Dom Barry heads home

Remove this Banner Ad

MUYB

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Has quit the club to reconnect with his family and community.

Cue a thousand hacks trying to decide whether to write a "Melbournes lost draft picks" or an "indigenous kids can't cut it" article first.

Very sad to hear and unfortunately it will further tarnish the chance's of more remote Indigenous draftee's in the future

The kid had big wraps and looked good in highlight videos on the net

Struggled to find his feet when he did get a crack last season

Good luck in life after footy brother

Had a good chat with him at the players' function (just to keep bringing that up). Seemed very fond of the club and very enthusiastic. As Bluelegs said maybe he realised he was going to struggle to really cut. No huge loss from a footballing perspective, probably wasn't best 22 or even depth in our dreadful side going forward .

Would still like to cut Evans and McKenzie though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck to the young kid.

First Class effort to tell us pre draft.

Maybe that's why Paul Roos mentioned pick 40 the other day in an interview despite the fact that it looked like we only had 2 slots open in the draft.

This is very unfortunate to hear. i personally didn't think he would make it but i would have liked to have sen him prove me wrong.

At least this solves some of our draft issues, good on him for choosing the appropriate time to call it quits

I wish Barry all the best

Meh, it was surprising that he got new contract in the first place tbh given he had shown very little in his time at MFC. What a waste of time and resources. All the best to him though. At least we don't have to delist a contracted player to use pick 40 now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back