Random Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not for me, but if other people want to do it and others still are able to making a living out of it then why not.

Also if one of the outcomes of Boncer's doggy school is a very well trained dog then that's a good thing. I love dogs but it pisses me off when seeing them basically run their own race and dominate their owners, or their owners are blind to the fact their dog is being a pain in the arse to everyone else around.
100% this. We put a lot of time training her to not be a pain in the ass.

Having dogs run wild is a pet hate of mine.

Two dogs for myself. 18-month border collie and 1-year-old Kelpie :)
You must have your hands very full! The kelpie pup at my place is whip smart and into absolutely everything. So crazy and energetic he broke his leg while playing at 3 months old 😟 can’t imagine having two at once they’d be completely bonkers 😂

You must have your hands very full! The kelpie pup at my place is whip smart and into absolutely everything. So crazy and energetic he broke his leg while playing at 3 months old 😟 can’t imagine having two at once they’d be completely bonkers 😂

So we had the Border Collie first for about 9 months, and she's a genius. Very clever, very active but very friendly. We both work full-time though, so we wanted to get her someone to play with during the day in a decent backyard so they hopefully wear each other out. Doesn't seem to completely work that way haha.
The kelpie we got when he was approx 4 months old - he's not "dumb" per se, he's smart enough, but no more or less than your average dog, and certainly nowhere near the Border Collie. They also 'kind of' get along. It's a genuine brother/sister relationship, they'll play together but fight together and certainly fight for both mine and my girlfriend's attention.

It was a handful early days, but think we've settled into a decent routine. It's rare days we wouldn't spend at least 60-90mins at the park though, they need it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lovely dog but I just wanted to push that other ear up.

Meanwhile there's trouble in paradise. All of a sudden he's moved in and claimed half of everything (that's Ralph's bed).
View attachment 752656
O-oh! At some point they'll have to figure out the pecking order and who sleeps where, unless you intervene.

Pupper has decided he likes napping underneath outdoor furniture or under the deck, rather than in the perfectly good kennel he has available when he's outside...

Unsure whether to put the Christmas tree up this year with these two reprobates around. Our last two dogs were much better behaved.. probably because we got them a year apart whereas these two guys were born two days apart and have bonded through destruction of anything that takes their fancy.

1573028890737.png

I would like to but I'm just not sure it's worth the risk.

Unsure whether to put the Christmas tree up this year with these two reprobates around. Our last two dogs were much better behaved.. probably because we got them a year apart whereas these two guys were born two days apart and have bonded through destruction of anything that takes their fancy.

View attachment 775413

I would like to but I'm just not sure it's worth the risk.
You can still get out the tree just don't use glass decorations this year :p

My main concern is them swallowing something. We still have the $2000 honkey nut in a container on top of the fridge from our border collie/blue heeler cross. :(
I feel like most people with small children have had the same worries at some point or other:

:D 🎄

20190125_191955.jpg

These are my two fur children, Lucky and Tilly. Got them both as rescue puppies because in the end Mrs Grizz and I couldn't bring ourselves to buy purebred dogs when there are so many rescues that just need some love.

Lucky is 2 years old now and we got him at 8 weeks. He is basically full Cattle dog/bluey but his DNA test showed 1/8 kelpie as well. They found him and his sister abandoned on the side of a road in rural NSW outside a remote community with signs of neglect. Happy and healthy now though.

Tilly is a Whippet/Blue healer cross (daddy whippet broke a fence and found a lady bluey to his liking). Got her at 8 weeks too and she is a year old now.

I love the idea of rescue dogs. A little love, a firm hand and watch them blossom.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back