Game Day Dogs vs Demons: Top of the Tables Clash

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania
This match deserves a packed Marvel Stadium but we'll have to settle for what we're getting. It's probably going to feel more like a preseason/exhibition match now. In any case, it will be great to see how we measure up against the best team in the comp. If we can keep it close I'll be impressed given how well Melbourne are going and how we are missing a few. English is a good in but he will most likely need a few games to work his way back into the form he was in prior to the concussion. I'm not expecting a huge impact from him tonight. Look for Bont and Libba aka Batman and Robin to put on a show for us.

Highlander

Senior List
Nov 2, 2012
Victoria
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Cleveland Cavaliers
This match deserves a packed Marvel Stadium but we'll have to settle for what we're getting. It's probably going to feel more like a preseason/exhibition match now. In any case, it will be great to see how we measure up against the best team in the comp. If we can keep it close I'll be impressed given how well Melbourne are going and how we are missing a few. English is a good in but he will most likely need a few games to work his way back into the form he was in prior to the concussion. I'm not expecting a huge impact from him tonight. Look for Bont and Libba aka Batman and Robin to put on a show for us.
We are the best team in the competition.

Dec 18, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Arizona Cardinals
Thank god this is going ahead for those of us in Melbourne. Something to look forward to tonight 👍.

I normally get super anxious about these types of games. Tend to do laps of Etihad if I’m there as I can’t sit still out of nervousness. If I’m home the dog gets the shits with me as I commentate at the TV incessantly and part-yell at the umpires. The wife thinks I’m weird and the kids just roll their eyes or jump on me to shut me up! 45 years as a dogs supporter has impressed an innate fear of losing big clashes that 2016 didn’t completely wash away (it went close though!).

However. I’m very calm and really really excited about this one. I rate Melbourne very highly; I rate us even more. Win lose or draw I think this should be an awesome game! Can’t wait for the bounce!!!

Mojorisin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Can't see how we're favourites for this one with the crooked bookies however I also couldn't justify us being such drastic favourites last week and we all know how that ended up

Jan 1, 2015
Hoppers Crossing
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Thank god this is going ahead for those of us in Melbourne. Something to look forward to tonight .

I normally get super anxious about these types of games. Tend to do laps of Etihad if I’m there as I can’t sit still out of nervousness. If I’m home the dog gets the shits with me as I commentate at the TV incessantly and part-yell at the umpires. The wife thinks I’m weird and the kids just roll their eyes or jump on me to shut me up! 45 years as a dogs supporter has impressed an innate fear of losing big clashes that 2016 didn’t completely wash away (it went close though!).

However. I’m very calm and really really excited about this one. I rate Melbourne very highly; I rate us even more. Win lose or draw I think this should be an awesome game! Can’t wait for the bounce!!!

That is me to a T watching us on TV. I’m an entertaining calming influence live at Marvel but an embarrassment to my family watching it on TV. One down in expected midfield rotation with Treloar out concerns me as their midfield is similarly good to ours and still worry about Keath and Cordy vs THREE talls. Hopefully Bailey Williams can handle McDonald, Fritsch doesn’t get loose as he tends to against us and we maintain our pressure on their disposal. Obviously they have a lot to deal with our strengths. Hope Naughts, Bruce and English make themselves individually threatening so both May and Lever have to defend not intercept. And hopefully Goodwin is a disciple of Mick McGuane and our 15 free players can handle their 11 remaining players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm just worried some Demon forward will yell out "leave it for Bailey!" and Cordy will duck the spoil thinking Williams or Dale will waltz out with the ball.

Meanwhile Fritsch gets an uncontested possession and strolls into an open goal...

dergert

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 17, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Reckon Treloar being injured is one too many out for us.
Naught and Bruce will need to kick a big bag between them. Weightman is our only ground level threat in the 50 imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

scooter600x

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 14, 2003
Behind the goals, Geelong Rd end
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
That is me to a T watching us on TV. I’m an entertaining calming influence live at Marvel but an embarrassment to my family watching it on TV.
I'm exactly the same. Discuss everything calmly at the game and go feral at home, especially if I'm home alone.

Some years ago (pre-kids) I was watching a Friday night game v West Coast where the maggots raped us. My wife was working an afternoon shift. The next day our neighbour asked my wife if everything was OK, she had heard the screaming and thought my wife was a victim of domestic abuse!

dergert

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 17, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Lever is of most interest for me tonight. For the way he plays they can’t match him up on the Astro. So he has to go to Bruce.

If he peels off we have to hit up Bruce. One on one I also like Bruce’s chances.
I reckon he would have manned Hannan. Interesting match up though

Oct 12, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'm just worried some Demon forward will yell out "leave it for Bailey!" and Cordy will duck the spoil thinking Williams or Dale will waltz out with the ball.

Meanwhile Fritsch gets an uncontested possession and strolls into an open goal...

Could this be first game in history that 4 Baileys have played?

Boristown

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Lever is of most interest for me tonight. For the way he plays they can’t match him up on the Astro. So he has to go to Bruce.

If he peels off we have to hit up Bruce. One on one I also like Bruce’s chances.

Lever does his best to try to play on no one and just sag off into the dangerous space. Dogs need to put time in him and make sure he’s accountable.

I thought we would lose this game if English didn't play, but with him in the team, when he goes forward, the 3 headed monster is going to be hard for Melbourne to defend.

Lever and May defend as a pair, and that is not going to work against a 3 pronged forward line

What not to do basics:
  • constantly kick the ball high to our forwards - May and Lever love this scenario
  • leave Bailey Fritsch alone at any stage - the guy has a habit of being in the right place at the right time and when he has a shot he almost always drills it
  • not putting work into Oliver who is their best in-form player at present
What to do:
  • pressure is our talisman and it has to be a full four quarter effort, let's see how Melbourne goes when we put this maximum pressure on them

I'm exactly the same. Discuss everything calmly at the game and go feral at home, especially if I'm home alone.

Some years ago (pre-kids) I was watching a Friday night game v West Coast where the maggots raped us. My wife was working an afternoon shift. The next day our neighbour asked my wife if everything was OK, she had heard the screaming and thought my wife was a victim of domestic abuse!
She chooses her shifts wisely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back