Dogs v swans changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Said it last year so on repeat mode.
Darcy is an absolute weapon.And you just play him.
So the club recruits Lobb who is not taking enough marks in forward line.
Yes a better ruck so if Tim is injuired next in line .In meantime PLAY DARCY.
Cleary is being unfairly treated by Beveredge in terms of selection
He as already surpassed Dureya but can't prove it unless he plays .
Baku is not going anywhere
And will seek a transfer at Seasons end.
He needs to get games in a position.
Raak could also make a debut although raw.
Not much you can do with midfielders at the moment. Just internally with West getting more minutes. Until Garcia is ready..Needs rejuvenation.
A lot don't like Kane Cornes but he says it how it is.And criticism keeps them honest.

Won't happen
Out Gardiner SOS inj Dureya rest Lobb rest McNeil sub
In Bruce, DARCY BAKU, CLEARY

Will happen
In Bruce
Out Gardiner

Last edited:
Bruce and/or Busslinger in for O’Donnell and Gardiner if Gardiner’s injured.

McNeill only out of that forward line that’s starting to build some decent chemistry, but not sure who’s banging down the door to replace him.

Lobb didn’t bring much to that game, but he just might turn into 2022 Lobb any game now- could be next week! One can hope and it’s a risk bringing in an underdone Darcy who may not have the AFL tank yet. Undecided on that move.

Seems Darcy’s had two very good games in the VFL, but I wonder if he’s fit enough to step up to AFL on the back of a long inactive stint? Might be a bit much to ask of the kid.
Bevo said as much, just 2 weeks back and short turnaround, Darcy probably doesnt play, he said Gardner very doubtful,
im tipping one change, Bruce for Gardner

Garcia in for McNeil (need some physical impact)
Sweet in for Lobb (need to support English with a genuinely hard-bodied tap ruckman)
Darcy in for O'Donnell (another Bev experiment correction)
Buss in for Gardner (if injured)

Tipping just Bruce for Gardner. Underwhelming but no real alternative.

I’m not sold that Darcy is fully AFL ready just yet. No rush, let him build

Not much you can do with midfielders at the moment. Just internally with West getting more minutes. Until Garcia is ready..Needs rejuvenation.
A lot don't like Kane Cornes but he says it how it is.And criticism keeps them honest.

Won't happen

Will happen
In Bruce
Out Gardiner
just watched Cornes, ripped Bevo again, puts the run of goals against phenomena down to poor coaching, hard to argue when it goes unaddressed and unfixed for 2 years

Out Lobb in Darcy
Out Gardner inj or Keath in Busslinger
Out McNeil in Khamis

Of Course. I think Duryea has been declining. Why not start to get prepared when hes gone. He has the VFL form for promotion to get a game for awhile now. Do you disagree?
I still think Duryea is a valuable player in the lineup. Having said that, Cleary has been very good for Footscray and deserves a chance.I dont think Cleary is a swap for Gardner though. The Swans have 2 to 3 Key forwards ( Franklin,McDonald,Amartey) - I cannot see Bruce not coming in unless Naughton goes back - and he won't if there is the choice to bring in a tall.

I reckon if Cleary comes in, Vandermeer will go out. If Gardner is out, Bruce is in. Scott out Cleary in is the other option, and move Vandermeer up the ground.

Assuming Gardner injured and JJ fit.

Gardner for Bruce - we need size and experience at fullback. Bruce has been OK for most games and has the application to work his way into games.

JOD for Buss or Raak. Time for a rest - has exceeded expectations but looks cooked. Will likely play on Amarty who will have them with size but isn’t super fast. Either deserve a run and this role needs to be developed.

McNeil just needs to find a role. I was hoping he could be the small forward we need - he has the speed but slows in games or fumbles. Scott should play forward - was getting good goals during the game early in the season and brings pressure up the ground as an extra mid.

JJ comes in for VDM. VDM is building well but JJ is an upgrade.

