Dogs v Roos - etihad - Rd 20, 2016

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
Lol the players you lost aren't even that great...
Lose Stringer and Bont them we can talk
But Wallis, Mcrae aren't they just average players?

Hardly a VFL side sorry no fairytale story for you.

Sometimes people should know when to quit, rather than continuing on until they've shown everyone they know nothing about football.

Macrae is a ******* beast - he's one of my favourite players in the competition, and behind Stringer and Bont might just be the next Bulldog that other coaches would pick for their own team. Wins a hard ball, and to see him in person is to see that he's one of the smartest and most unselfish players in the comp. I've been to probably 8 dogs games this season, and I couldn't even count the number of times I've watched him see what's unfolding at a stoppage before the ball-up/throw-in and sacrifice his own game to pick up the key man from the opposition.

Ozil

Club Legend
Dec 10, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arsenal
Lol the players you lost aren't even that great...
Lose Stringer and Bont them we can talk
But Wallis, Mcrae aren't they just average players?

Hardly a VFL side sorry no fairytale story for you.
Sure. Both start at the centre bounce every week in a fully fit top six team, but they're just bog ordinary.

Macrae is arguably the best defensive runner in the league and gets 30 touches a week as an inside/outside mid. Criminally underrated because in his (incredible) second season his disposal had no hurt factor.

Throw in Suckling, Murphy, McLean, Liberatore and Adams, and it wasn't looking rosy for us.

As for the "Bevo footy" jibe, don't be such a sore loser. Beveridge has proven to be an adaptable, tactically astute coach who moulds his style around the players available.

Sure. Both start at the centre bounce every week in a fully fit top six team, but they're just bog ordinary.

Macrae is arguably the best defensive runner in the league and gets 30 touches a week as an inside/outside mid. Criminally underrated because in his (incredible) second season his disposal had no hurt factor.

Throw in Suckling, Murphy, McLean, Liberatore and Adams, and it wasn't looking rosy for us.

As for the "Bevo footy" jibe, don't be such a sore loser. Beveridge has proven to be an adaptable, tactically astute coach who moulds his style around the players available.

Unlike Mr Rigid. Brad Scott.

TheKanga

Brownlow Medallist
May 31, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Melbourne City
Sometimes people should know when to quit, rather than continuing on until they've shown everyone they know nothing about football.

Macrae is a ******* beast - he's one of my favourite players in the competition, and behind Stringer and Bont might just be the next Bulldog that other coaches would pick for their own team. Wins a hard ball, and to see him in person is to see that he's one of the smartest and most unselfish players in the comp. I've been to probably 8 dogs games this season, and I couldn't even count the number of times I've watched him see what's unfolding at a stoppage before the ball-up/throw-in and sacrifice his own game to pick up the key man from the opposition.

I don't watch the Dogs generally, one of my least favorite teams in the league.
Actually i can't stand them.

PerthBoy86

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
I was at the game tonight. I think only the third I've seen live this year. One punter in the aisle next to me exclaimed, 'we're paying money to watch this??' sometime in the third, a sentiment I'm sure many in the crowd would agree with. The cheering/commentary from those sitting next to me was more entertaining than the match.

North are clearly two slow and just not good at anything...given the Dogs had more hope in the finals I was behind them. They had the run, yet couldn't connect, or set up structure, lack of awareness...also not the most accurate. But they clearly overran a slow Roos outfit.

Super Hans

marcus proudson
10k Posts Pokemon is Life SuperCoach Club Board Championship League Member
Apr 27, 2009
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
TrailBlazers, Juventus, Raiders

It makes me so happy to see an oppo supporter see what I do every week with Macrae. He's a star. His defensive running is second to none IMO.

Moti

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It makes me so happy to see an oppo supporter see what I do every week with Macrae. He's a star. His defensive running is second to none IMO.

My dad is a dogs supporter and goes to every game. Loves his endeavor but thinks every 2nd possession is poorly executed. Looks ok to me when I have seen the Dogs even is he does butcher it a bit.

Super Hans

marcus proudson
10k Posts Pokemon is Life SuperCoach Club Board Championship League Member
Apr 27, 2009
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
TrailBlazers, Juventus, Raiders
My dad is a dogs supporter and goes to every game. Loves his endeavor but thinks every 2nd possession is poorly executed. Looks ok to me when I have seen the Dogs even is he does butcher it a bit.
I wouldn't say every second possession, but he does stuff up a couple every game. Usually really loopy ones, I'd say him running around like a mad man has a big effect on it. Can't be easy to execute kicks with the amount of gut running he does.

Pugz89

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Our hardest defensive runner and is generally one of the first to provide an option (purely through workrate) after we switch to the other wing.

Experience and amount of injuries means nothing. It is the effect on the side. If say Cunnington and Swallow went down, no big deal, but if Wells goes down, crap. Why, because we have crappy depth in that position.

Thats why losing the likes of Wallis and Liber didn't hit you as hard, you replaced them with guys that could at least give you a reasonable return in their stead. I would say us losing Higgins is bigger than you losing both those guys combined.

We also missed MacRae an outside mid. Adams a key defender. Redpath a key forward. Campbell a ruckman. Murphy and Sucking both half back flankers. It wasn't just missing two inside mids.

We have a list that goes deep and more players that can come in and make an impact. North seem to drop away much more rapidly.

Moti

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We also missed MacRae an outside mid. Adams a key defender. Redpath a key forward. Campbell a ruckman. Murphy and Sucking both half back flankers. It wasn't just missing two inside mids.

We have a list that goes deep and more players that can come in and make an impact. North seem to drop away much more rapidly.

We missed a bunch more too. But that is what I said, Dogs do have a better list to cover the injuries. Its a credit to the list management team. 2015 is the first time we have drafted pacy skilled mids since 2009!

edit: sorry, said that in a different post, but it is definitely true.

Experience and amount of injuries means nothing. It is the effect on the side. If say Cunnington and Swallow went down, no big deal, but if Wells goes down, crap. Why, because we have crappy depth in that position.

Thats why losing the likes of Wallis and Liber didn't hit you as hard, you replaced them with guys that could at least give you a reasonable return in their stead. I would say us losing Higgins is bigger than you losing both those guys combined.

Wow.

Just wow.

Back