Random Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

How does one cope with losing their best mate over the last 12 years? My dog Jack is getting near the end. It just tears me up.

I am sorry for you. There is no ‘coping’. There’s grief and pain, bittersweet when you remember the love and devotion and good times.
I lost my best mate of 16 years earlier this year. It was a cat but she cane in the car a lots and fetched and was pretty dog like.. (See Cats thread). 8 months on I think of her countless times everyday and still think the stupid sayings, songs and names I had for her. She was my best friend. I am very sorry.

How does one cope with losing their best mate over the last 12 years? My dog Jack is getting near the end. It just tears me up.
I read this a while back and it's one of the most beautiful things I've read when taken in context. I hope you can take something from it as no matter whether you know the day is coming or not, it's ******* tough.
https://www.rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm

All you can do is try to appreciate the time you currently have. When they go, it’s heartbreaking, there’s no escaping it.
I was shattered when I lost my last dog. I had to take a week off work, I didn’t want to talk to anyone.
The hardest part is the start, when you automatically look around for them and they’re not there. But it definitely gets easier with time, and then you tend to remember all the good stuff.

Done a bit of research on them cause the missus loves them. Pretty much a great farm dog but really not Idea for a house dog.
I've done a bit of reading too. Was more after anyone with firsthand experience. We have a big backyard and had a border collie so I wouldn't necessarily let that dissuade me. I was more concerned about the lack of playfulness I was reading about.

I've done a bit of reading too. Was more after anyone with firsthand experience. We have a big backyard and had a border collie so I wouldn't necessarily let that dissuade me. I was more concerned about the lack of playfulness I was reading about.
I got a collie x spaniel. The owner of her brother asked me when I thought they'd start settling down.

I laughed. Don't think she appreciated my answer.

LOL. One of the most belligerent animals I've ever met. Seriously. Doesn't give a flying stuff. But you buy one. :cool::thumbsu::D
Wasn't having a go. That's the kind of info I'm after.

Wifey is trying to angle for a frug but I am extremely wary having just gone through the last 3 years caring for a pug in a wheelchair whose bladder I had to express manually. I love them too but I am not going through that again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wasn't having a go. That's the kind of info I'm after.

Wifey is trying to angle for a frug but I am extremely wary having just gone through the last 3 years caring for a pug in a wheelchair whose bladder I had to express manually. I love them too but I am not going through that again.

All good. I knew you weren't having a go.

Get a Border Collie. You not regret it.

We're going to get 2 and I've already put my foot down that 1 will be a border collie/mix. We're going to check out some border collie cross german spitz puppies on Saturday. Not sure what to expect there..
Aren't those spitz dogs like pomeranians? A border collie / pomeranian would be an effing psychopath that runs all day.

HAHAHA love it.
Its funny though mine isn't a huge fan of running all day. Will happily do it if made to but does love lying under the kitchen table.

Our last border collie/blue heeler was happy to do either as well. Would run until he puked if you made him then keep going or would slack around sleeping quite happily.
I was gearing myself up for a full on energetic dog and she still can be at times but it hasn't been anywhere near what I was anticipating. People always go "jeez she must be mental" when they hear the breed mix but very placid most of the time, does get super excited though for a good 10/15 minutes when people come over.

Has realised she has a bark now though which is a fun time!

I was gearing myself up for a full on energetic dog and she still can be at times but it hasn't been anywhere near what I was anticipating. People always go "jeez she must be mental" when they hear the breed mix but very placid most of the time, does get super excited though for a good 10/15 minutes when people come over.

Has realised she has a bark now though which is a fun time!
Our border collie was a tri colour but had the heeler growl and bark. Put the fear of god into many a person. So many people thought he must have rotty in him because of the bark and the brown eyebrows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back