Dom Sheed's Grand Final Winner - The Most clutch in AFL History

Remove this Banner Ad

that Benny clown on the other hand, i would say he still has issues from the 1992 and 1994 GF debacles by Geelong.

Couldn't agree more. And I will add, that he never did have the makings of a varsity athlete.

Small hands. That was his problem.

Second most clutch moment in AFL history.

Number one:

^ this plus any number of Hawthorn last gasp wins against Swans I was expecting to read about in this thread. Roughie, Burgoyne, Rioli have all done it too many times for my liking. All fantastic clutch goals. Sheeds was brilliant for the tight angle and pressure of a grand final.

Massive clutch moment from Sheed that will see his name enter West Coast folklore. Loved it.

Buckenara’s is up there. If there’s a countdown clock on tv there, you’re thinking it’s game over. The ball gets up the other end bloody quickly, Stynes runs across the mark, the campaigner of a timekeeper doesn’t take his hand off the siren and the crowds going bananas. He just slots it.

Massive clutch moment from Sheed that will see his name enter West Coast folklore. Loved it.

Buckenara’s is up there. If there’s a countdown clock on tv there, you’re thinking it’s game over. The ball gets up the other end bloody quickly, Stynes runs across the mark, the campaigner of a timekeeper doesn’t take his hand off the siren and the crowds going bananas. He just slots it.

Bloody hell - the timekeeper loves that siren doesnt he?

Staggering that Collingwood allowed it to happen.

Which makes it all the more sweeter. And clutchier.
2 minutes to go. Clean rebound -> i50. 2 contested marks, measured passes and the boundary line set shot. Collingwood's midfield were streaming forward when Treloar went i50; they didn't have time to flood back.

The context of the play arguably puts it at the top of AFL history. Though not necessarily 1 player's effort, it was direct, calculated footy at the death, which WCE have displayed through 2019 (juxtaposed against chaotic pressure gameplans of the last 2 years).

But it's also a sign of where the league could be headed. An even spread of teams, better identification and development of talls and refined tactics may facilitate direct transition and thus clutch team plays. New kick-in rules could help, but defending teams may compensate by dropping their zone back...

Rather than me type up 1000 better moments in history. Can you explain how it's better than Nick Malcheski's goal?
First you say you can name 100 better than Sheeds, then you put forward a guy who literally just grabbed the ball and kicked it over his shoulder.

There’s nothing clutch about that goal at all.

Piss off Ablett in the 94 Prelim. Got a bath all day off Martyn, North not only kicked themselves out of it, but copped a royal jibbing off the umpires. It was a floaty nothing kick from Tudor that fell in Ablett's arms.

The only moment I can think of that's worth talking about in the same breath as Sheed's is Twiggy Dunne's mark and goal to draw the 77 Grand Final.

Sheed's kick was far more difficult, but Twiggy had to do a lot more to get his shot. Both so late in the game.

Sheed could be forgiven for missing. Twiggy kicks his with less than 30 seconds to go. Using a flat punt. Twiggy had to kick it and couldn't afford to miss. That's clutch.

Only Dom Sheed & Ross Dunne qualify.
Both close Grand Finals in the dying stages. Other lesser games/finals are not as important.
Both were set shots with the weight of the season on their shoulders. Suck it up, take a breath, calm the nerves and execute.
That’s clutch.
Clutch is having to dwell on your kick knowing the consequences.
And do it in the last minutes of a close Grand Final.

Couldn't believe he was going the drop punt. Was behind the goals where he kicked it and still don't understand how it went through
Lol I was sitting up in the members and when you guys had that series of set shots throughout the last quarter it was far to intense for me to bare so I covered my eyes for all the shots and they all missed. Worked perfectly. Then when Sheed was about to take his shot I thought ‘well it’s not over yet but there’s no way he’s kicking this’ so I decided to watch. And watched the ****ing think sail right through the middle. Still blame myself for not covering my eyes :$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol I was sitting up in the members and when you guys had that series of set shots throughout the last quarter it was far to intense for me to bare so I covered my eyes for all the shots and they all missed. Worked perfectly. Then when Sheed was about to take his shot I thought ‘well it’s not over yet but there’s no way he’s kicking this’ so I decided to watch. And watched the ****ing think sail right through the middle. Still blame myself for not covering my eyes :$

LOL we appreciate your sacrifice.:D:thumbsu:

Last edited:
Lol at Abletts kick being more clutch than Sheeds! Scores were level and he marks the ball basically at the top of the square. Any score wins it, and would be almost impossible to not score. Little to no pressure at all. Sheed has to kick a goal to put us in front, a point is no good. Add in the fact he’s on the boundary and it’s a bloody grand final, it shits all over Abletts. What a ridiculous statement to claim Abletts was better.

It was as clutch as it gets, it is made all the better that he kicked a drop punt & didn't take the easy bail out option of a snap!... It would have to be number #1.

Lol you're making me laugh man. That Ablett moment will forever be more clutch than Dom Sheeds goal. Just watch them both it's like chalk and cheese. Even if it was for 4pts or an AFL-X trophy.
You are the dumbest campaigner I have ever seen on these forums
That takes some doing considering the company you're in

I could easily name 1000 better clutch moments in AFL history if we're considering all Finals games or any game that's season ending.

Not taking anything away from Dom Sheeds moment (which I myself consider extremely average) but this thread goes to show how much of a factor recent events muddle with appropriate rankings.

One thousand better? Wow, you're amazing.

You consider it average? Wow, you're such a big man. We all thought it was great.

Ablett was under pressure and Sheed was playing against no one. Sheed was a loose man Bucks didn't waste time with. Whereas the whole team of North was on Ablett like a Ryan Crowley.

It's mainly the fact Abletts moment was self made by Ablett. Sheed was just insert any random player in this position. Even Billie Smedts could've done that and basically did do that in games.

Such a loser post.

Do you you actually believe the tripe you are posting or will you admit you are just trolling?

1,000 better clutch moments!

Even Billy Smedts could have done it! What does that even mean? Like really!

Why are you so focused on posting silly scenarios?

Craving some attention?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back