Unofficial Preview Dogs vs GWS - Canberra Oval [28/4 @ 7:50PM]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OUT- Tom Boyd

IN- Tim English

It's Timmy time, Timmy..... Timmy..... Timmy..... TIMMY.

Get around Timmy, tap him on the arse and tell him that you
love him. ;)

Timmy have you met Shane Mumford yet ?:eek: Don't worry
we will Lobb you in when he is off.
I agree Yojimbo, round 6 could be the "Vowel" round,
Out- Tom In- Tim, it's nut cutting time.

Everyone calling for Smith to be dropped must have been watching a different game to me. Biggs was fine too. Jong was fine. If someone at VFL is really starring and needs a call up then Jong would be the one to take a spell in the twos for mine.

Everyone calling for Smith to be dropped must have been watching a different game to me. Biggs was fine too. Jong was fine. If someone at VFL is really starring and needs a call up then Jong would be the one to take a spell in the twos for mine.
I didn't get to watch the whole game but if you're saying Biggs was just "fine" then he must have been absolute garbage.

Scrag, you have your Biggs-coloured glasses on unfortunately.

Agree with you on Smith though. I loved it when he just ran at the contest in the last quarter and split the pack. He looks a bit bigger this year - not sure if it's muscle or fat though.

Last edited:
Out: Biggs
In: Williams

Biggs has been fumbly and his ball use in the first half was terrible. Time to get another game into a kid I really rate, against one of the best sides in the competition.

Scrap, you have your Biggs-coloured glasses on unfortunately.
There's nothing unfortunate about impeccable style.
1475213618111.jpg

Eh? It's certainly a word...

I think labelling Williams a flanker is a bit harsh. All of his junior footy was played as an inside midfielder and he rotates through that role in the VFL also. He certainly isn't light-bodied either.

I'm also not a huge fan of Jong's contest work (yes, I know he plays defensively at stoppages) and view him more as a forward/mid (and his heat map supports this notion!).

I just don't really see the change as a mid for a flanker - I see it as a flanker/mid for a flanker/mid, with a slight change in roles allowing other changes which in my opinion make us more potent.

Mate no arguments on Jong out from me. Don't think it will happen though. Biggs has been worse for longer. And I think Williams for Biggs is more like for like currently.

And if impactful is a word then it's a s**t word IMO. :)

Willing to put a sixer on it he will go. If he was not reported then and there I would agree with you. A look at the still image at the start of the article is fairly damning.

I wish but... Nothing in it and no clear footage of it. He will play Friday.
The umpire was right there though and deemed it sufficient to make a report, and the footage shows that something happened without much detail - so it'll go off the ump's report. I think he'll get 1 week.

The umpire was right there though and deemed it sufficient to make a report, and the footage shows that something happened without much detail - so it'll go off the ump's report. I think he'll get 1 week.

I think he'll get nothing… MRP hold no weight in purely umpires reports these days. Must have photo/video evidence.

I hope I'm wrong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Biggs
In: Williams

Biggs has been fumbly and his ball use in the first half was terrible. Time to get another game into a kid I really rate, against one of the best sides in the competition.
Highly doubt it'll happen. Bevo doesn't usually yo-yo blokes in and out. He'll get another chance.

I'd take Jong out for Williams, but I think we'll go unchanged.

Libbas role seems way out of whack at the moment. Spending a lot of time forward and I love him there but atm he's almost playing like a lead up small and while he can make a contest in the air it's just obviously not for him. Needs to be deeper at the feet of our talls or even off half back when he's not in the guts. Preferably just leave him in the guts for longer but. All for versatility but he's better when he's in there and were better when he's in there. No need to rotate for the sake of rotating imo.

Plenty folks saying our fitness is an issue but nobody answered last time so I'll ask again. Why are we running over teams in the second halves especially last quarters if that is true ?
Not sure who has been saying this, but the vision of Picken's late gut running against the Swans (who are a very fit side) and any cursory glance at Macrae's workrate should put that issue to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back