Autopsy Dogs smash the Bombers: 137 - 33

Remove this Banner Ad

Always see Lachie and Webb out in Prahran as I live right there. I knew he was close to Jakey before but there wasnt even that friendly banter with your ex team mate. They generally seemed to not like him at all

Yep. Jake was at the root of the culture issues the last few years. Good to see we’re moving on from all that toxic s**t.

Last night seemed like a very different vibe with Stringer and the other players. When we usually play him it’s more of a crowd thing, seemed to be a lot of anger on the ground.

I wonder if Jake might cope a week for cannoning into Dunkley as well. That added some extra spice. Was impressed with our collective commitment to gang tackle Jake every time after that poor act.

Having McLean and Dale find form at this time of the year is massive. And if Schache can make a cameo like he did tonight and bring the ball to ground really eases the pressure off Naughton. Who again was f*****g huge. He’s going to be an absolute star.

"Albeit being, agaits witches hats,"
"I wasn’t hire he possessed."

Is that shakespeare? Sure looks like it!

Aside from everything else last night, how good was the body language? Nobody seemed overly arrogant or overcelebrating, there seemed a steely resolve to keep going and finish the job. After the game the boys looked like they were already looking forward to next week. Dare I say it, they looked like we did towards the end of 2016.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Number 1 for me. Our midfield stats and numbers have absolutely smoked the rest of the comp for the last 6-8 weeks.
This midfield group is the best I’ve seen at the dogs in the 40 years I’ve been around. Pleasure to watch
Agree and good question.
Have we ever had a big 5 like the Lions had.
Bont ,Macrae,Dunkley,Hunter and Smith.
AND WEST IS COMING

The most impressive thing for me about last night was how well the team setup defensively, every time Essendon got the ball all the exits were covered and when you have everyone on board like that your in every game.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

That’s how we won it in 2016. Everyone defended and it rarely got out the back to expose our Defence. Bombers couldn’t breathe last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really talked about much, but I really liked the fact we went for Schache a lot more last night, granted, he dropped about 5 marks, but he had one of those almost games. I loved McLean roving at his feet too. We haven’t seen that in so long, a genuine crumber! Schache could’ve finished with 5 or 6. If we keep getting the ball in his hands more, he will help us kick bigger scores. All the focus goes to Naughton and that will suit Schache perfectly as he can kick more.

I also thought Bailey Dale is that medium 3rd tall forward we’ve been lacking with Fergus Greene out. He was selfish with a couple of kicks last night, but he is very important to our forward structure. He’s also kicked 13 goals in 4 weeks. All of a sudden, our forward line has looked so much brighter the last month. We have the talent now to score quickly, it would be nice going forward if our mids could kick a few more too. It was nice to see Macrae kick the last goal. He needs to take more shots!

Hearing an interview about him after the game by the player that escapes me, he mentioned he is the best runner in the side and all he needs is confidence to make it.
Yeah there's no denying Hayes is an elite runner. Right now, he's basically a less skilled Tom Scully. If he can fix some of his kicking (which was waaayyy better last night) and bring up his confidence, which last night surely did, then he could have a bright future at the club. Not a bad wing option long term, so long as his skills improve further

My month old son has only suffered one, respectable loss in his lifetime.

Feel bad for a few Bombers supporters I know but seriously most are condescending utensils and winning the flag while they got belted week in week out with half their list suspended was football nirvana. This was close.
A month old hey? And 10 months ago we drafted Bailey Smith. I refuse to believe this is coincidence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back