Autopsy Dogs smash the Bombers: 137 - 33

Remove this Banner Ad

The most impressive thing for me about last night was how well the team setup defensively, every time Essendon got the ball all the exits were covered and when you have everyone on board like that your in every game.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
There were only a handful of times that the Dones (sic) could string more than two clear possessions in a row just by the relentless pressure from our team. This loss may have also undone Woosha.

My highlights were Smith, Lipinski, Crozier and Hayes.
I have not been a huge fan of Lipinski but each week he is improving and was pivotal in the Dons drought and I love how Beveridge plays the long game with players and nurtures them. Smith is so young however does not care how much pedigree or games played his opponent has. The most exciting player at the moment. Crozier is loving his footy and a real find and Hayes - just wow, what a game!!!

The most impressive thing for me about last night was how well the team setup defensively, every time Essendon got the ball all the exits were covered and when you have everyone on board like that your in every game.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Was thinking that this. Don’t think they got us out the back once ?

Hayes disposal was significantly better than previous games. He played well.

He was the surprise packet , never have been a great fan , but couldnt fault him last night .
Hope he can do the same when the going gets a bit tougher , that game might just give him the confidence he belongs.
Well done Will , stick it up us !

Wow that was the best Dog domination since we were up by 90 points against the Hawks by half time a few years back. Very enjoyable against the druggies. Looking forward to Bomber fans telling us all again how they 'win ' trade week every year. Just a big ordinary heartless club making up the numbers who hasn't won a final for about twice as long as GC has been in the comp. That's right the Bombers have been s**t for nearly twice as long as Gold Coast and that's despite winning trade week every year for the last 20 years. Lol.

No negatives for the boys this week. They were all great. How could you? My biggest problem is what text to send to my Bomber supporting brother, I'm thinking insincere sympathy.

A shout out to Schache and Dale who are attacking the ball better. Hope they can keep it up as their silk is needed.

Last edited:
That was a lot of our supporters cheering their second goal :p

loved that - the ultimate slap in the face when the opposition cheer squad celebrates your goal.

Just saw the vision of Dermie hugging Johnno after the win. Awesome.
That was funny, Dermie was being all sympathetic about the scoreline then suddenly dropped the pretence and leapt on Johnno, saying Thank you! Thank you!

One could get the impression he doesn't like Essendope... 😏

Sunday morning , literally snowing in Riddells Creek ,
Hot strong coffee reading the Chemist Warehouse board , life couldn’t be better for me today 👌
Heaps of snow in New Gisborne as well King

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone please give me the last 5 margins we’ve beaten the Bombers? Pretty sure it’s 87, 40, (30 or 31), 21, 104. If those are the margins, we’ve beaten them the last 5 times consecutively at an average of 56.4 points 😁 happy times

5-0 against Essendon under Bevo
Combined Score: 588 vs 211 @ 278.6%

He was the surprise packet , never have been a great fan , but couldnt fault him last night .
Hope he can do the same when the going gets a bit tougher , that game might just give him the confidence he belongs.
Well done Will , stick it up us !

Yeah he went better than I expected him too.

His work rate always impressive.

Not sure he did much more than West would have done but on that game he stays on the team

That was funny, Dermie was being all sympathetic about the scoreline then suddenly dropped the pretence and leapt on Johnno, saying Thank you! Thank you!

One could get the impression he doesn't like Essendope... 😏

Line in the sand game

Not sold on GWS after their poor game against Hawthorn, if we bring our A game we should be able to beat them. Leaving us with 2 very winnable games and on 12 wins for the season. Who would have thought that? At one stage we were considered a bottom 4 team.

It’s the bottom 4 we can’t beat. That was the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Luckily we don’t have to play any of them from here :)

Number 1 for me. Our midfield stats and numbers have absolutely smoked the rest of the comp for the last 6-8 weeks.
This midfield group is the best I’ve seen at the dogs in the 40 years I’ve been around. Pleasure to watch
We have a great midfield and the scary thing is they are still 2-3 years off their peak. When they peak and English is the dominant ruckman in the comp we will move from great to insane. We will absolutely smoke some teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back