Dom Sheed 'on the verge of greatness'

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely elite - somewhat of a weapon outside and around goals too.

Get the feeling WC have worked out what he needs to thrive after Cripps roughed him up and he lost form - 1) they need to back him, 2) they need to protect him so that he can fly under the radar so the media doesn’t hype him. Seems like a sensitive and good bloke but a very pure, honest , and reliable football player.

Very glad WC got him over Cripps (him winning the GF aside!).

Absolutely elite - somewhat of a weapon outside and around goals too.

Get the feeling WC have worked out what he needs to thrive after Cripps roughed him up and he lost form - 1) they need to back him, 2) they need to protect him so that he can fly under the radar so the media doesn’t hype him. Seems like a sensitive and good bloke but a very pure, honest , and reliable football player.

Very glad WC got him over Cripps (him winning the GF aside!).
He lost form after being played out of position after he returned from injury.

He's not a HFF or pure outside player. Does his best when plays as an inside mid.

His finals campaign shows that as he was moved into the guts and Redden into a more balanced role.

I’d consider Ryan for that title. Has added a lot of strings to his bow in a short amount of time. Sheed has just been more consistent than he used to be.
Nah Sheed then daylight. Ryan has also improved but was one of a few who went from 1st year to 2nd year and predictably grew more consistent.

Sheed had a body of work already. Last year was Sheed's 5th season. Halfway through, he was out of the side. Now a year later he is a vital cog.

He lost form after being played out of position after he returned from injury.

He's not a HFF or pure outside player. Does his best when plays as an inside mid.

His finals campaign shows that as he was moved into the guts and Redden into a more balanced role.
Surely he didn't get a day off just for calling Freo "The Cockburn Dockers"?

I mean, he isn't wrong, is he?

Nah Sheed then daylight. Ryan has also improved but was one of a few who went from 1st year to 2nd year and predictably grew more consistent.

Sheed had a body of work already. Last year was Sheed's 5th season. Halfway through, he was out of the side. Now a year later he is a vital cog.

I think Sheed's improvement has Sheppard covered just.

Shep has been a great player for quite a while, but this year he has been elite. (should be a lock for AA on current form).

Of course Sheed has come from further back - so more improvement - although as noted by others, some of this is due to position change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another great game, really putting together a great season. It's a pity that Sam Mitchell took this guy's spot for a whole year.

We didn't get one tonight, but I love Sheed's goal celebrations, so understated and I love that we're seeing it more often. He's a crafty midfielder Sheed. His ability now to find space is invaluable.

With the celebration, it's as if Sheed, a boy who was a bit happy with himself in the beginning (certainly off the field) has become a man in the space of a season. No fanfare until it's earned as in the grand final. Knowing that nothing counts until you've lifted the cup again.

The GF changed Sheed immeasurably. He's got real steel now.

Haven't seen this weeks game but watched a bit of the game last week and was super excited to see him actually run someone down from behind and lay a strong tackle. Stats say he had 5 today.

The intent to get someone from behind and hit them at pace is something I hope he can keep working on.

He's been really impressive in the last couple of weeks especially.
His vision with handball in close is almost the best in our team and the way he rides the tackle until he gets the right option reminds me of priddis at his best .

Also if he gets space his kicking is elite . That lazer left is a thing of beauty

Remove this Banner Ad

Back