Game Day Dogs v Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the rain have an impact? Will Bevo’s bingo luck run out? Will I freeze to death? Will my Pieman team prove chumps are for chumps?

So many questions.

FYI - For those catching the train the trip make take a bit longer as the train is only going as far as Bacchus Marsh. Buses will take you to Ballarat.

Good interview with Baz on AFL website this morning.

Keen to see if he can continue to build a bit of form as an inside mid. Last week was great.

Excited to watch Arty continue to develop.
Really great interview, he’s come so far - it’s funny everyone’s always calling him an arrogant, egotistical w***er, half the supporter group has already written him off as walking to big a club since the day he walked in the door (literally because he’s good looking? 😂) yet every time he actually speaks he’s humble, grounded, mature & more than anything just repeatedly brings every question back to the love of his teammates. He’s never done anything to suggest he wants to leave, he’s genuinely a bulldog and has been since the day he was drafted and seems super loyal.

I really wish our supporter base would show the kid more respect to be honest

Will the rain have an impact? Will Bevo’s bingo luck run out? Will I freeze to death? Will my Pieman team prove chumps are for chumps?

So many questions.

FYI - For those catching the train the trip make take a bit longer as the train is only going as far as Bacchus Marsh. Buses will take you to Ballarat.

I'm about half an hour or so drive west of Ballarat. Has been raining here for hours, and the temp is, well.... cold! (If it's any consolation, Adelaide copping the same weather atm - I'd rather be in Ballarat!).

We're heading off to the game. Rain should mostly clear by the opening bounce, and second half looks like it might be rain-free. Of course, by then, there will be 46 pampered young men slipping and sliding, struggling to handle the ball and the wind, and the cold. I suspect some of them will probably wear long sleeves.

images (56).jpeg

Really great interview, he’s come so far - it’s funny everyone’s always calling him an arrogant, egotistical w***er, half the supporter group has already written him off as walking to big a club since the day he walked in the door (literally because he’s good looking? 😂) yet every time he actually speaks he’s humble, grounded, mature & more than anything just repeatedly brings every question back to the love of his teammates. He’s never done anything to suggest he wants to leave, he’s genuinely a bulldog and has been since the day he was drafted and seems super loyal.

I really wish our supporter base would show the kid more respect to be honest

"half the supporter group"???

Or just a few randoms on BF? :)

Looking forward to seeing how TOB goes today. The little we've seen of him so far in 2023 is impressive. I think he is underrated.

Slight south westerly blowing atm, based on BOM radar and what I can see out the back of my property looking skywards, might even have a rain-free lead in and opening bounce now.

Currently wearing shorts too. But in the interests of public decency, I will don some full length pantaloons to attend the game.
Might break out the deer stalker and pipe though - I'm feeling a bit whimsical this morning.

5km from the ground. Sun is out. Cold and relatively low wind. Had plenty of drizzling showers so a bit of water around.

Suggested clothing. Skins under jeans. Gloves and beanies. Waterproof jacket and thick socks. Waterproof shoes too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

5km from the ground. Sun is out. Cold and relatively low wind. Had plenty of drizzling showers so a bit of water around.

Suggested clothing. Skins under jeans. Gloves and beanies. Waterproof jacket and thick socks. Waterproof shoes too.

Are you sure you're heading to Ballarat?!
I've been in and out this morning in shorts and a hoodie. And I'm no spring chicken!

Came up to Ballarat yesterday to make a weekend of it. It will be cold but not too windy and little to no rain so should be goodish conditions. Our team balance selected is fine all about switching on now.

Still not sure why they fixture these games here so deep into May and the next one in July.

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Are you sure you're heading to Ballarat?!
I've been in and out this morning in shorts and a hoodie. And I'm no spring chicken!
Sorry Geoff. To clarify, I live 5km from the ground. Been for a run in shorts and tshirt this morning and I fully intend to rug up this arvo. That stadium is a cold soulless North Ballarat Rooster infested hell hole.

Sorry Geoff. To clarify, I live 5km from the ground. Been for a run in shorts and tshirt this morning and I fully intend to rug up this arvo. That stadium is a cold soulless North Ballarat Rooster infested hell hole.

Yeah, good point. Parts of the stands seem to be colder than being out in the open!

We did just get a spot of rain at our place - so I don't think I'll be applying for a job as a weather forecaster soon. But I'm in Golden Plains, and while a tad wet, I wouldn't describe it as cold - in the context of July/August anyway!

She’s certainly raining now hopefully gone by game time
Weather at our place will move across Ballarat. Ten minutes ago we got a decent shower - now we've got a fair chunk of blue sky.

Still hope they've got the right stops in, and some rosin on their hands!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back