Review Dogs Run Out Of Legs And Lose To Collingwood - Rd 4 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah agree. Dont really have a strong opinion as Selection never seems to follow bigfooty wisdom

It’s a risk no doubt but if we can strangle at least a 50/50 hit out count our mids should dominate and get more inside 50s.

Would also put the absolute responsibility onto Woods shoulders and tell him it’s time to be the captain or move on. It’s carlton we shouldn’t go in with a negative mindset

It’s a risk no doubt but if we can strangle at least a 50/50 hit out count our mids should dominate and get more inside 50s.

Would also put the absolute responsibility onto Woods shoulders and tell him it’s time to be the captain or move on. It’s carlton we shouldn’t go in with a negative mindset

M8 wood is what 186cm? And Young is shocking body on body.

Imagine what Lynch and Reiwoldt would do.

We already play Russian roulette with an undersized backline. Pulling Cordy out would be mad IMO.

M8 wood is what 186cm? And Young is shocking body on body.

Imagine what Lynch and Reiwoldt would do.

We already play Russian roulette with an undersized backline. Pulling Cordy out would be mad IMO.

We are playing Carlton I’m not sure what Lynch And Riewoldt have to do with it unless they have been traded and I miss it?

If he's honestly said that, he's more of a d*** than I thought.

So he can now read the thoughts of players and who they're intended to kick to? What an amazing, incredible f*******.

I'm also amazed the studio lights don't melt his face.
He's always analysed the thought processes of every bit of play, in the most annoying way possible.

Can't say I am a Hunter fan and treat him like mid AA Boyd. Brings more good than bad despite his shitty kicking. Hunter plays a bit like Cross, playing in his limitations and slowing momentum in the process. Hunters running to provide an option is incredible although sometimes I wonder if teams are happy to let him run free.

But if Hunter is essential and given he is our B and F, he clearly is. Then I'm thinking more and more we can't carry both Wallis and Dunkley.

I don't doubt that what he brings to the side with his prodigious running is of value, particularly when our gun mids as good as they are, can be a bit one paced. However, I also dont doubt that you are correct in you assessment that teams are happy enough to let him do whatever he likes safe in the knowledge that his high possession count is in most instances not going to hurt them. As it stands until somebody with better foot skills can go past him he's clearly a starting mid, so don't mind me. Dunkley is clearly a victim of Libbas startling return to the game and looks a little lost playing a spare parts role. I think Ive made my views on Wallis clear enough over the past 12 months and if he is playing as many minutes through the mid-field as he appears to be then we just do not bat as deeply through the middle as many here would have it.

BTW. I would absolutely kill to have an AA Boyd running through our rotations right now.

We are playing Carlton I’m not sure what Lynch And Riewoldt have to do with it unless they have been traded and I miss it?

So you are talking a one off game against Carlton?

Still a bad idea IMO. McKay is a good contested mark and would slaughter anyone but Cordy or Naughton.

All pretty unlikely as Bev would rather ruck Bont than shift Cordy or pick another ruck IMO.

H
Hunter's work rate is exceptional but we really need Lynch to be receiving the handball from Hunter rather than have Hunter just floating it down the line or into the forward 50.
He is just s non damaging with his kicking no penetration

Actually l think a point everyone misses with Hunter is that he is strictly a outside link playter who everyone gets blinded by the amount of possessions he gets. My beleif is he gets so many not thru hard work but the fact opposition clubs are like us and dont rate his disposal and penetration.Therefore put their energies to other players like Bont and Mcrae. Consistently goes sideways and loses forward momentum which allows opposition to stream back.

Not dissappointed we gave it a fair crack and just couldn't quite get there in the end, can't be upset with that, that's all we ask for as fans.
Yeah those winnning thingys are nice too tho

So posters like you cause most of the issues on this board by making a discussion between 2 posters with differing opinions some sort of personal vendetta

Braybrook son did not call out bullshit he disagreed. I still disagree but accept he has a differing opinion.

He is not being a pompus twat by calling out bullshit that could be said about most opinions here.

In fact I am not even sure the point of your post, as the poster in question did not even say what you have said he has, in your post above you have not even quoted me correctly at all yet you are trying to make yourself out to be some kind of expert calling out non existent bullshit. Weird post

Enjoy your day.
How have I not quoted you correctly?
I have not quoted you at all. I summarised your initial point, the counter opinion and your decision to swivel the argument.

I’m not the ‘cause’ of problems on this board. In case you hadn’t noticed, the forum is full of opinions. You traded the first personal insult when you accused me of not having a grasp of the English language and I will obviously take issue with that.

Thanks, enjoy your day too.

English looked capable forward. Why not just play Trengove as ruck. Young was actually pretty good against the Suns- we just need to play him.

I am with you on this one. I thought Young was very stiff to be dropped he went more than ok vs GC.

He played against GC as though he was playing for his spot in the side where as most others played as though there spot was their right.

