Dom Sheed's Grand Final Winner - The Most clutch in AFL History

Remove this Banner Ad

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
From that angle, at that stage of the game with the premiership cup resting on his boot, *en balls of steel.

The campaigner nailed the most clutch shot in AFL history. Come to think of it, one of the most clutch shots not just in AFL history, but sporting history.

Was the latest point in a Grand Final since 1947 that a side has taken the lead. So it has to rate right up there as one of the clutchest moments in AFL GF history.

I'm still waiting for the day we see a granny decided with a kick after the siren. Can you imagine? PFs and other minor finals have all seen this occur, but a GF would be mega pressure.

Was the latest point in a Grand Final since 1947 that a side has taken the lead. So it has to rate right up there as one of the clutchest moments in AFL GF history.

I'm still waiting for the day we see a granny decided with a kick after the siren. Can you imagine? PFs and other minor finals have all seen this occur, but a GF would be mega pressure.
Eagles vs Port 2019. You know how it ends.

Joking haha. Nah if that happened in a Grand Final, immense. It would be bigger than......Texas.

"Billy, you are king of Geelong!!!!"
My favourite non Richmond moment.

On par with Kyrie in Game 7 2016. Imagine if channel 10 still had the rights, with that horrible 5 minute warning...

He goaled at 28.5 mins, right? For all the fans at the ground knew, the siren could have been just seconds away.

On par with Kyrie in Game 7 2016. Imagine if channel 10 still had the rights, with that horrible 5 minute warning...

He goaled at 28.5 mins, right? For all the fans at the ground knew, the siren could have been just seconds away.

Nah every campaigner with a set of ear phones including myself just has to let everyone know that SEN says there are two minutes left

Joking haha. Nah if that happened in a Grand Final, immense. It would be bigger than......Texas.
Not sure which would hurt more, losing the game after the siren to a Dom Sheed style goal from a tight pocket, or losing the game due to an Isaac Smith miss after the siren.

Either way, Big Footy would break worse than the Jetstar site after a Boxing Day sale to Bali.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure which would hurt more, losing the game after the siren to a Dom Sheed style goal from a tight pocket, or losing the game due to an Isaac Smith miss after the siren.

Either way, Big Footy would break worse than the Jetstar site after a Boxing Day sale to Bali.

Miss, IMO. Have the game in your hands to be won and blowing it > an opponent pulling out a bit of magic.
I'd have to agree.
Try inverting the premise - would you prefer to win via a goal after the siren, or win via your opponent missing a kick after the siren? Easily, the effect is greater when you have the game in your own hands.

you can't just break down the final moments of the 2009 grand final into 100 different clutch moments

Probably not the part where Stevie J missed that mark in the centre square. All the rest were pretty good though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back