At some stage Darcy plays for Lobb - watching the two Stevie Wonder can see how good Darcy will be - if we want to make a run for the finals he needs to get games in. He would be a nightmare for opposition. Worried about injury but reckon we are a better team with him in. Not sure it is the week but has to happen - being wasted in VFL. Ruck will be an issue again but McLean not a star as second ruck so not likely to cause a big issue. What I want is a kick up the butt for Lobb who is just not asserting himself. Is not working hard enough - he either lifts (and this will be good) or Darcy gets game expensive.

Need to get Smith involved - I would give him a run with role. He actually looks a little off - even his physique looks less refined. Muscle tone is down? And running metres also look down? García could come in but should have a few games - played well in VFL but ran out of puff. Would like to see West play some mid minutes and get some tackling in the guts - big gap ATM.

Khamis for sub is a great call. Can over lots of positions and could be a microwave impact player also.

Of course - doubt Bevo will make that many changes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won't happen

Will happen
In Bruce
Out Gardiner

True. Unless, for some reason that escapes me, the government of Azerbaijan decide to uproot their entire capital, put it on road trains, and shift it away from the lucrative shores of the Caspian Sea, it is highly likely the city shall remain squarely put.

Buku, on the other hand, moves around a fair bit in our F50, getting to all the right places and is decidedly more agile than a coastal urban city of over 2 million people in the Caucasus. I reckon he could get a game any week now, as long as he gets his kicking boots on. We've had him a while now mate, at least try to learn his four-letter first name :heart:

Last edited:
If Gardiner doesn't get up (I hope he does, played excellent against Collingwood) I'd rather Busslinger over Bruce, I'd probably even prefer going with an under sized Cleary over Bruce.

Bruce was passable/good in the couple games just before his injury, but he was very bad in his return from injury and just as bad in the VFL, he was missing 15m kicks under no pressure.

Both Busslinger and Cleary might be beaten 1v1 but both are super clean by foot which I think is far more important, especially when we play a zone defence.

If Gardiner doesn't get up (I hope he does, played excellent against Collingwood) I'd rather Busslinger over Bruce, I'd probably even prefer going with an under sized Cleary over Bruce.

Bruce was passable/good in the couple games just before his injury, but he was very bad in his return from injury and just as bad in the VFL, he was missing 15m kicks under no pressure.

Both Busslinger and Cleary might be beaten 1v1 but both are super clean by foot which I think is far more important, especially when we play a zone defence.
Agreed, it would be a backwards move to go back to Bruce, play Buss take a hit defensively but will really help sure up our ball movement out of defence. We just can’t play Bruce & Keath, if it costs us a goal or two from talls who cares if it makes us some what more competent at exiting defence.

It just really couldn’t be much worse anyway so may we as well start bringing through the next gen. Amarty, McLean & Buddy don’t really need the biggest of defenders, especially on the s**t heap SCG

Show some balls and do it (should Gards not get up)

Bruce for Gardiner (if injured) is a must. Anyone smaller will be unable to cope physically with the Swans tall forwards. Busslinger is developing but not quite ready for a key position yet.
What tall forwards?

McDonald is the only semi decent one now

The Sydney thread for this game on their board is a pisstake whinging about 2016. Apparently they were the better side that day, they can cop their losses in 2022 and 2014 being the inferior side but not this one
They have the biggest Whinging fan base in world Sports

OMG this is so funny, the little Sydney supporter has a little video up, with his home grown biased commentary of the 2016 GF at the start of the Sydney v Bulldogs 2023 game Day thread. Apparently every tackle was in the back, our players are not supposed to go for the ball in case a Sydney player decides they might go for it after we have already entered the contest.

Obviously no comment on the umpiring just last week of their game against Richmond, which was disgusting.

Seriously you can’t make this shite up.
Excuse Me Wtf GIF by Kehlani

Remove this Banner Ad

Back