Dom Sheeds goal

Remove this Banner Ad

You can find it on Youtube under 'When blatant free kicks cost a team a premiership'.

98f.png

Why would you want to see our coaches box when you can watch Julie Bishop do that weird wiggle/dance thing over and over
Why do they think Bishop is some kind of sympathetic popular figure? She was a lawyer for an asbestos company ffs. Does anybody actually like her?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Truth comes in many flavours, including salty.
Fair enough, Ill give you that one back if we can have Howes BLATENT holding the ball in the goal square actually paid...... Truth goes both ways, that is unless you have salty blood, then it only works from your perspective.

I would like to half attempt to save this thread and ask people whether Dom Sheeds goal was the must clutch set shot of all time? (I believe so)

If it’s not, what set shots in the history of the game top it?

For me It's defiantly up there,
1) Blights 75m bomb after the siren to win the prelim
2) Sheeds Goal
3) Pluggers point after the siren,

Fair enough, Ill give you that one back if we can have Howes BLATENT holding the ball in the goal square actually paid...... Truth goes both ways, that is unless you have salty blood, then it only works from your perspective.
Never would have happened if the first free was paid.

Just admit your flag is tainted so we can move from this unpleasantness.

Last edited:
Great goal but would argue not clutch per se as I doubt many thought it was particularly realistic.
... so your assessment of a clutch shot is that people need to believe that the shot is possible but difficult?

Sheed's goal is probably the best kick after the siren to win a game of footy this side of the year 2000, but it's not better than that one.

You can find it on Youtube under 'When blatant free kicks cost a team a premiership'.
So it's gone from a marginally possible free kick to a blatant one now? Just like how the 1979 ball gets further and further over the boundary line with every passing decade?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back