Toast Dom Sheed Appreciation Thread

How good is Shredder?

• 10/10

Votes: 42 49.4%
  • Great, but plays better with great teammates around him.

Votes: 14 16.5%
  • Decent, isn't the midfielder we need.

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • Has the class of Jacks Watts

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Pure Jack Watts

Votes: 8 9.4%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 9 10.6%

• Total voters

Euro Star

Vanilla Salad
Sep 14, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Possibly a Luke Parker / James Bartell if things really click for him. Probably won't reach those heights but I'm hoping he becomes that sort of player.

Not super flashy due to having limited pace but just does good things when he gets the ball.

The Dodger

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Considering how well Sheed has come back from injuries, does this put to bed the Redden not having a preseason argument?

No I think a Hernia op is harder to get over as you can't lift anything or put much stress on your body in recovery. I think that makes it silver that he was played from round 1 coming back from that but I still think he can improve. So I think he is coming back from further than Sheed and needed more time before he was given a go.

Oct 29, 2007
Perth Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
No I think a Hernia op is harder to get over as you can't lift anything or put much stress on your body in recovery. I think that makes it silver that he was played from round 1 coming back from that but I still think he can improve. So I think he is coming back from further than Sheed and needed more time before he was given a go.

Had Hernia surgery a few years back and it took me 4-5 months before i was able to lift properly. Being an AFL player id say their rehab would have been a lot quicker but still around the 2-3 months before he could be doing proper weights in the gym. Really we should have not rushed him to be in the squad round 1 and should let him build his strength and then game time in WAFL before having a senior game.

Really we should have not rushed him to be in the squad round 1 and should let him build his strength and then game time in WAFL before having a senior game.

This

We made a mistake with our recruits - redden, Jetta and effectively Mckenzie - by bringing them into the side too early as none of them had proper preseasons and weren't ready to come straight in like they did

Said with the benefit of hindsight obviously but in retrospect it was definitely an error

Had Hernia surgery a few years back and it took me 4-5 months before i was able to lift properly. Being an AFL player id say their rehab would have been a lot quicker but still around the 2-3 months before he could be doing proper weights in the gym. Really we should have not rushed him to be in the squad round 1 and should let him build his strength and then game time in WAFL before having a senior game.

With Sheed out I guess that is a luxury the MC didn't think they could afford.

I am looking forward to a fit Redden sticking it up everyone who has written him off next season :)

Oct 29, 2007
Perth Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
This

We made a mistake with our recruits - redden, Jetta and effectively Mckenzie - by bringing them into the side too early as none of them had proper preseasons and weren't ready to come straight in like they did

Said with the benefit of hindsight obviously but in retrospect it was definitely an error

Yeah agree , i mean i think we could handled maybe Jetta in the squad but Redden and Emac were clearly not ready. I think the fact Redden did well in round 1 peppered over the fact he was nowhere near ready and got worse as the season wore on.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
106264.jpg

Thanks avishka
He left his bigfooty profile logged on at the apple store and i took full advantage ;)

Wadsworth

Fold the Eagles
Jul 21, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
This

As a counterpoint though, we also brought Sheed back in after a few pretty average WAFL performances and that's worked out brilliantly. Sometimes people can play themselves into fitness and form and sometimes they can't. It does feel like we're on the wrong side of the ledger though, doesn't it?

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
As a counterpoint though, we also brought Sheed back in after a few pretty average WAFL performances and that's worked out brilliantly. Sometimes people can play themselves into fitness and form and sometimes they can't. It does feel like we're on the wrong side of the ledger though, doesn't it?
He played a couple of good games and was tagged out after a few of our seniors made tge side. From reading the wafl report it seems that redden is recievinh the same treatment now.

His form in the WAFL wasn't spectacular but he got 4 matches under his belt, albeit a couple of those were in very average conditions. It gave him a match fitness base and confidence that his body would hold up

Redden and eMac in particular I think would have benefitted from a similar run in the WAFL rather than having to find their feet in the AFL from the get go.

Simpson I think has acknowledged that they may have brought Eric back too early which is part of the reason I feel he'll still be at the club next year - we know how good he can be and won't want to give him away. Mckenzie will back himself to get back to his best after another preseason and win his spot back

Eaglespur

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
His form in the WAFL wasn't spectacular but he got 4 matches under his belt, albeit a couple of those were in very average conditions. It gave him a match fitness base and confidence that his body would hold up

Redden and eMac in particular I think would have benefitted from a similar run in the WAFL rather than having to find their feet in the AFL from the get go.

Simpson I think has acknowledged that they may have brought Eric back too early which is part of the reason I feel he'll still be at the club next year - we know how good he can be and won't want to give him away. Mckenzie will back himself to get back to his best after another preseason and win his spot back
Optimistic

Hows that fake?

Wasn't just the normal balk, he even went to the extent of swinging his left arm and retracting it at the very last moment.

Pretty sure he did a massive fake like that last year that fooled everyone else on the ground and watching it too.

Back