Review Dogs smash Eagles by 101 points

Remove this Banner Ad

English looked great but not going to read too much into this game...his opponents were nowhere near VFL standard. Let alone AFL.

Young Jamieson for the eagles had absolutely no idea what he was doing. I felt for him. He was very much drowning in the deep end.

Full stats breakdown…

Expected Score / Actual Score (Expected Accuracy / Actual Accuracy)
WB: 143 / 161 (49% / 58%)
WC: 49 / 60 (44% / 56%)

Expected Margin / Actual Margin: 94 / 101

Centre Bounce Attendance
29 - English, Liberatore
28 - Macrae
22 - Trelaor
20 - Bontempelli
12 - Dunkley
8 - Sweet

Ruck Contests (Hitouts / To Advantage)
61 - English (28 / 8)
26 - Sweet (16 / 3)
1 - Dunkley (0 / 0)

English attended 29 centre bounces with the team winning 15 clearances (52%), losing 11 (10%) and 3 going to a secondary stoppage (38%).

Sweet attended 8 centre bounces with the team winning 4 clearances (50%), losing 2 (25%) and 2 going to a secondary stoppage (25%)

English vs. Jamieson (40 contests)
Hitouts: 23 / 11
To Advantage: 7 / 4
Clearances: 19 / 13
Score: 7.2 (44) / 4.4 (28)

English vs. Williams (21 contests)
Hitouts: 5 / 9
To Advantage: 1 / 3
Clearances: 11 / 9
Score: 2.1 (13) / 0.0 (0)

Sweet vs. Jamieson (15 contests)
Hitouts: 11 / 0
To Advantage: 1 / 0
Clearances: 3 / 5
Score: 0.1 (1) / 0.0 (0)

Sweet vs. Williams (11 contests)
Hitouts: 5 / 3
To Advantage: 2 / 1
Clearances: 6 / 3
Score: 1.2 (8) / 0.1 (1)

Hitouts To Advantage
WB: 11
WC: 8

First Possessions
WB: 44

WC: 34

Clearances / Effective Clearances
WB: 41 / 34
WC: 30 / 21

Tackle Efficiency
WB: 71%
WC: 67%

Spoil Efficiency
WB: 78%
WC: 51%

Smothers
WB: 10

WC: 4

Forward Half Kicking Efficiency
WB: 64%
WC: 64%

Defensive Half Kicking Efficiency
WB: 88%
WC: 80%

Forward Half Contested Marks
WB: 8
WC: 4

Defensive Half Contested Marks
WB: 3
WC: 5

Score Launches
7 - English
5 - Macrae
3 - West
2 - Dale, Dunkley, Duryea, Liberatore, Scott, Sweet, Williams
1 - Bontempelli, Daniel, Gardner, Keath, McComb, O’Brien, Richards

Shots At Goal
WB: 43 (58%)
WC: 16 (56%)

Scoring Profile (Western Bulldogs / West Coast)
Set Shot: 13.8 / 7.0
Snap: 6.1 / 1.4
On Run: 6.0 / 0.0
Mark Play On: 0.0 / 0.0
Ground Kick: 0.0 / 1.0

0M-15M: 3.0 / 1.0
15M-30M: 6.2 / 2.2
31M-40M: 3.3 / 4.2
41M-50M: 9.4 / 1.0
51M+: 4.0 / 1.0

Scores Directly From FK/50MP: 4.1 / 1.0
Scores In Time-On: 10.5 / 3.1

Targets Inside 50

24 - No target
9 - Naughton
5 - Weightman
4 - Bontempelli, Khamis
3 - Dunkley
2 - Scott, Sweet, West
1 - McNeil, Treloar, Williams

Kick In / Kick In Play On
4 / 3 - Daniel
2 / 2 - Dale

Defensive 50 Marks
WB: 14
WC: 37

Defensive 50 Intercept Marks
WB: 2

WC: 9

Defensive 50 1-On-1 Contests Lose %
WB: 44% (9 contests)
WC: 0% (6 contests)

Defensive Half Turnovers
WB: 12
WC: 25

Forward Half Turnovers
WB: 42

WC: 33

Unforced Turnovers
WB: 10
WC: 7

Unforced Turnovers By Player
2 - Duryea, Richards, Treloar
1 - Keath, Macrae, Naughton, Weightman

Dropped Marks (Uncontested Only)
WB: 2

WC: 2

No Pressure Errors
WB: 6

WC: 5

Turnovers/Frees/50M Penalties Punished By Goals
1 - Macare, McNeil, O’Brien, Scott

Champion Data Ranking Points (Supercoach)
160 - English
143 - Dunkley
111 - Dale
109 - Treloar
104 - Daniel
104 - Williams
102 - Liberatore
102 - Macrae
100 - Duryea
96 - Bontempelli
82 - West
81 - Scott
77 - Naughton
73 - McNeil
67 - Keath
67 - O’Brien
63 - McComb
60 - Gardner
58 - Weightman
48 - Richards
33 - Sweet
26 - Khamis
DNP - Cleary

