Dogs v swans changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Would love to see Buss debut however it’s more likely they’d bring in Bruce if we feel as though we need the three talls Vs Sydney.

From bevo’s presser it sounds as though Darcy may need more time before being considered.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

In
Darcy
Buku
Bruce

outs
Lobb
Gardner
JOD
on notice Bailey Smith

Surely Bailey Smith must be close to an out.

Would love to see Buss debut however it’s more likely they’d bring in Bruce if we feel as though we need the three talls Vs Sydney.

From bevo’s presser it sounds as though Darcy may need more time before being considered.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Buss can always replace O’Donnell

The thought of bringing Bruce back in gives me chills. I’d rather push Williams back to play as a tall.
I thought Bruce was ok (not brilliant but ok) in all his games in defence this year except that shocker (mainly the first quarter) in his first game back after a lengthy spell due to busted ribs.

I reckon he has been unduly shitcanned and is worth another look. I mean the alternatives aren’t overwhelming.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Gardner, Lobb, Mcniel
In: JJ, Darcy, Cleary
  • Need to give smith time in the guts to snap out of his funk.
  • Bont split time up mid/fwd to allow more speed on the ball.
  • No tags but libba needs to track Gulden, only one capable of defensive checking without impeding his own game.
  • Daniel, West, Bont and Macrea to take turns pushing into the middle allowing smith to shift from stoppages and onto the outside.
  • English to take centre bounces and defensive half Ruck work before pushing to float across defence.
  • Khamis the super sub to cover all three lines.

FB. Duryea Keath Williams
HB. Richards O'Donnell JJ
C. Poulter B.Smith Dale
HF. Bont Naughton Daniel
FF. Darcy Marra Weightman
R. English Libba Treloar
INT. Macrea VDM Cleary West
SUB. Khamis

Really can’t see Smith getting dropped. Even if he’s playing at 75% he is still better than the next best option. I was at the game and didn’t notice he was particularly awful. Treloar was worse. Everything he touched turned to turd.

Darcy should be in for Lobb no doubt just not sure it happens yet.
Buss has been impressive last two weeks especially with his ball use. I’m still concerned with him 1 on 1 and his leg speed, getting better every week though but Bruce most likely if Gardner not fit.
JOD stays, Scott/McNeill also most likely stay.
In all honesty can’t say many changes this week.
Knock the swans off and stay healthy we could go on a good run of wins.

Really can’t see Smith getting dropped. Even if he’s playing at 75% he is still better than the next best option. I was at the game and didn’t notice he was particularly awful. Treloar was worse. Everything he touched turned to turd.

At least Treloar touched it. I think Smith had 4 touches to half time.

Got a feeling Busslinger will debut this week if Gardner doesn't come up.
Bailey Smith shouldn't be dropped on one bad game.

Outs: Gardner (if injured), McNeil
Ins: Garcia, Busslinger

Lobb would want to have some influence this week with the way that Darcy is going.

I want to see Cleary and Buku. Even Darcy if he won't get outgunned muscle wise.

But Bevo will bring in Bruce. He won't drop Lobb. Doesn't like Cleary.

Cleary is a lightly built flanker, not a key defender. If he comes in, it’s duryea or Vandermeer out.He is not a logical replacement for Gardner - at all

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Out : Gardener ( if he doesn't come good) McNeil
In : Bruce (like for like replacement AJ leap of faith to bring forward pressure

Seems Darcy’s had two very good games in the VFL, but I wonder if he’s fit enough to step up to AFL on the back of a long inactive stint? Might be a bit much to ask of the kid.
He won’t play this week.

Cleary is a lightly built flanker, not a key defender. If he comes in, it’s duryea or Vandermeer out.He is not a logical replacement for Gardner - at all

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Of Course. I think Duryea has been declining. Why not start to get prepared when hes gone. He has the VFL form for promotion to get a game for awhile now. Do you disagree?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back