Autopsy Dogs smash Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Possibly more a reflection of a hard year in a struggling team but I didn’t see anything in our home grown Fisher McAsey to sell the farm for- in fact the one time I noticed him he look decidedly slow as he ran across wing to HFF

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yeah thought the same. During the first quarter he got it in some space near the middle and looked like he was running in treacle.

Im not convinced Englishs best spot is in the ruck. Sounds like Bevo is far from convinced too.

Bevo tried him as a forward- which was good until you consider Dunkley was taking the taps.

Hopefully we see Sweet soon an/or we get a number 1 ruck next year.
I’ve liked what I’ve seen of English when he’s played behind the ball a little. He’s a ruck though.

For those that argued Bailey Dale is clearly a better footballer than Billy Gowers

GOWERS

Disposals 11
Goals 1.18
Tackles 1.70
Assists 0.39
1%. 1.09

POTATO DALE

Disposals 13.1
Goals 1.03
Tackles 1.60
Assists 0.43
1%. 0.78

Statistically the same footballer but Gowers doesn’t commit 30mt backwards turnovers

Add Lloyd to them and you have a pretty sizeable potato salad

I’ve liked what I’ve seen of English when he’s played behind the ball a little. He’s a ruck though.

‘Problem is that centre clearances are a crucial part of the game. He doesn’t seem to be getting any better at helping us win clearances.

in our losses this season the common thread is that we get smashed out of the middle.

Possibly more a reflection of a hard year in a struggling team but I didn’t see anything in our home grown Fisher McAsey to sell the farm for- in fact the one time I noticed him he look decidedly slow as he ran across wing to HFF

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yeah, they were mostly playing him up forward, he's a defender. Keen to keep an eye on hiim for the next 18 months and see how he develops still.

Im not convinced Englishs best spot is in the ruck. Sounds like Bevo is far from convinced too.

Bevo tried him as a forward- which was good until you consider Dunkley was taking the taps.

Hopefully we see Sweet soon an/or we get a number 1 ruck next year.
I know he has the yips with his kicking but I really think English has what it takes when it comes to being a forward, more so then any other ruck except maybe Marshall

I’d like to see another ruck in next week. Don’t care who it is. But I think a forward line duo of English and Naughton is real good. If we were able to recruit another ruck that can also play forward, suddenly English can rest more FF. Dunkley will get murdered by Gawn/pruess next week. Plus I don’t want him or Bont getting battered in the ruck.

I’d like to see another ruck in next week. Don’t care who it is. But I think a forward line duo of English and Naughton is real good. If we were able to recruit another ruck that can also play forward, suddenly English can rest more FF. Dunkley will get murdered by Gawn/pruess next week. Plus I don’t want him or Bont getting battered in the ruck.

Maybe play Bruce as our primary ruck from now on and let English play forward?

One of the others was a risky kick across the arc of the 50 to Wood? who marked with difficulty, against better forwards someone would have intercepted & waltzed into a free goal
Any kick across the arc is risky but his kick was spot on and Wood marked it easily let’s not start crystal balling to hang the kid.....

For those that argued Bailey Dale is clearly a better footballer than Billy Gowers

GOWERS

Disposals 11
Goals 1.18
Tackles 1.70
Assists 0.39
1%. 1.09

POTATO DALE

Disposals 13.1
Goals 1.03
Tackles 1.60
Assists 0.43
1%. 0.78

Statistically the same footballer but Gowers doesn’t commit 30mt backwards turnovers

For those that think Bont is better that Bailey Dale

BONT:
Goals 0.64
Goal Assist 0.55
Marks 2.55
Free Against 1.36
Clangers 3.55

DALE
Goals 0.88
Goal Assist 0.63
Marks 2.50
Free Against 0.50
Clangers 1.88

Aaron Naughton and the Dogs dined out on Adelaide on Sunday, with Naughton kicking six goals. They have missed him because it’s become apparent recruit Josh Bruce couldn’t deal with the No.1 forward role. The Dogs signed Bruce to a four-year deal, believing he would be a capable second key forward beside Naughton. That means any suggestions Bruce’s career is over after what Naughton accomplished is off the mark. It would be a major recruiting blunder if it was. The Dogs went with Naughton, Sam Lloyd (one goal), Bailey Dale (one goal), Toby McLean (one goal), Ben Cavarra (two goals), Mitch Wallis (0.3). There’s one key forward in that group. Soon enough we should see Bruce back in the team beside Naughton, which was the plan back in trade week last October.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those that think Bont is better that Bailey Dale

