Autopsy Dogs Want It More (74 - 44)

Remove this Banner Ad

UYD 4 Life

All Australian
Nov 27, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
If he nails a couple of those half chance goals and fyfey didn't drop that mark nobody would care about his pressure. Not long ago people were bemoaning cerras lack of poise as a 3rd year player. I think Henry with 3 games after no pre season and no proper scratch matches can be excused for not adapting to the intensity of AFL football just yet.

mike91

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Here's some raw stats to consider...

Pressure acts:
Schultz 4, Colyer 8, Henry 11, Crowden 13, Frederick 16

Tackles i50:
Schultz 0, Colyer 0, Henry 2, Crowden 2, Frederick 0

Could be just a coincidence all our small forwards struggled to rack up good defensive pressure numbers? ;)
Cheeky winks are totally acceptable, thanks for continuously doing that mate.

I stand by my opinion, he doesn't do enough defensively. Stats show Coyler did alright too, but I beg to differ, thought he was meh.

Didn't he get 2.5 in a player rating? Slightly harsh, but not totally wrong.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
I stand by my opinion, he doesn't do enough defensively. Stats show Coyler did alright too, but I beg to differ, thought he was meh.
Which I agreed with. My (and others') point is that he wasn't alone when it came to our small forwards applying pressure so maybe narrowing in on just him isn't inline with the reality of what happened? It's probably time to end an argument when someone brings up player ratings ;) (another wink just for you)

Wilksyy

Tab on a 🦀
Aug 26, 2018
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Freo, Leeds Utd
Just listening to AFL exchange and the guys said Sean Darcy could miss a couple of games next season due to the injury on Naughton. I get it, but jeez that’s rough.

Though, nice to hear they rate Freo as potential rapid risers next year.

anchor man

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2001
Success WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dockers ∧South Fremantle
Ah yes, typical reply. If only you bothered reading, you'd see I'm not blaming our forwards.

Bagging the kids, omg! How dare I expect pressure, which literally requires no skill whatsoever, it just requires commitment to chase your opponent. But hey, bagging kids right?
There can be a thing called being constructive.Both henry and Frederick are totally knew to the club and the way of AFL life.
I am not saying they can't be criticised if they deserve it.
But remember that they are in a totally new system.They have had a very short preseason(as have most) but they are new, so their build up is not as much as the experienced players.
A new coach, who had no way of a proper way of teaching the newcomers.No training in groups where they can be taught properly.
Give them a break.

anchor man

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2001
Success WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dockers ∧South Fremantle
Just listening to AFL exchange and the guys said Sean Darcy could miss a couple of games next season due to the injury on Naughton. I get it, but jeez that’s rough.

They would have to be joking wouldn't they!!!!

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
I genuinely don't know what the deal with a shepherd that initiates accidental head contact is. It was head on head too and is clearly a football act. If his shoulder did the damage I'd say fair enough to a suspension.
Fyfe got done for an accidental head clash in 2014, and it cost him a Brownlow.

Also - who is Travis Colyer? Anyone know?

mike91

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle

Looked like accidental head contact, can't see how he gets suspended. Though the afl make rules up as they please.

mike91

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Which I agreed with. My (and others') point is that he wasn't alone when it came to our small forwards applying pressure so maybe narrowing in on just him isn't inline with the reality of what happened? It's probably time to end an argument when someone brings up player ratings ;) (another wink just for you)
The winks reek of immaturity, feel free to stop that, you're really not accomplishing anything at all by doing these.

I'm criticizing Henry's performances for the season, not just for this one particular game. We'll agree to disagree.

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
The winks reek of immaturity, feel free to stop that, you're really not accomplishing anything at all by doing these.

I'm criticizing Henry's performances for the season, not just for this one particular game. We'll agree to disagree.
Seems like the wink is a far more powerful emoji than it looked like at first glance. Maybe I need longer to truly assess its abilities, before passing judgement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back