Autopsy Dogs Want It More (74 - 44)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah well Dockers season over . Don't think I'm here to be a campaigner ( maybe a little ) but you have done better this season than I expected .

Not only have you shed that God awful RTB game style you almost made finals whilst blooding young skilled players .

I reckon you are 1 seasoned on baller away from returning to finals especially if you get some of your key backs fit and firing .

Anyway don't ban me
Pretty easy, don’t be a troll and you won’t be banned

Ah well Dockers season over . Don't think I'm here to be a campaigner ( maybe a little ) but you have done better this season than I expected .

Not only have you shed that God awful RTB game style you almost made finals whilst blooding young skilled players .

I reckon you are 1 seasoned on baller away from returning to finals especially if you get some of your key backs fit and firing .

Anyway don't ban me
Your username doesn't really bode well for people viewing you as a non-troll lol.

Positives
- Fyfe. What a warrior.
- Serong is so right.
- Crowden just gets it done. That goal was great, seemed confident from the moment he took the mark.
- Darcy had a good game, seemed to take his time when in possession and quite like his options. That goal was great.
- Hogan looks like he wants it. Hope he can fulfil his potential.
- Luke Ryan and Brennan Cox are such a cute couple.

Negatives
- goal kicking for the most part
- Fredericks was pretty poor. For all the talk about his pace his positioning was really poor.
- Henry just not up to the pace. On a positive note reminded me of Ballantyne a bit with his desire for goals.
- Acres had a bit of the Langdons about his possessions (come at me).
- Midfield beaten comprehensively
- Forward structure still a significant issue.

Dead rubbers are always hard to predict, we improved on 2019 in what was the most compromised season since the 1940's.

Disappointing end to the season but it has not left the bitter taste in my mouth that 2016-2019 did.

Defence has been stoic all year and a shame to let through 10+ goals, still it's a patch of the ground I'm confident we will dominate... Just a few blokes missing all year in Pearce, Hamling, Logue and Young.

To think our midfield is being handled by two 3rd year players and a 1st year. It's an area of the ground we are only going to get stronger and stronger in moving forward.

Our forward line structure is a shambles, there must be something the club sees in David Hale that we can't see. But I really believe Sam Sturt is going to be the balance we need there.. We may need to keep drafting in that area and keeping our options open.

Don't be upset about Frederick and Henry, they have no much to learn but the club believes they have enormous potential, they're first year players and the sky is the limit. It will work out for the best.

More grunt, strength and confidence in the forward half of the field and we will take sole big strides.

I think we're finals competitive next year but not necessarily upper echelon yet. So much to learn for a first year coach and fairly young playing cohort, but Jlo must find a way to take the next major step to a new level. I think he will.

Well, If Tabs was out, and Logue was okay to play, He should have played. Then either He went forward or Cox could have. But why did JL bring Colyer back...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hunter killed us. Someone needed to go on him. His return to the side has been the catalyst to their second half season form.

Henry is miles off the pace. Freddy and Colyer are not B22 on that form either.

If everyone was available, Pearce, Hamling, Young, Logue, Sturt, Tabs and Walters would come back in without thinking about it.

On tonight’s form the outs would have to be Cox, Duman (he was pretty good just unlucky as we need Young in), Henry, Freddy, Colyer, Crowden and perhaps Colyer.

Hunter killed us. Someone needed to go on him. His return to the side has been the catalyst to their second half season form.

Henry is miles off the pace. Freddy and Colyer are not B22 on that form either.

If everyone was available, we’d have Pearce, Hamling, Young, Sturt, Tabs and Walters back in without thinking about it.

On tonight’s form the outs would have to be Cox, Duman (he was pretty good just unlucky as we need Young in), Henry, Freddy, Colyer and perhaps Crowden.

Don't forget Mr Tucker and Mr Logue!

Really hope preseason is back to normal and no restrictions are placed on how many can train together.
I also really hope the AFLW team can partake in a full, uninterrupted season!

Really hope preseason is back to normal and no restrictions are placed on how many can train together.
This! JL and whoever the f**k our forwards coach is need to spend, hours, upon weeks, upon months getting some form of forward structure.

It's just basics that we don't do. Blocking, leading, mids lowering the eyes and hitting up a leading forward, forwards spreading to get 1v1's, spreading to create space. I have no doubt this is a massive priority over pre season

With the absence of Tabs, feel like Lobb’s workrate was exposed In the forward half and his time in the ruck was woeful. Darcy held his own in the hit outs and was real solid.

I don’t know what Colyer adds to the side.

He's elite at fumbling and #1 in the afl for handballs to your feet

Do you think Matera gets another year? I know it's completely unrelated to the thread but would it be worth giving him a go next year in the forward line under hopefully a new coach.

Do you think Matera gets another year? I know it's completely unrelated to the thread but would it be worth giving him a go next year in the forward line under hopefully a new coach.
i’ll be shocked if matera gets another year as Mitch, Schultz, Frederick and Henry have jumped him in the pecking order for small up forward. any 28 year old who’s fit for the whole season but plays 6 games for 5 (?) goals is going to struggle to keep his contract when that’s meant to be his bread and butter

If we don’t have a new forwards coach next year we may as well abandon all hope
Longmuir was pretty hamstrung this season due to the Lyon and Rozich payouts hence he couldn't appoint any coaches of his own. Likely he will probably bring in 1-2 of his own choice next season which should help considerably.

This! JL and whoever the f**k our forwards coach is need to spend, hours, upon weeks, upon months getting some form of forward structure.

It's just basics that we don't do. Blocking, leading, mids lowering the eyes and hitting up a leading forward, forwards spreading to get 1v1's, spreading to create space. I have no doubt this is a massive priority over pre season
It would've been pretty hard in the forward line this year with the slow and steady transition movement we've had this year. Just might be this was a way of ushering in a new game plan while avoiding undue vulnerable turnover exposure. If so, much faster transition footy will come in next year as a matter of course.

Mentioned in the game thread, the fact Tabs and Walters went out, no debuts came in for the last round, when it’s pointless anyway.
Colyer. Garbage.
That forward line, regardless if it’s Tabs himself or Hogan by himself, would never work. Colyer, Fredrick, Crowden, Henry, Schulz. Come on. That’s horrendous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back