Dom Sheed

Remove this Banner Ad

Sheed is a good player and will work his way back to form. Just at the moment, he doesn't seem to have AFL intensity. Last week I noticed a couple of times he was really slow to get up off the ground.

Is Sheed over Cripps the worst drafting decision ever?

Sure we've missed others, but realistically given both from WA and both taken within a few picks of each other.

We'd be premiership favourites with Cripps in i reckon.

Looks lost, however today it was every player except for Yeo who basically threw it on the boot, so it's hard to judge from a game like that.

Duggan's last 5 mins roaming the centre square looked promising.

Omitted next week not to play again rest of year. Traded end of season for a 3rd round pick
Nah

He’s a classy left footer that will bounce back

I am actually a Sheed fan but he seems to be developing some serious flaws in his game, he's going to ground way to easily, and is weak in breaking a tackle and hanging on in a tackle in fact when he feels that body pressure his instinct is to go to ground.
The truly great players, virtually always keep their feet.
I really hope he can turn it around.

I don’t really buy this argument about him competing with Redden/Hutchings

How many similar types of players do North have? They’re complimenting each other if anything. I worry that the club feels we can only have one or two contested type mids on the list. It’s ludicrous

I don’t really buy this argument about him competing with Redden/Hutchings

How many similar types of players do North have? They’re complimenting each other if anything.
Not sure this is true.

Ziebell is playing forward a lot. Cunnington, Higgins, Ahern are all different players. Who else are you referring to?

Should we be using a mid-table side as our blueprint?

The issue with Redden/Hutch/Sheed is they have zero versatility. At least with North they can push their mids to other areas and get contributions. We can't carry a trio of limited players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Sheed over Cripps the worst drafting decision ever?

Sure we've missed others, but realistically given both from WA and both taken within a few picks of each other.

We'd be premiership favourites with Cripps in i reckon.
absolutely
sheed is a plodder with limited shill and no physical presence - sad he has had plenty of chances

Not sure this is true.

Ziebell is playing forward a lot. Cunnington, Higgins, Ahern are all different players. Who else are you referring to?

Should we be using a mid-table side as our blueprint?

The issue with Redden/Hutch/Sheed is they have zero versatility. At least with North they can push their mids to other areas and get contributions. We can't carry a trio of limited players.
Dumont, Ahern and Clarke are all similar players.

I’m not talking about copying North - just used them as a reference because we played them.

Just seems weird to put limits on ‘types’ of mids - I assume what we really mean is we can’t have too many players with serious limitations

Dumont, Ahern and Clarke are all similar players.

I’m not talking about copying North - just used them as a reference because we played them.

Just seems weird to put limits on ‘types’ of mids - I assume what we really mean is we can’t have too many players with serious limitations
They're all their secondary mids who get enough time on ball because Higgins, Ziebell rotate elsewhere.

Dom plays with the others and he doesn't get this time. Redden has been great this year and Hutch has his niche but my one bugbear with Simpson was his preaching of versatility when he got here and it has never in any way been followed through on. It's the reality of the midfielders at our disposal but also an issue with drafting.

Now we have a few flankers to rotate through like Venables but due to the main guys not being able to play elsewhere he doesn't get enough time and hasn't developed this aspect of his game, disappointingly. Should have done it a fair bit today.

absolutely
sheed is a plodder with limited shill and no physical presence - sad he has had plenty of chances
Sheed is certainly no plodder, he moves with grace and flair. The right foot could use work, yes but he has a good sidestep and a deadly left foot

They're all their secondary mids who get enough time on ball because Higgins, Ziebell rotate elsewhere.

Dom plays with the others and he doesn't get this time. Redden has been great this year and Hutch has his niche but my one bugbear with Simpson was his preaching of versatility when he got here and it has never in any way been followed through on. It's the reality of the midfielders at our disposal but also an issue with drafting.

Now we have a few flankers to rotate through like Venables but due to the main guys not being able to play elsewhere he doesn't get enough time and hasn't developed this aspect of his game, disappointingly. Should have done it a fair bit today.
I guess it’s the issue with having an interchange bench of Cole (def), Vardy (ruck/fwd), Venables (fwd) and Petruccelle (fwd).

Most teams have a couple of genuine midfield rotations on their bench.

Agree wholeheartedly re: the versatility thing. But I don’t think it needs to mean drafting mids who are also forwards, which is probably why we took Venables.

I feel like Simpson’s versatility thing has really just translated into drafting ‘flankers with midfield potential’, rather than any real versatility being embedded into the side.

Cannot tackle, is extremely weak and applies zero defensive pressure. Not AFL standard.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
This is just a blip in the radar.

It’s all coming together for Dom and he’ll light up lives soon enough .

Looks mentally shot, a shadow of his former self. Im his biggest fan but something is not right with him and he's struggling big time. Needs some confidence and a good reminder of how to play basic football (keep his feet, tackle etc.). I'm not sure where his core strength has gone cause he was bordering on elite at standing up in tackles and disposing cleanly by hand last year and now he gets pushed off it so easily. We've all seen he can be a really good midfielder he just needs to clear his head cause he seems I feel like that's where its all going wrong for Dom at the moment.

Lot of over the top reactions to his form around here though, but I agree he's not best 22 at the moment and needs to pull his head out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back