Autopsy Dogs smash the Bombers: 137 - 33

Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Not sold on GWS after their poor game against Hawthorn, if we bring our A game we should be able to beat them. Leaving us with 2 very winnable games and on 12 wins for the season. Who would have thought that? At one stage we were considered a bottom 4 team.

And still are by some, including on this very board.

AjsGuns

Club Legend
Nov 16, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chelsea.

Fair! Forgot about Tommy. To excited having 3 top 15 midfielders in the competition. With a young Bailey Smith looking like he could be anything.

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
We have a great midfield and the scary thing is they are still 2-3 years off their peak. When they peak and English is the dominant ruckman in the comp we will move from great to insane. We will absolutely smoke some teams.
And they can kick it to our teenage fullforward who is already the #1 contested mark in the league and we've got 1.5 mill+ in the salary cap to fill in the gaps

Come to think of it, we're in pretty good shape.

Aug 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yeah there's no denying Hayes is an elite runner. Right now, he's basically a less skilled Tom Scully. If he can fix some of his kicking (which was waaayyy better last night) and bring up his confidence, which last night surely did, then he could have a bright future at the club. Not a bad wing option long term, so long as his skills improve further
He’s solid depth at least and with Picko, Boyd and Moz (likely) out the door and Dicko and Suckers nearing the end we should keep him around.

So good to put our foot on someone’s throat. A big step in our young teams development and something we have been lacking imho.

Finally Stringer was of some use to us. Helped galvanise the group with his hit on Dunkley. He is perfect for the injectors.

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The backline was a really strong and cohesive unit last night. I have to say that I think we're much more versatile and unpredictable without Caleb down there.
That's true but it really wasn't much of a test. Any half decent defence would've easily dealt with what Essendon threw up last night

hutchy31

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Not winning a premiership with their soft midfield group

I reckon I’ve posted something similar about ten times in various threads over the past few years. Wtf is Dodoro playing at? They are crying out for inside mids and consistently trade for “cream” players.

There is no chance that list wins multiple games in September.

Aug 14, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I reckon I’ve posted something similar about ten times in various threads over the past few years. Wtf is Dodoro playing at? They are crying out for inside mids and consistently trade for “cream” players.

There is no chance that list wins multiple games in September.
How he has kept his job after overseeing 15 years of underperformance is one of the most baffling riddles in footy.

Every other club except Gold Coast has won a final in that time. It’s an extraordinarily mediocre performance from a very wealthy and previously successful club.

We would burn down the Whitten Oval if we had that record and we’re generally quite forgiving.

hutchy31

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Liking every better-without-Caleb post, can't find him a spot in 22, haven't had a good win with him in the side this season. hope more people realise it.

36 touches and six tackles in the Richmond win.

I don’t like him defending in the goal square, or taking kick outs. But he’s a tidy player and is in our best 22 imo.

bobs head soup

Peanuts Peanuts
Sep 14, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
36 touches and six tackles in the Richmond win.

I don’t like him defending in the goal square, or taking kick outs. But he’s a tidy player and is in our best 22 imo.
I agree. Turnovers/Intercepts are so important in the modern game and it just can't be ignored that Caleb is a brilliant reader of the play who easily leads our intercept count (115 this year).

I would like to see him more as a defensive wingman playing between the arcs than as a player who goes into deep defence, but his abilities are mighty valuable.

Great win but a very hollow feeling for me sorry to say

Gold Coast
Carlton first time
Freo first time
Norf
Collingwood second time
Aints

Feels very too little too late

But...defeated Richmond, Geelong, Brisbane, Essendon and should have beaten Bris again. Signs of a young side, that display yesterday was of a committed, hungry team. The signs were there when we beat Port. Strap yourself in, it's gonna be a massive few years

Back