Dogs v swans changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Where is Darcy going to play? Lobb was a winger so not really a like for like. 3 tall forwards has been too many based on what’s happened so far this season. I hope we don’t end up in a situation where Darcy is on the bench all night because we’re too tall.

Where is Darcy going to play? Lobb was a winger so not really a like for like. 3 tall forwards has been too many based on what’s happened so far this season. I hope we don’t end up in a situation where Darcy is on the bench all night because we’re too tall.
Lobb has rarely played wing, we play 3 tall forwards at the beginning of every single quarter.

JUH, Naughton & English play about 85% game time each so obviously Darcy will be on the ground when those are guys are resting and we’ll play 3 tall forwards for 30-35% of the game as well.

All three are still pretty mobile for their size and especially Naughton puts on some pretty good pressure when the ball hits the ground. Between Marra's, Naughtons and Darcy's bench rotations, plus add in the time that Darcy will spend in the ruck, there won't actually be huge periods of the game all 3 of them are together on field in the forward line.

Decent changes, good to see garcia sub. Be interesting to see if we send Darcy down back or keep him forward,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney's playing without Warner or Sheldrick, hopefully our midfield can run over the top of theirs. Neither team has a very strong tall defender squad, and either Buddy will perform or Amartey and McDonald will.

Sydney's playing without Warner or Sheldrick, hopefully our midfield can run over the top of theirs. Neither team has a very strong tall defender squad, and either Buddy will perform or Amartey and McDonald will.

Swans still have Rampe (who can play tall), McCartin who is a good player, and Blakey who is in career best form.

At the other end they have Franklin, Logan McDonald, and Amartey who are all big units.

Fair to say we'll have our hands full, especially considering McDonald and Amartey who are both legit Majak Daw award material...😉

Sydney going in with McLean and Amartey as rucks, English needs to dominate. Good week for Darcy with just those two to contend with.

Darcy seems pretty smart with how he positions himself from what I've seen, will be needed on the smaller SCG. Plus he should draw a lot of attention when we play him deep, against their undersized defence.

Garcia to be sub if that turns out to be the case

Darcy will probably only have 50-60% time on ground I reckon
I can see him spending a fair period forward.

Swans only have McCartin as a genuine kpd and Rampe, Melican and co as tall/medium backs. Darcy along with JUH and Naughts should stretch them horribly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back