Dom Sheed 'on the verge of greatness'

Remove this Banner Ad

Shuey Yeo Gaff Sheed Redden + Rioli in bursts + Best tagger in the game Hutchings

Then add Naitanui half way through the season...

Very Solid midfield group. No real weak links, everyone complements each other.

Yeo + Shuey those elite-burst dynamic players.

Gonna be a great year watching them either kick goals from the centre bounces or drill it on the chest of Kennedy, Darling, Ryan, Allen, Rioli, Cripps..

He still really needs to improve his kicking and often his poise in traffic to become an A grader.

Glad he had that in spades in the GF though

Boyd is worth every cent to a Doggies fan. Regardless of what he's one since Sept 2016.
Thats why I put a pic of him... Had a great grand final and done nothing since.

Sheed didnt just have a great GF, he was joint player of the finals alongside reddog. The 4 or5 games leading into finals when he made his way back into the side via Gaff was alsk outstanding averaging about 30 touches.
Confident he has turned the corner and ready to become the player we had hoped for.

Agreed that was because Collingwood were all over Yeo and Redden . Wait till they put someone on Dom . If they don't great , lets not get to carried away . Dom is not the quickest player going around and Flaming U TURNS far too often, needs to lower his eyes and look for better options. Pretty selfish player not sure he is always team focused . Time will tell hope he proves me wrong .
I'd agree he's got a bit to work on but he's improved massively towards the back end of last year and over the preseason.

If he's serious enough to be building his fitness than good on him. He is still prone to a dump kick but usually gets 50 metres on the ball now, (*every player has to dump kick sometimes, even Yeo and Shuey but less so because of their athleticism) they're worth more now from centre clearances than they were before with a loose man or two sitting in the hole.

I think his handballs have been more accurate and have appreciated him firing it off rather than getting caught trying to backtrack through a tackle. He is a good outside player, not much of a tackler but as long as he goes when it's his turn and doesn't stand off a contest I'll be happy.

If Dom gets tagged, look out for Shuey and Yeo.

Very Solid midfield group. No real weak links, everyone complements each other.

Yeo + Shuey those elite-burst dynamic players.

Gonna be a great year watching them either kick goals from the centre bounces or drill it on the chest of Kennedy, Darling, Ryan, Allen, Rioli, Cripps..

Nothing makes my pants bulge more than seeing Nic tap down to Shuey, who then bursts free and drills it on the run from 60.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd agree he's got a bit to work on but he's improved massively towards the back end of last year and over the preseason.

If he's serious enough to be building his fitness than good on him. He is still prone to a dump kick but usually gets 50 metres on the ball now, (*every player has to dump kick sometimes, even Yeo and Shuey but less so because of their athleticism) they're worth more now from centre clearances than they were before with a loose man or two sitting in the hole.

I think his handballs have been more accurate and have appreciated him firing it off rather than getting caught trying to backtrack through a tackle. He is a good outside player, not much of a tackler but as long as he goes when it's his turn and doesn't stand off a contest I'll be happy.

It’s a hard call as to weather taggers become more important with the new 6 6 6 rule or disappear altogether
It’s diffict to see their value at centre bounces but around the ground it’s a different matter
Who knows?

It’s a hard call as to weather taggers become more important with the new 6 6 6 rule or disappear altogether
It’s diffict to see their value at centre bounces but around the ground it’s a different matter
Who knows?

Shuey, Yeo and Redden are all great defensively which is great if we don't win the ball. Other teams have mids equally gifted in attack but lacking the defensive side. If we win the ball I'd suggest some scores could be piled on with the new rules.

Really hope NN comes back in some sort of athletic capacity that we are used to. It could be the rule change to witness him at full flight for a couple of years..

'on the verge of greatness'..
Hope that's not the same verge where everyone throws out their rubbish?

He could be anything...He could be Lord Dom, Sir Dom, His Holiness Dom,
Pope Dom of The Holy Sea, His Royal Majesty Dom, King Dom,
Dom of The Golden Mile, Dom The Prince Of Kalgoorlie, Dom The Pie Slayer,
Medal Bestowed Dom of The Grand Final, Grand Wizard Dom of The Leather Pill...etc.

Agreed great reply . Not sure he handballs to often and will always try to get the inside 50 stat up . As said he has improved because of Reddens and Yeo's team defensive skills . Put him in an average side and he will cause little problems to the opposition . Good luck to him will always be a legend for that goal . West coast mids very very underrated hope it stays that way . The last thing we need is to go back to selfish footy .

He still doesn't tackle though and when R1 starts whos gonna be next to Shuey in the coal face Redden or Sheed? does Redden get pushed aside so easy?

Including your finals iv never seen a player who has gotten so many disposals and laid literally like 3 tackles including finals and the 2 jlt games, will the coaches accept that?
Can't tackle if you're always getting the ball

Remove this Banner Ad

Back