheduled there as often. We are the reason these bastardos make top four every year. Dam it we should get a free membership to their club.

While I am ranting and raving, in 2016, guess who played Essendon’s top up team twice?

Oh and hello to. The Geelong lurkers, I expect royalty payments if you put this quote on your board.
Once that stand is built, every club should have to play down there including Essendon, Collingwood, Carlton, Hawthorn and Richmond. None of our 40k members can go, but the lucky 500 or so seats which gets allocated to opposition fans. Its truly a joke and unfair to Melb, Dogs, North, Saints.

Once that stand is built, every club should have to play down there including Essendon, Collingwood, Carlton, Hawthorn and Richmond. None of our 40k members can go, but the lucky 500 or so seats which gets allocated to opposition fans. Its truly a joke and unfair to Melb, Dogs, North, Saints.
They charge an astronomical amount of money to get a ticket, and stick you right up the back in the rafters, just in case we you know, support our team.

footscray1973

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Haven't been to that sh1t hole in years. Last time I was there, I had a difference of opinion with a few of the locals which escalated beyond words because they couldn't hold their liquor, swore to never go back again. If it burnt down, I'd drive down there just to make sure all of it was destroyed, and maybe to p1ss on the ashes. Hopefully the new stand triggers a massive sink hole in the middle of the ground.

Haven't been to that sh1t hole in years. Last time I was there, I had a difference of opinion with a few of the locals which escalated beyond words because they couldn't hold their liquor, swore to never go back again. If it burnt down, I'd drive down there just to make sure all of it was destroyed, and maybe to p1ss on the ashes. Hopefully the new stand triggers a massive sink hole in the middle of the ground.
I went in 2008, we lost and they were abusive feral trash, the reason I don’t like them. I laughed so much when Hawthorn beat them that year in the GF.

Back