Recommitted Dom Sheed [re-signed]

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
He turns 26 in April 2021 and will be RFA at the end of the season.

Surely the Kalgoorlie Kid stays put. But if not, how much interest would there be? Enough to trigger Band 1 compensation?
waste of time posting this.

Dom Sheed won't leave. Will always be remembered for that match winning goal in that 2018 grand final.

Ironic though isn't it? West coast traded pick 6 and 42 to Collingwood for picks 11, 31 and 49.

Yep that pick 11 ended up as Dom Sheed.

undefined

probably incorrect
Jun 3, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
QLDer
Unless the AFL brings in a Kalgoorlie expansion team, he will end his career an Eagle.

Not a consistent A-grader, but will be forever remembered in footy folklore.

I mean an extra $1 million over the course of the contract.

WC offer $4.3 million over six years. Someone else offers $5.2 million with incentives. Something like that.

$5.2mil over 6 years seems like overs for Sheed IMO.

Sheed will always be remembered as an Eagles Premiership hero, but he's probably only worth $500-$600k a year max. on the open market.

Aug 7, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, East Perth

Sheed will always be remembered as an Eagles Premiership hero, but he's probably only worth $500-$600k a year max. on the open market.
I'd say next contract eagles would offer him is around the 500 to 600 mark. If someone wanted him they would need to pay more. It won't happen. He's happy, we are happy, no one else seems interested.

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah, no kidding. But free agency means some players get paid overs.

Someone will offer more than that.

Someone will offer more than that.

Who?

I can't see another AFL club being that interested in a player of the quality of Dom Sheed for more than 500-600k a year. The Western Bulldogs are only paying that much to Adam Treloar over the next 5 years and he's a significantly better player than Sheed.

Sheed will end up staying at the WCE because the Eagles are prepared to pay the market rate for him, let's not pretend he's some superstar that other clubs will throw $850k a year at like you're suggesting-- because he's not.

Dec 20, 2014
Hong Kong
AFL Club
West Coast
WC, frankly.

Sheed will end up staying at the WCE because the Eagles are prepared to pay the market rate for him, let's not pretend he's some superstar that other clubs will throw $850k a year at like you're suggesting-- because he's not.
No need to pretend anything. Silly money gets thrown at players all the time.

Sheed might be the sort of player the Eagles allow to fall off the other side of the bed to take a punt on another midfielder who might offer more speed, or ball use, or accumulate more.

And another club, like Sydney replacing Kennedy and Parker, might see a chance to upgrade a midfielder from young and underperforming into a solid good player that plays all season for six years.

Essendon need some inside grunt for example, but that would be the most interesting should Merrett be leaving as a free agent. They will want their compensation for Zac and bringing in Dom will wipe it out.

yyou

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NY Mets, NO Pelicans, Toronto Leafs
It would take a ridiculous offer which just isn't going to happen.

Is about as stuck onto WCE as Trevor Nisbett. Will always be remembered as the 2018 Grand Final hero, will never buy a chardonnay in his life in Perth and will be well set up after footy.

EFA
:)

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Who?

I can't see another AFL club being that interested in a player of the quality of Dom Sheed for more than 500-600k a year. The Western Bulldogs are only paying that much to Adam Treloar over the next 5 years and he's a significantly better player than Sheed.

Sheed is a better player than Treloar though

Don't be deceived by the stat sheets

West123

Club Legend
Sep 4, 2009
Flying High
AFL Club
West Coast
The only way he leaves is if the eagles massively lowball him

I'm an Eagles fan but can see Sheed being the victim of a cap squeeze. Unless Shuey & Gaff are scaling down in their salaries as they get older, the pressure of Yeo & Kelly will start to pinch and Sheed might find an offer elsewhere too good to refuse.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
TBH I can still see him staying at WC for less than worth.
Hero of the 2018 premiership wont leave.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
I'm an Eagles fan but can see Sheed being the victim of a cap squeeze. Unless Shuey & Gaff are scaling down in their salaries as they get older, the pressure of Yeo & Kelly will start to pinch and Sheed might find an offer elsewhere too good to refuse.

history suggests Eagles list management is as professional as any.

Back