Unofficial Preview Dogs vs GWS - Canberra Oval [28/4 @ 7:50PM]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Matthew Boyd,

He played in 19 games in 2015 for a 14-5 record.
He played in 24 games in 2016 for a 19-5 record.
He has played all five games this year (obviously a 4-1 record).
An overall record of 37 wins from 48 games.
An overall record of 37 wins from 54 games overall.

So like Mike__ mentioned, we have lost all six games that Boyd hasn't played since 2015.

The 2015 games were eventual premiers Hawthorn in Tassie, the Clay Smith ACL game against the Saints, West Coast in Perth and the Rd 23 away game against the Lions that we basically threw.

The 2016 games were GWS at Spotless with Collins playing his only game and Geelong at Kardinia Park when Libba & Macrae injured themselves.

So Bevo has never tasted a bulldog victory without Matty Boyd...
Yeah, and the last two games that Bailey Williams has played in were arguably our worst two performances in 2016, against Geelong and Fremantle.

The 2015 games were eventual premiers Hawthorn in Tassie, the Clay Smith ACL game against the Saints, West Coast in Perth and the Rd 23 away game against the Lions that we basically threw.

The 2016 games were GWS at Spotless with Collins playing his only game and Geelong at Kardinia Park when Libba & Macrae injured themselves.
Yeah. We probably would have won two or three of them with Boyd playing. Oh well.

Yeah. We probably would have won two or three of them with Boyd playing. Oh well.
I think half the point was that if we had played carlton in round 11 with him missing (for example) then we would have won.

But every game we played without him we either a. Didn't care or b. Was against a very good team

I bloody love this kid. He's already shown his game translates well to AFL, obviously doesn't get the same numbers as he does at VFL but that will change soon enough. Going to get tougher when teams start putting more work into him like it did for Macrae, although Macraes sidestep was a much more distinct sidestep to his left side every time, whereas I think Williams is just so naturally agile. Bobs still doing it at 35 so I don't see why Williams can't. Bob, Williams and JJ running off half back will be a sight to behold

I reckon Williams will end up a big boy as well. Listed at 187cm and 84kg at the moment. I can see him being a 189cm, 90kg type when it's all said and done.

What a ridiculous pick by dalrymple.

Can any draft watchers tell us if he was even remotely on the general draft radar pre-draft??

I reckon Williams will end up a big boy as well. Listed at 187cm and 84kg at the moment. I can see him being a 189cm, 90kg type when it's all said and done.

Can any draft watchers tell us if he was even remotely on the general draft radar pre-draft??
Might be wrong but I think he played 1 game where he got 40 touches in a loss and he got picked off that 1 performance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't describe myself as a keen draft watcher Fronk, but I'm pretty sure he was unheralded at the time. Perhaps Port or the Crows would have heard of him and had him as a potential final pick if he was still there but it was the usual case of "who???" when Dalrymple called his number at pick 48 in the 2015 draft. The only thing anyone had to report about him after he was drafted was his 56 possessions (in a side that got thrashed) in a SANFL reserves game.

Dunno how Dalrymple does it. Williams does fit one of the Dalrymple trademarks and that's being among the younger players in his draft year. He's younger than Tim English and NMM who were drafted a year later.

not sure our contested ball improves with those changes. Just because Boyd plays in the back line doesn't mean he gets no contested possessions. I guess our contested game cant get much worse but at least disposal should be cleaner.

Anyway i dont mind the changes, happy for Boyd not to travel and get games into Williams and co

It appears as though Honeychurch has travelled with the AFL side as backup. Not listed in the VFL, AFL, Emergencies or Injury List

It's a good team for the conditions it will dewy and not a night for tall forwards, it's currently 7 degrees in Canberra.
Wouldn't expect it to be dewy. Similar forecast for both tonight and tomorrow and right now (10:30pm) it's 75% relative humidity which is quite low. Temperature is now 5.6 so it's pretty cold but the dew point is 1.3 so we're still well off having a dew.

Shouldn't be too many excuses for marking and handling the pill.

Wouldn't expect it to be dewy. Similar forecast for both tonight and tomorrow and right now (10:30pm) it's 75% relative humidity which is quite low. Temperature is now 5.6 so it's pretty cold but the dew point is 1.3 so we're still well off having a dew.

you wouldn't want to receive a falcon at that temperature

Hey DW. Thanking you in advance for popping down in the middle of the night and snapping a few sprinkler heads off :thumbsupemoji:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back