Dogs to list gaelic player!

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks Mo and welcome!!!!
And as Maxwell Smart would say.... "missed it by that much". Curly and New Blood JUST beat you to it LOL.

Got 6 doggies on here now..... but where's Larry??
confused.gif
smile.gif
confused.gif

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/20001018/A59635-2000Oct18.html

Basically the article says that the doggies and melbourne bought into a talent identification program in Ireland. We are now going to list an 190cm player as an international rookie (and how does that process work with salary cap etc). What does everyone think?

Another innovative avenue for the doggies, but should we be investing valueable resources into "risky" programs when our participation in the comp isn't even assured?

Geeze, i feel like a talk back host..... SHAME SHAME SHAME- LOL
smile.gif

Drafting any player is risky.
Getting athletic players who have a genuine passion for the game can only improve the chance for success.
Bringing the two codes closer together will also have a positive impact on tapping into another player talent pool.
Remember, the majority of players drafted come from the four southern states, with just a few from southern NSW.
It is worth a try, but there is no guarantee.

Make that 7 doggies Westy Boy!!!
Thanks for letting us know about this cool
cool.gif
site!
From teddy3

Hey West boy that is now 8 im now doggiesrule1020 you will know who this is soon by my post in the favourite players cool site i knew bout this ages ago though lol.Wellsee ya round.

Well i'm not too sure exactly shinners, but he's a good size (190) and (but) VERY athletic (i.e. painfully thin
smile.gif
). From reports, excellent stamina and how Wallace's tactics exploit someone who can run all day will be very interesting. Midfield could be great for him, and as we don't have many (any??) athletic tall running players (which I think is the reason for getting harrison- dependant on how Wallace uses him). But one thing is for sure (well IMHO), that Bernie wont be playing seniors for at least a year. But it will be very interesting to see him playing for Werribee (poor bugger- comes to Aust. and gets shipped to Werribee
biggrin.gif
).

But like u said on the main board, there is a far greater chance to get a quality player from the talent pool here, especially since testing etc. is so developed. I really think Stynes was one in a million, and whether Bernie's heart is really in it is another story.

Young, under-developed tall blokes are a dime a dozen in the national draft, but if he beefs up a bit... who knows..... Bernie C.......arey??
biggrin.gif
Kidding.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back