Dom Sheed

Remove this Banner Ad

he needs different genes, sorry poor drafting against our needs again
because we drafted a footballer instead of a athlete ? let's just fill our team with Mastens !
bag priddis out then draft another slow plodder.
sheed is no where near as slow as priddis . Sheed is also a great kick on both sides and from the weekend showed he could lead and mark in the forward 50 .

Having a slower midfielder isn't an issue, if the rest of the team has enough pace.

Get rid of Priddis and Hutchings/Redden for players with a bit more pace and Sheeds perceived lack of top end pace is a complete non-issue.

What is Priddis contract situation? He's not retiring if he can get paid and the club won't cut a Brownlow medalist and who I assume is a terrific example of good training to the kids.

Well done to Dommy Sheed making AFL.com's team of the week!

7ae17317be.png

Well done to Dommy Sheed making AFL.com's team of the week!

7ae17317be.png
Bit of a surprise but a good effort

Probably helped by the fact there were only 6 games this round so a smaller field to choose from

since returning to the side in round 5, Sheed averaged 23.3 disposals, 4 clearances, 3 tackles, 5 marks and 10 contested possessions a game. Since his return he has probably had one really quiet game and that was the port game where he had 13 touches and a goal . He had 18 games against the dons but had a decent impact i thought. would love his tackle numbers to improve tbh.

Been developing nicely, but hoping he can win more 1 on 1 contests and evade more would-be tacklers, although he can ocassionally break a tackle and wins a fair share of contested ball.
That's what will determine his ceiling IMO. He gets his hands on the footy in stoppages a lot but will be so much more damaging if he could turn that into a clearance more often.

That's what will determine his ceiling IMO. He gets his hands on the footy in stoppages a lot but will be so much more damaging if he could turn that into a clearance more often.
Sheed has some time to go. The most his played on ball in his career have been in the last two weeks. Will get better with experience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tank will need to be worked on this offseason. Thats the third game he dropped off in the last. However, he was huge tonight.

3 games in the guts and he's probably been our best mid over the 3 games. Going to be huge if he can get a full pre-season under his belt, feel like he's had some form of injury the last 2.

Just dropping in to show some Dom Sheed appreciation. Got him into my supercoach team 6 weeks back. He hasn't let me down. He is already a gun IMO, and on his way to being an elite player. Watched him as a junior - like many of you - and its good to see him starting to replicate that form in the big league.

Almost 50 games and you can see that he reached a level of consistency. Was expecting big things from him this season and have not been disappointed.

Will finish top 5 in the B&F. Had he started the season like this he'd be up there with Yeo.

Has already missed 3 games so probably not. Only 3 players in the top 10 last year didn't play all 23 games, and they all played 22.

Love the way he goes about it, though. Showing a lot of versatility playing an inside/outside role while we still have Priddis. I reckon he'll relish working with Mitchell as a playing coach. Both are good decision makers. I don't feel a sense of panic when Sheed gets the ball in close and he picks the right option by foot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back