BONT:
Goals 0.64
Goal Assist 0.55
Marks 2.55
Free Against 1.36
Clangers 3.55

DALE
Goals 0.88
Goal Assist 0.63
Marks 2.50
Free Against 0.50
Clangers 1.88

Because those that think comparing two complete different players is relevant on any level

Perhaps the stupidest post I’ve seen in a while, well done

If I'm the only ruckman in a team and I spend most of my time stuck in a forward pocket or sitting on the pine watching a 190cm midfielder doing the ruck work, I'd be wondering what the hell I'm in the team for.
Surely this must have a negative effect on a player's confidence. If Bev wants to use English as a part time forward rather than a ruckman, fair enough, but at least pick another ruck so English believes he has a genuine partner and is not being replaced by a 'fill-in'.

I loved getting back on the winning list. It improved my mood and the mood of the board no end.

Naughton and Hunter have been missed and both had terrific games. Bont was back to the form that caused many to dub him the best player in the comp. Bailey Smith was back to the outstanding form he showed in the first few games of the year. Cavarra has definitely earned himself some more senior games.

However I think we need some perspective. That is the worst Adelaide side I have seen. Never mind the fact that they have some good players like Crouch, Sloane, Laird, Talia etc. They are playing really badly as a unit and will be lucky to win a game at all. When was the last time that happened in a season? A: Fitzroy, 1964. Before that it was Hawthorn in 1950. That's how bad they are. They are simply noncompetitive so we shouldn't measure ourselves against them.

Worryingly Adelaide still exposed some real weaknesses in our system. We are good at flooding forward but highly susceptible to sides that can create a turnover and beat the offside trap. This happens when a side brings pressure, which for most of the day Adelaide failed to do. We can't expect that sort of cushy ride against any of our next three opponents. They will shred us.

If Cordy, JJ and Crozier are still out this week (as we expect they will be) there could be some ugly goals scored against us. Maybe we'd still win a shootout, especially if Naughton, Cavarra and Wallis fire. However I'd rather we tightened up our defence and had better ball security through the middle. Gardner as a KPD is scary against the better sides.

There were passages of play today where we just flicked the ball around by hand and by run like we were billionaires. Better sides won't let us get away with that sort of Harlem Globetrotter stuff. If Melbourne bring a high pressure game we'll be in trouble.

If I was Bevo I'd be spending most of the week telling them not to get ahead of themselves - that was just a training run against a second-division team. I'd be running drills with massive pressure on the ball carrier to get them used to the real world of AFL that they will return to next week.

What an incredible coaching performance by Bev. Given he picked a team even a lot of very astute dogs supporters thought wasn't good enough to win, to manage to coach a group of misfits to a 10 goal win, must surely go down as one of the great coaching displays of the modern era.

It was great to win today.

But that’s also what the other 11 teams said that have played the Crows this year.

So i wouldn’t get too carried away.

Either way, I hope we got some form out of it and can now make a big run at the finals.

Because those that think comparing two complete different players is relevant on any level

Perhaps the stupidest post I’ve seen in a while, well done

Perhaps you were off getting a beer when Dale grabbed the ball, did a blind turn and burst away down the wing?
Dale is no star but he's no Gowers and his best is still ahead of him.

We did what we needed to do yesterday and apart from Aaron Naughton kicking six on a two time AA defender, we probably cant take a lot out of that game. It's enjoyable to see them on the burst linking up etc. but they were witches hats yesterday and at times they moved it too easily as well. Maybe we were too attacking knowing that Adelaide are ordinary right now?

Perhaps you were off getting a beer when Dale grabbed the ball, did a blind turn and burst away down the wing?
Dale is no star but he's no Gowers and his best is still ahead of him.

You mean the one where he burnt the inside runner then kicked it straight to the opposition for a turnover?

Nah I didn’t miss that one

Or the 30 mt turnover kick Backwards under no pressure that resulted in a goal to the crows.

GOWERS

Disposals 11
Goals 1.18
Tackles 1.70
Assists 0.39
1%. 1.09

POTATO DALE

Disposals 13.1
Goals 1.03
Tackles 1.60
Assists 0.43
1%. 0.78

Gower's stats are padded out by his first season, it's all downhill from there. Not only has he not improved he's actually gone backwards. He's also a momentum killer giving away not just dumb, but stupid frees (he's given away 44 and received 17 total).

I'd have Dale in my side every week, one dumb turnover yesterday doesn't change that, at least he was trying to create something.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back