Dom Sheed 'on the verge of greatness'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

porttoport

Team Captain
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
His kicking has become a real weapon - which is a real turnaround from what we were expecting post-draft

Reminds me a lot of Mark Nicoski’s kick actually

Hits his kicks low and hard with a lot of penetration - but sometimes pokes at the mid range kick and is more inconsistent

Was Judd the last goal a game midfielder we’ve had? Embley?
Yes Judd was and Sheed goes at about a goal for every two games

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

WillieNillie

Team Captain
AFL Club
West Coast
I remember a interview with Judd and he was asked, what is the most underrated skill in the game and he said balance. Balance creates your strength, agility and speed

Sheeds game transformed when he composed himself and did things with his feet on the ground, and essentially focused on his balance. His biggest failures were his running kicks which would always hit the grass, now he slows down before he kicks and hits the man, his very painful around the body Piddis like bombs to nowhere, now he balances himself and uses strength to free himself to get a cleaner disposal.

I think the coaches who worked with him deserve alot of praise for his turnaround as well as the man himself who changed his game and fixed his flaws, as opposed to sooked and moaned about it like a few players will do

Top Bottom