Random Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve been reminded why I prefer cats over dogs, the dogs in the neighbourhood won’t shut up and it makes getting to sleep pretty damn difficult.
Explains a lot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

received_620232402062515.jpeg

We had to dog sit. It was a great few days. 😍

Edit: Though by night 2 she made it very clear she liked it being a one dog house.

Last edited:
20210401_160921.jpg
On stage 1 of our honeymoon and we get a text from dog school "Hi Boncer just wondering if Kiara is ok, all the dogs missed their Princess today."

My folks forgot to take her but apparently all the other dogs spent the day looking in "her corner" of the school yard looking for her. 😂🤦‍♂️

My 2 hate swimming. Won't have a bar of it.

I've never heard of those before. What are they like? And do they need to be clipped regularly? Old mate on the left is looking a bit wooly :tongueoutv1:
Arwen needs a big clip before summer (as seen below) but daisy is still a pup so her curls haven’t fully come in yet.

They’re actually bred for hunting. They happily spend hours fetching sticks and balls out of the river (as they would with hunted ducks I suppose). Murrays typically have aloof personalities and usually allow only their owners to pat them. Arwen is a little bit like that, but daisy loves people and will play with anyone. Aside from being our best friends, their main job is to guard the chickens from the foxes. Arwen has killed at least one fox and together they’ve killed many feral cats (yes, they were definitely feral 😉).
C8F2B429-6BFB-4B9C-AE9F-D72CFE7CA297.jpeg
562C72E6-A7C6-46D0-A296-6F40A8BDABA9.jpeg

Arwen needs a big clip before summer (as seen below) but daisy is still a pup so her curls haven’t fully come in yet.

They’re actually bred for hunting. They happily spend hours fetching sticks and balls out of the river (as they would with hunted ducks I suppose). Murrays typically have aloof personalities and usually allow only their owners to pat them. Arwen is a little bit like that, but daisy loves people and will play with anyone. Aside from being our best friends, their main job is to guard the chickens from the foxes. Arwen has killed at least one fox and together they’ve killed many feral cats (yes, they were definitely feral 😉).
View attachment 1135903
View attachment 1135904
You live near the river? I want to say your streetfront looks like Albury but I could be wildly off-base.

You live near the river? I want to say your streetfront looks like Albury but I could be wildly off-base.
Sure do. Near the river and Hume weir.

Sure do. Near the river and Hume weir.
I lived there for a while, years ago. Never made it to the weir while I was there though as I didn't have a car or a license and the PT is atrocious 😬 or it was back then, idk if it's improved. I still miss it though, even if I had to walk every damned place. Would probably live there again if the stars aligned and made it possible.

I can't believe I've never heard of a Murray Retriever before 🤔 Do you know what they were bred from? Surely some lab/goldie in there somewhere, but idk where that curly coat comes from.

I lived there for a while, years ago. Never made it to the weir while I was there though as I didn't have a car or a license and the PT is atrocious 😬 or it was back then, idk if it's improved. I still miss it though, even if I had to walk every damned place. Would probably live there again if the stars aligned and made it possible.

I can't believe I've never heard of a Murray Retriever before 🤔 Do you know what they were bred from? Surely some lab/goldie in there somewhere, but idk where that curly coat comes from.
Nah PT is still rubbish up here unfortunately. Hard to live here without a car! Another challenge is the rental market. Rent is sky high due to the very very low rental vacancy rate. Nice for the landlords, less so for the renters.

Recent DNA testing on several Murray River Curly Coated Retrievers shows a genetic link to several breeds, including the American Water Spaniel, the Chesapeake Bay Retriever, the English Springer Spaniel, and the Irish Water Spaniel and many hunters and fanciers believe that there may be a link to the Norfolk Spaniel, a breed that became extinct in 1903. “

Remove this Banner Ad

Back