Dom Sheed 'on the verge of greatness'

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure did.

Can't wait till they do a Toyota ad re-enactment of it someday. I can visualise it now - Steven Curry could play Maynard and get virtually mugged by the other guy playing Rioli. Sheed takes a mark and runs all the way to the goalsquare before putting his hands up to say 'I'll just take the set shot.' Followed by about 9 takes of him missing the set shot before finally getting it right for the cameras. Cue celebrations.

Who are they going to get to play the salty collyflog fan who starts the extremely sad petition

Yet to watch the GF replay. Pencilled in tonight but absolutely wrecked, so decided to watch the last 5 minutes and he legit had 4 other significant plays in those 5 minutes. His hands are so clean in congestion and i kinda wanna see him playing more on ball this season.

Rewatching the qualifying final. Dom gave us all a taste of what he would produce in a few week’s time. Massive kick in the context of the game that I’d forgotten about post-GF.

Shoutout to Kayo screen recording for those really sleek black borders.

Rewatching the qualifying final. Dom gave us all a taste of what he would produce in a few week’s time. Massive kick in the context of the game that I’d forgotten about post-GF.

Shoutout to Kayo screen recording for those really sleek black borders.

Dom loves a go ahead goal!

Comments from Magpies v Geelong game confirm ..

player takes a mark and continues a few steps but doesn`t play on ..''That had abit of Sheed about it..''

player kicking from boundary at MCG ,,'' Thats the Sheed pocket ..

I posted on your Forum a while back and backed Sheed for the Brownlow on several websites earlier this preseaon. I was told on here that his DE is his weakness. He is the ultimate ball piglet. I expect massive things from him this year. I'm glad I have my bets on him, I don't think I'll cash out. I hit him at 201-1 for the Brownlow win a while back, and 34-1 for a Top 5 finish in the Brownlow, along with 15-1 for a Top 10 finish. I really like these bets.

Btw, I was a massive fan of Tim Kelly in the WAFL before he was drafted. I emailed Wellsy to select him well before the Finals series started in 2017, well ahead of the Draft. I have good confidence in identifying talent without blowing a trump, but I expect a HUGE HUGE season from Sheed. He will be your best midfielder this year, I wish I had him at the Cats. He was an excellent selection by the WCE, and he will never leave being a local boy. You've selected well in the past tbh, the only one you should've gone earlier is Tim Kelly, but you can't win them all. Barass and Allen will provide excellent bookends for the next decade.

My only doubs with WCE this year is not your list, but the ability to back-up a flag. I think its just a mental thing that is so hard to back-up, but you will be right in the hunt.

Best of luck this season...

21 contested possessions, 10 clearances from 38 touches. Only shinning light.

159c2577e4f9686d608398f7601e7cb4.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great effort from him but I feel he is still a bit soft in the contest. Either lacks strength or confidence in his strength

Loving Sheeds form atm, i know we aren't a high tackling team but another 0 tackle game from Sheed, think that is pne weakness that he really needs to work on to be truly elite.

Loving Sheeds form atm, i know we aren't a high tackling team but another 0 tackle game from Sheed, think that is pne weakness that he really needs to work on to be truly elite.

Doesn't matter if he plays his role ie more outside and kicking goals. I can forgive 0 tackles this weekend if he has 20 disposals and kicks 3 goals again.

Doesn't matter if he plays his role ie more outside and kicking goals. I can forgive 0 tackles this weekend if he has 20 disposals and kicks 3 goals again.
Yeah i agree, iam loving the way Sheed is playing atm and i dont know the exact roles of each midfielder but players are always looking to get better and it is an area he could work on. Also had 0 tackles last week.

The zero tackles is a little misleading in a way, because the implication is he’s not pressuring. There were several instances of him chasing and getting a tackle right as the opponent was handballing, so much so that I was really surprised he wasn’t officially credited with any. I don’t know how the consistency from venue to venue works, but it wouldn’t have surprised me to see him be credited with three or four tackles on another day for the same passages of play:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back