Opinion Dom Sheed

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you think I'd be lying down or have them suspended off me somehow? I guess if Frase brings whole donuts I can punch the holes.

Hmm yeah we might be done here
:shoutyoldman:

Bit of a fall from grace for Sheed.

What are his issues - seems like he has all the tools to be gun but just can't produce consistently.

Bit of a fall from grace for Sheed.

What are his issues - seems like he has all the tools to be gun but just can't produce consistently.
Get the feeling it’s his defensive work more so than anything else. His numbers have been tracking pretty well so that’s the only thing I can think of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sheed has the skill set no doubt, once again though I think its like Masten last year...decision making is his problem.

How often does Gaff kick on his right foot?

Yes Gaff is an endurance beast but he csnt kick right foot nor break a tackle.

So Dom needs to build endurance and get smarter with how he approaches contests and know his limitations.

How often does Gaff kick on his right foot?

Yes Gaff is an endurance beast but he csnt kick right foot nor break a tackle.

So Dom needs to build endurance and get smarter with how he approaches contests and know his limitations.
If Dom would be anything if he emulates Gaff's worth ethic and professionalism. Gaff like Priddis has turned himself into an elite player even though he isn't the most gifted/talented footballer.

He might be requesting a trade

I think he would be walk up starter in many sides
Overreaction?
No reason he can't be in our side either. Just needs to start playing better. Careers don't tend to be built or destroyed in just a few weeks (injuries aside, obviously). Have some patience.

He is too eager in welcoming a tackle , thinking he can shrug them all off. Holding the ball has become a problem. Plus he only runs one way
i have noticed this with many of our boys, they lean into the tackle as their first movement, never try to break it. Its a welcome change to see Willie ducking and weaving looking to break tackles.

If Dom would be anything if he emulates Gaff's worth ethic and professionalism. Gaff like Priddis has turned himself into an elite player even though he isn't the most gifted/talented footballer.

But Gaff doesn't have a right foot either!

Just putting that out there and pointing out that even the best players can have a flaw to their game. Gaff is almost non existent on his right foot and rarely breaks a tackle, often can't stick a tackle either. But his defensive running and work rate is exceptional.

So listing three or four flaws to Sheeds game is fine but it does not mean he needs to fix every one of them to become a very good player. If he needs to build his endurance then do it. Get his work rate up to a high standard and he's a best 2 player.

Sheed doesn't move through traffic, he stands with feet planted and tries to get hands free or backs through tackles.

He loses the ability to generate power in the handball once someone is hanging off him. His handballs used to be better.

Needs confidence and needs to get his feet going, if he's not winning it he shouldn't be far off laying a tackle. I like his clearance work potential but it's just not clicking right now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back