Dom Sheeds goal

Dec 8, 2006
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Sheeds stats after returning to the side toward the end of the year suggest he's anything but bog average. Was probably in our best 3 or 4 players in the finals.

Equal best with Jack Redden actually, as per Club Champion night :moustache:

Who would have predicted that preseason? :thumbsu:

Aug 4, 2003
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Let’s be brutal, it all started by De Goey not even get to the contest allowing McGovern to take an easy intercept mark.

Hung out the back on the off chance that JEREMY MCGOVERN might not gobble up the high ball coming his way in a 2-1 contest.

Gamble did not pay off...

BUT had JEREMY MCGOVERN suddenly lost his long standing, outstanding skill of intercepting such kicks.....De Goey could have jagged the easy one over the top and been the hero. Wonder if that crossed his mind?...

I guess we’ll never know...

Yippy Yi Yeo

Premiership Player
Jul 10, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
You know what i mean though....plenty of eagles fana have bagged him over the years...the point is that it was one of the toughest kicks ever made in the history of the game and he slotted it with ease..if buddy had kicked that, the afl world would have gone into meltdown
Absolutely they have and a lot of the criticism was warranted, but he's only 23 and still establishing himself. Showed he has what it takes to be a gun midfielder in the latter half of the season though, so I disagree that he's bog average. Agree on your point about if a superstar player had have kicked it we never would have heard the end of it, probably a good thing someone of a lower status kicked it or I think it would've been nauseatingly overplayed.

This image is my desktop background:

55e237b9dbfe7a32f632b54167ba207c

:moustache:

sat behind it in the stands, watched it sail through like an arrow

best moment ever*

* outside having kids

Mr B

Debutant
Jul 20, 2005
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco FC, Perth Scorchers
But in real time majority of people said it was a Sheppard/block off the contest and replays confirm it. You can't prevent a player from getting to the contest which is exactly what Rioli did. He didn't engage him to be in the marking contest only to prevent Maynard from getting to it (sheed).

No, Sheppard didn't play. His hamstring was shot.

In reality, I reckon Rioli and Maynard were initially going for the mark, normal wrestling to get into position, no free kick expected. Then Sheed cut in front, much to all the Collingwood supporters eternal dismay. Then they started whinging about Rioli. Nothing to see here. Move on.

Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Sydney
Absolutely they have and a lot of the criticism was warranted, but he's only 23 and still establishing himself. Showed he has what it takes to be a gun midfielder in the latter half of the season though, so I disagree that he's bog average. Agree on your point about if a superstar player had have kicked it we never would have heard the end of it, probably a good thing someone of a lower status kicked it or I think it would've been nauseatingly overplayed.
Not sure hoe you overplay it.. set shot for goal,make it you win the flag and miss you lose....35m out on a tight angle and he slotted it with ease. One of the best kicks in the history of the game given the circumstances

Dec 8, 2006
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
sat behind it in the stands, watched it sail through like an arrow

best moment ever*

* outside having kids

I hear ya. My boy was born the Friday of Round 1, nothing will come close to that experience, but Premierships come close :p

I do feel for him too, his 6 month wait for a Premiership would have been agony :moustache:

We also found out my wife was pregnant on the day of the second derby last year. Good times. A blue and gold destiny awaits :cool:

Brolga

Grumpy Old Git
Nov 20, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts

He is bog* average.

(*best on ground)

Not a bad average to have!
Looking forward to his further development next season.

Back