Dogs v swans changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Hard to argue against the change. Darcy has been putting up good numbers at VFL and is a justified inclusion.

Super disappointing year so far for Lobb. Not the first guy to come to a new club and struggle first season and hopefully he can turn it around at some stage. 39 marks in 15 games is poor. 10 contested marks in 15 games is so bad from a guy who is regularly top 10 in the league for that stat.

Hard to argue against the change. Darcy has been putting up good numbers at VFL and is a justified inclusion.

Super disappointing year so far for Lobb. Not the first guy to come to a new club and struggle first season and hopefully he can turn it around at some stage. 39 marks in 15 games is poor. 10 contested marks in 15 games is so bad from a guy who is regularly top 10 in the league for that stat.
At the start of the year I was hoping Lobb would occupy the opposition #1 or #2 KPD, allowing Naughton to not be double-teamed and allowing Jamarra to get off the chain playing on the #3 tall.

While we’re not being regularly dominated by intercept defenders like in previous years, what’s stood out in the last month is Lobb is often now getting the #3 defender, isn’t able to use his extra 20cm on blokes like Bergman to give us any advantage in the air, and the opposition rebound through his undersized opponent. Hoping Darcy can at least make Rampe or Blakey accountable.

Darcy for Lobb strengthens the team.

Really only want to see Cleary and Buss get some games to reward good form for young players particularly down the back end of the ground.

Up in Sydney for the game should be a good one

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not true, I post what is warranted good or bad. Right now this coach is pissing away a great list that should be competing for flags not a spot in the 8 every year. He has massively underperformed and everyone knows it
I don't know it and I am part of everyone...am I not?

I don't know it and I am part of everyone...am I not?
It's not hard though, never once making top four with this list is a mad underperformance.

I'd love to see Cleary get a game sometime, his VFL form sounds so bloody promising. But will be great to see how Darcy goes - can he hold down second ruck sufficiently?

It's not hard though, never once making top four with this list is a mad underperformance.

I'd love to see Cleary get a game sometime, his VFL form sounds so bloody promising. But will be great to see how Darcy goes - can he hold down second ruck sufficiently?
I just don't think he has underperformed as a coach and the quality of the list has waxed and waned a bit with injury etc. A top 4 finish might be part of the assessment in getting to that conclusion (if you do) but it's not the be all and end all.

Anyway, it's done to death and a less interesting discussion (for me) than your second point.

I haven't really watched Cleary outside of his senior game last year but he does seem to be putting in a consistent season with Footscray. I do remember a few sizzling kicks and good attacking decisions in his senior game - some questioned a couple of his defensive efforts at the time which must have been pretty much on the money as it's transpired. Hopefully he has improved that part of his game. I'd really like to see him again at the higher level.

Darcy will be an interesting watch. Don't think anyone disputes that his raw talent far exceeds that of Lobb. I imagine he will require some management if they see him playing an important role in getting to September and then becoming a threat once there. Perhaps he doesn't play every game at this level through to Rnd 24. You get the feeling that the names Ugle-Hagan, Naughton, Darcy and Weightman appearing on the Dogs team sheet in the fwd line every week is going to be one of the more daunting prospects in footy soon enough.

No Hickey, Warner, McCartin x2, Lloyd and Sheldrick who has been decent.

We must win and if we don’t I’m putting a line through us this season.
The dropping of Hickey, even though he has been a little down this year, tells me that Horse has almost conceded the year and is playing youth

The dropping of Hickey, even though he has been a little down this year, tells me that Horse has almost conceded the year and is playing youth

Great for us, unless the youth come out hungry.

Tbh I would've dropped Hickey when he missed a goal from 10 metres out directly in front, then later on missed another from 20m out directly in front against Geelong. Let the players know this is unacceptable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darcy for Lobb strengthens the team.

Really only want to see Cleary and Buss get some games to reward good form for young players particularly down the back end of the ground.

Up in Sydney for the game should be a good one

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Im happy with Darcy for Lobb, Lobb has been pretty bad.

I dont think he has been used to maximise his strengths though, reeks of Trengove mark II (poor opposition/player analysis and recruitment, then confounded by playing him out of position)

I dont think he has been used to maximise his strengths though, reeks of Trengove mark II (poor opposition/player analysis and recruitment, then confounded by playing him out of position)
Keen to see how he goes in the twos. Will be interested in his role and overall attitude.

Don't think the premise was off behind his recruitment but it certainly hasn't been a resounding success. He doesn't get as involved as much as they thought he would

Remove this Banner Ad

Back