Dom Tyson 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Who wants Tyson delisted? Pretty clear he is a depth player nowadays and the trade talk is valid even if he doesn't leave.
read a few of the quotes above

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Wasn't completely horrible last night. Didn't tear the game apart but thought he at least played his role as a depth inside mid OK. If he can give us that while Viney is out I will be content. Not happy, but I will accept it.

He was pretty good on the inside to be honest. Was able to get it out cleanly and was one of our best at keeping both arms up to be able to get the handball out.

Just offers absolutely nothing else unless it's in that specific situation though.

Good lesson to supporters that more games doesn't automatically = better player, unfortunately.

It's really unfortunate that with Dom it has been the opposite. Before the arrival of Oliver, he was on track to be our best midfielder.

The best game I've seen him play was in 2016 when we knocked off the Hawks late in the season. He had 30 playing in the middle then dobbed 2 important goals playing forward in the 4th quarter to seal the game. Was my favourite player back then :(

I still have faith!

It's really unfortunate that with Dom it has been the opposite. Before the arrival of Oliver, he was on track to be our best midfielder.

The best game I've seen him play was in 2016 when we knocked off the Hawks late in the season. He had 30 playing in the middle then dobbed 2 important goals playing forward in the 4th quarter to seal the game. Was my favourite player back then :(

I still have faith!
He was my favourite player as well. When he kicked that awesome goal after sidestepping a few Richmond players in 2014 and I thought he was going to be an absolute gun.

He probably is on par or a better player than he was back then but he is only suited to being an inside mid. When he plays on the wing we basically play with an extra inside mid and i think its to our detriment structure wise.

He was my favourite player as well. When he kicked that awesome goal after sidestepping a few Richmond players in 2014 and I thought he was going to be an absolute gun.

He probably is on par or a better player than he was back then but he is only suited to being an inside mid. When he plays on the wing we basically play with an extra inside mid and i think its to our detriment structure wise.

Lol. There's not a single part of his game except his clanger count that has improved since then.

Lol. There's not a single part of his game except his clanger count that has improved since then.
Yeah I'm not trying to say he is better for the team, just that his personal game is probably the same if not a bit more rounded in terms of 2-way running - but because he isn't the 1 or 2 mid he doesn't have 30 disposal games and looks a lot worse. More of a reflection that him being in the middle in a bad side made his deficiencies less obvious and the fact he could win the ball was seen as a massive plus.

If you put Viney on a wing all game he would probably be the same - he would be getting the ball less but wouldn't start magically using it better and therefore he would seem like he has regressed. Chunk seems to have this problem also, although he is the better user of the 3.

I still have faith!
I reckon a big problem we seem to have at the moment is that with a fully fit list you have Tyson, Oliver, Viney & Brayshaw who can all only really play in the middle. There is no flexibility with them. Granted Oliver is moving forward more but the problem is he is the best of them and I am at loathe to move him forward too often. Viney is the captain and heart and soul so he stays in the guts which leaves us with Tyson and Brayshaw. Brayshaw has gone past Tyson this season which has meant Dom is playing in positions that are detrimental to his game.

Viney has barely played this year. Goodwin is just obsessed with every midfielder spending 50% of the game at the stoppages for some reason, so we waste Tyson out wide. Suspect he'll be traded for pick nothing to be honest.

I thought Dom was pretty serviceable against Adelaide this weekend. Got plenty of time in around stoppages other than centre square, and was able to stay above the tackle and get the ball moving forward. And they weren't all dump kicks - so I guess that's a plus for Dom.

I reckon a big problem we seem to have at the moment is that with a fully fit list you have Tyson, Oliver, Viney & Brayshaw who can all only really play in the middle. There is no flexibility with them. Granted Oliver is moving forward more but the problem is he is the best of them and I am at loathe to move him forward too often. Viney is the captain and heart and soul so he stays in the guts which leaves us with Tyson and Brayshaw. Brayshaw has gone past Tyson this season which has meant Dom is playing in positions that are detrimental to his game.

I look at it like this. There is little flexibility because Viney, Brayshaw and Oliver are so damn good inside. The flexibility you will want will come from the spread, and enhancing their all round midfield game. I don't think you need to send them forward (outside of resting them). These guys are absolutely killing sides in the middle and that is what is allowing Melbourne to push forward. Replacing Tyson with Viney coming into finals will only help the Dees.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Erm... Oliver is a beast when he goes forward.

Erm... Oliver is a beast when he goes forward.
Ge is good but is far from a beast. And by moving him forward you are robbing the midfield of it's best player.

I'm happy to stand by my points

He's kicked 9 goals and taken 5 contested marks for the year. Settle down son.
Out of very very limited time spent forward.

Dont need to take contested marks to be a good forward either.

Nah I disagree pretty strongly with - Oliver (can go forward and could play outside (lol)) and Brayshaw can play outside/wing/HBF and possible HFF too. Way too early to be pigeon holing those two.

Out of very very limited time spent forward.

Dont need to take contested marks to be a good forward either.

You can't spend limited time and be a beast at the same time. Maybe one day, for now take a lie down and enjoy his midfield work.

An shave those damn sideburns!

Nah I disagree pretty strongly with - Oliver (can go forward and could play outside (lol)) and Brayshaw can play outside/wing/HBF and possible HFF too. Way too early to be pigeon holing those two.
Brayshaw looked pretty ordinary as a HBF.

Oliver could play forward or outside but like I said he is too good in his current position to change his role

You can't spend limited time and be a beast at the same time. Maybe one day, for now take a lie down and enjoy his midfield work.

An shave those damn sideburns!
Oliver is a part time beast. You can be one of them if you have employers that value a flexible workplace.

Happy to see Clarry rest forward, he’s becoming so fit and he’s way to good to leave on the bench in big games. He has gone past Jones, Tyson and JV at such a rate of knots that it’s frightening.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back