Doig Medal predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

I see a few posters have picked up on it, but as soon as I saw the top 10 Switkowski really grabbed my eye as well.

He was off injured before half time at least once but I think twice and you would presume he struggles to vote in those matches. So from where I sit he has averaged more than 10 votes per games where he played most of the match. Had he done that across 21 or 22 games of the season he’d have either finished first or second overall. That is a great effort.

I have had my eye on him for a while as I think he has shown up really well in matches I have watched. I think the Richmond medical team could do wonders for him. 😉 Seriously though, definitely a player to keep an eye on and here is hoping he gets a good run at it in future seasons.

Well done to Darcy but B&F can be manipulated. Great story for the club having youth leading the Doig rankings which is positive for the club. It would have been a poor reflection on our future if a 36 year old had have won the Doig (even if it was deserved).

Also Cerra in 5th makes sure another player leaving the club isn't up on stage while still giving strong weight to his trade value.

Well done to Darcy but B&F can be manipulated. Great story for the club having youth leading the Doig rankings which is positive for the club. It would have been a poor reflection on our future if a 36 year old had have won the Doig (even if it was deserved).

Also Cerra in 5th makes sure another player leaving the club isn't up on stage while still giving strong weight to his trade value.
Jfc was it a full moon last night? First the Colts teenager apparently opening up to a complete stranger in another thread and now this conspiracy theory.

Darcy was fully deserving of winning. He had an absolutely sensational season and was consistent - as evidenced by him being our top rated player for the year by Champion Data. It was always going to be Darcy, Mundy, Brayshaw as the top 3. I wasn't sure if this would end up the order but it makes a lot of sense ending up this way.

Serong played more games than Cerra and hence was 4th.

Brilliant year by Darcy, he's going to be the dominant ruck in the AFL very soon. Thoroughly deserved award.
At the start of the year in the prediction thread I said Darcy to win the Doig and Tabs the goalkicking. Pity my other bloody prediction that we'd finish 4th was up the s**t.

Brilliant year by Darcy, he's going to be the dominant ruck in the AFL very soon. Thoroughly deserved award.
At the start of the year in the prediction thread I said Darcy to win the Doig and Tabs the goalkicking. Pity my other bloody prediction that we'd finish 4th was up the sh*t.
Your fourth prediction was just one year premature ;)

Ok something doesn’t make sense.
If Mundy played every game and scored 207 votes that’s 9.4 votes per game. Out of 25

The runner up for the doig averaged a failing grade. I know Darcy missed a few but it is likely his average grade was a fail as well. Our coaches must be hard markers or our players are genuinely rubbish

If Mundy played every game and scored 207 votes that’s 9.4 votes per game. Out of 25

The runner up for the doig averaged a failing grade. I know Darcy missed a few but it is likely his average grade was a fail as well. Our coaches must be hard markers or our players are genuinely rubbish
Failing grade 🤣

Assuming that you are being serious (I can't tell sometimes) what you are probably missing is that each judge only has a total of 5 votes to allocate.
What you say is true if the players were all marked out of 25 each round but only 25 votes are given each round in total across all the players.
I hope that makes sense.

Assuming that you are being serious (I can't tell sometimes) what you are probably missing is that each judge only has a total of 5 votes to allocate.
What you say is true if the players were all marked out of 25 each round but only 25 votes are given each round in total across all the players.
I hope that makes sense.
Yep thanks. Completely misread it. I thought each player was given a mark out of 5 by each judge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back