AFL Player Rating Points
29.6 - English
20.9 - Williams
17.9 - Dale
17.9 - Liberatore
15.8 - Keath
14.8 - Scott
14.6 - Daniel
13.5 - West
12.8 - Dunkley
12.8 - Treloar
12.6 - Bontempelli
11.3 - Richards
11.1 - McComb
11.1 - Weightman
10.6 - Macrae
9.3 - Duryea
7.7 - Gardner
7.2 - O’Brien
6.5 - Naughton
0.5 - Sweet
-4.5 - Khamis
DNP - Cleary

Time In Forward Half
Q1

WB: 67%
WC: 33%

Q2
WB: 55%
WC: 45%

Q3
WB: 68%
WC: 32%

Q4
WB: 53%
WC: 47%

Match
WB: 61%
WC: 39%

Pressure Gauge
Q1

WB: 187 (Average)
WC: 198 (Above Average)

Q2
WB: 180 (Average)
WC: 186 (Average)

Q3
WB: 183 (Average)
WC: 168 (Poor)

Q4
WB: 189 (Above Average)
WC: 163 (Poor)

Match
WB: 185 (Average)
WC: 179 (Below Average)

Free Kick Summary
FK.png

Score Sources
SS.png

Last edited:

That was just beautiful. Smashing those flogs in their home ground. But I really like were the lesser players in McNeil, Sweet, West (is getting better each game) and McCoom-ba man!!! Love this guy. Goes hard at the ball, improves each week and kicks goals. He created a couple of goals, his kicking is getting better. Henceforth, McComb will now be called the Macumba man. Magic that is there but not seen until it hits you. GRET WIN AND GOD DOGS!!!

Buku only played 64% game time again, I think Jamarra has to take his spot next week

As much as that could be expected, Schache in to make Stewart accountable seems more likely

That was fun.

Timmy - unreal. Loved Westy's game and Williams was a standout as well. Naughton was on fire. Dunkley, Treloar and Bont all very solid - it was a complete team effort.

The Eagles. It was genuine witches hat stuff tonight - something is very very broken there. However, I still have childhood flashbacks to the flogging they gave us in '91 when Sumich kicked 13 so bugger them.

Last edited:
Tim English has turned into a star ruck before our eyes. He looked incredible live at the ground and was so clean, glided around the ground contest to contest and was fantastic in the air and in the hitouts. He is right at the top of the list of best young Rucks in the league now and not many you would take in front of him.

Weightman's hands are ridiculous, a natural forward who times his jumps to perfection, chases as hard as anyone in the comp and always puts himself in a dangerous position.

So satisfying smashing these pricks by 100+ after all of the crap I have copped here over the years.

It's been a good while coming, but West looks to have secured his spot. And probably McNeil too.
Amazing what a bit of continuity does for a marginal player. They are getting better game by game.

Williams' change of position seems to have rescued his season. He was among our best again.

As much as that could be expected, Schache in to make Stewart accountable seems more likely
Will Schache make Stewart accountsble
Tho
Tim English has turned into a star ruck before our eyes. He looked incredible live at the ground and was so clean, glided around the ground contest to contest and was fantastic in the air and in the hitouts. He is right at the top of the list of best young Rucks in the league now and not many you would take in front of him.

Weightman's hands are ridiculous, a natural forward who times his jumps to perfection, chases as hard as anyone in the comp and always puts himself in a dangerous position.

So satisfying smashing these pricks by 100+ after all of the crap I have copped here over the years.
Weightman has incredible hands doesn’t he, pound for pound with Naughty he’d go close, they just stick every time

How funny was both of Keath's goals. A run up the middle involving a give and go, and then a push off turn follow up, and then a 100m penalty. Just pure comedy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will Schache make Stewart accountsble
Tho

Weightman has incredible hands doesn’t he, pound for pound with Naughty he’d go close, they just stick every time

Great leap also, sticks tackles and never ending fwd pressure. I remember being disappointed missing out on Kozzy Pickett just before we nabbed Cody, I'm obviously biased but I wouldn't swap the two now if I had the chance.

English has unbelievable skill and touch for a big bloke as well as vision and awareness that half the midfielders in the comp would give their right nut for.

Clearly today wasn't a real test given the opposition. Bit of a track gallop with a solid last 600 before race day next week. Good to have him back but not looking forward the vet bill.

It's been a good while coming, but West looks to have secured his spot. And probably McNeil too.
Amazing what a bit of continuity does for a marginal player. They are getting better game by game.

Williams' change of position seems to have rescued his season. He was among our best again.
Can't disagree with much of that although there are still a few to come back eventually/possibly (Hunter, JJ etc). Looking forward to the 'who do you leave out' selection headaches.

The Eagles play finals virtually every season and are usually contending for the premiership when they do.

I don’t have a problem with West Coast but I’m pretty sure their fans will cope.
All that sustained success caught up with them and they now need to regenerate. You just know with the resources available to them that they will for sure, they have to take lumps for now but they will contend again down the track

Great leap also, sticks tackles and never ending fwd pressure. I remember being disappointed missing out on Kozzy Pickett just before we nabbed Cody, I'm obviously biased but I wouldn't swap the two now if I had the chance.
Kozzie is a good player as well but isn't the aerial threat that Cody is , so tend to agree wouldn't swap them if we had our time again and could reverse the picks

Rhylee West was great

Remove this Banner Ad

Back