I don't doubt that what he brings to the side with his prodigious running is of value, particularly when our gun mids as good as they are, can be a bit one paced. However, I also dont doubt that you are correct in you assessment that teams are happy enough to let him do whatever he likes safe in the knowledge that his high possession count is in most instances not going to hurt them. As it stands until somebody with better foot skills can go past him he's clearly a starting mid, so don't mind me. Dunkley is clearly a victim of Libbas startling return to the game and looks a little lost playing a spare parts role. I think Ive made my views on Wallis clear enough over the past 12 months and if he is playing as many minutes through the mid-field as he appears to be then we just do not bat as deeply through the middle as many here would have it.

BTW. I would absolutely kill to have an AA Boyd running through our rotations right now.
It certainly seems as if Hunter has lost favour with Bigfooty Ching voters. As current B&F winner you would expect at least one vote after 4 games but he is at zero/zip. We love his consistency but the penny may have well and truly dropped that his last kicks into the forward line are mostly of little value. I suppose a counter argument would be that if he didn't get as many disposals as he does, the ball would rarely get near the forward line in the first place.

Carlton may have Curnow, McKay, McGovern and Kreuzer (maybe).

That's a fair bit of marking power I would definitely consider bringing in Young at the very least.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you are talking a one off game against Carlton?

Still a bad idea IMO. McKay is a good contested mark and would slaughter anyone but Cordy or Naughton.

All pretty unlikely as Bev would rather ruck Bont than shift Cordy or pick another ruck IMO.

Again this what I would do, I do not expect Bev to do that he has his plan and thats the way it is.

We will go on negative and if the suns can beat us at Marvel then Carlton and also a massive chance

Actually l think a point everyone misses with Hunter is that he is strictly a outside link playter who everyone gets blinded by the amount of possessions he gets. My beleif is he gets so many not thru hard work but the fact opposition clubs are like us and dont rate his disposal and penetration.Therefore put their energies to other players like Bont and Mcrae. Consistently goes sideways and loses forward momentum which allows opposition to stream back.
Nah, fair enough to question his disposal but he gets so many possessions through gut running and footy smarts. He'd have one of the biggest tanks in the AFL. The oppo would be getting extra uncontested possessions all over the ground without Hunter in the team. It's quite remarkable how often he pops up at the right spot miles from where he just was, for four quarters too.

Yeah those winnning thingys are nice too tho
Collingwood were in the grand final last year and are a flag favorite don't forget, the game could have pretty easily gone the other way imo, so it's a pretty good result/effort even if we didn't get the win, if we play to that similar sort of level for the season we make finals imo.

It was a frustrating game to watch. Once again we won the majority of the stats, excluding hitouts and scores of course. The midfield is having to work so hard to cover the weakness in the ruck, and the weak forward line. The last quarter after a five day break was just a bridge too far. Collingwood are a more mature team, but not necessarily more talented.

I think keep English in, he provides a lot around the ground, but we need Trengove to take on at least 50 percent of the ruck duties. Wallis in the midfield is frustrating, it constantly breaks down with him, he never kicks forward always sideways and back. Move him to the forward line if we want to keep him in.

JJ should have played in the VFL first, he didn’t give us a lot. Bring in some VFL guys, stick to the mantra that we reward good performances.

Collingwood were in the grand final last year and are a flag favorite don't forget, the game could have pretty easily gone the other way imo, so it's a pretty good result/effort even if we didn't get the win, if we play to that similar sort of level for the season we make finals imo.

If Collingwood play like that they don’t make finals

Honestly what the pies achieved last year has zero bearing and there is no way they should be even close to flag fav.

It was a very ordinary game between two mid table teams

Hunters abity to link is part of why Ive been advocating that Richards switch back to lhb flank. Hunter himself is not the one who'll hurt you but ca be be that vital lonk to the one that will.
Richards has the pace and kick to hurt you in a couple of ways at least. Admittedly hes slightly off it at the moment but Id persist if they send back over to the left.
Schache also an interesting one. Id be more than Ok giving him a high half fwd flank role down the left if Boyd can get back later in the season.
Hunter glues them altogether.

We won the inside 50 count the first three weeks, clearances too.

We're 17th for conversion from inside 50s. Our forwardline still needs work because at the moment we have one marking threat (Naughton) and a couple of guys who can mark on the lead (Dickson and Gowers) - Gowers fades in and out of games and Dickson is only ever a knife-edge away from injury and is long in the tooth.

McLean is ok but it's not his best spot. We desperately need support there - Lloyd is ok, Wallis who was good last year is inexplicably taking Dunkley's spot in the centre.

It certainly seems as if Hunter has lost favour with Bigfooty Ching voters. As current B&F winner you would expect at least one vote after 4 games but he is at zero/zip. We love his consistency but the penny may have well and truly dropped that his last kicks into the forward line are mostly of little value. I suppose a counter argument would be that if he didn't get as many disposals as he does, the ball would rarely get near the forward line in the first place.

The negativity on Hunter is astounding. He's playing fine. The stuff about his kicking is way over egged. And now they're onto his handballs.

Look guys. If you want to have a go. Pick out the proper targets. Schache has no form. Dickson is cooked. Gowers has no form. English is not still not up to it. Richards is out of form. Wood is struggling for some reason.

Hunter? He's going fine. In the best players every week. Except on the perverse favourites fan club site, Bulldogs Big Footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back