Doig Medal predictions

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Doig is scheduled for the 2nd of October lets try and predict it.

1. Mundy (Played every game and was genuinely good)
2. Brayshaw (only missed 2 games and was one of our best)
3. Serong (Played every game, will still get votes for his quiet games because he was playing a role for the team when tagging)
4. Darcy (Missed a couple and went off injured for a couple but he was ultra consistent this year so I expect him to feature)
5. Luke Ryan (Missed 3 games but was consistent throughout the year, should poll decently)

This is where it gets tricky because the games missed by most of the "better" players start to outweigh those who played full seasons

6. Lachie Schulz (Only missed 2 games, was pretty decent)
7. Adam Cerra (Missed 4+1 games but was pretty consistent)
8. James Aish (Played every game, big bonus in our doig count)
9. Travis Colyer (Same as for Aish)
10. Raffle off this spot, most players left only played 17 games or less. Maybe Griffin Logue?

Fyfe misses top 10 IMO due to only 15 games and 3 of those games he was injury affected during it
Brayshaw would have gone close to winning it if not for missing 2 games
Darcy would have been a top 3 lock but he missed a couple games and sat off for quarters a few times throughout the year for injury concerns (He will likely jump Serong if the coaches don't factor in him sitting on the bench in injury affected games)
Aish and colyer may seem like surprises but I think our voting system will rate them higher due to games played

Taberner, Pearce, Cox, Walters, Lobb, Tucker all probably missed too many games to rate for top 10 with our voting system.

Last edited:

s_wd6

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 27, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
1. Mundy
2. Brayshaw
3. Darcy
4. Serong
5. Ryan
6. Cerra
7. Aish
8. Fyfe
9. Colyer
10. Schultz

Really not easy to fill out the 7-10 with the rest of the players missing so many games

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
1. Mundy
2. Brayshaw
3. Darcy
4. Serong
5. Ryan
6. Cerra
7. Aish
8. Fyfe
9. Colyer
10. Schultz

Really not easy to fill out the 7-10 with the rest of the players missing so many games
Yeah the challenging part is that 7 to 10 range, So many players missing too many games this season, really shows how bad our injury crisis is

Only Serong, Mundy, Aish and Colyer played every game this year

ignoramus

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Aish is a smokey to make top 5, I reckon:

1. Mundy
2. Brayshaw
3. Darcy
4. Serong
5. Aish
6. Ryan
7. Cerra
8. Colyer
9. Shultz
10. Fyfe

Cobbler

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Mundy.

Reckon Colyer will be around the 5th or 6th which will be a great result for him.

Colyer 5th or 6th would highlight how badly we need to get our best 22 on the field regularly. Deserved his extension, had great season but if being brutal he shouldn’t be top 15, best 22 or even on our list.

WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A.
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
If I had a dollar for every time Alcock used the phrase "sustained success", I wouldn't have to invest in Crypto Currency!

Mr Cheese

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Cerra first surely? I mean there's no way we could accept just pick 6 for our current reigning Doig medalist is there? (and Mundy will understand).

In all seriousness has to be Mundy. Darcy / Brayshaw / Serong next few spots then Cerra / Ryan / Tabs - no idea what order though.

s_wd6

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 27, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think top three are locked in.

1. Mundy
2. Brayshaw
3. Darcy

4th will probably be between ryan and serong

freo1997

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
munster
AFL Club
Fremantle
Colyer 5th or 6th would highlight how badly we need to get our best 22 on the field regularly. Deserved his extension, had great season but if being brutal he shouldn’t be top 15, best 22 or even on our list.

You may be right...but he got the very best out of himself this year.

Back