Recommitted Dom Tyson

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tyson will through consistency of playing games
Hawn Hogan Watts Jones have all missed games. Honestly finishing 9th in a BNF isn't that great an achievement when only 16 players are probably regulars.

It's not necessarily a direct improvement I'm sure it probably wouldn't be. But it'd access to hopefully the next Brad hill or someone more outside
He'll be close to top 5. Oliver, Hibberd, Viney, McDonald and Jetta probably ahead, but he'd be next off the rank IMO, maybe Petracca or Hunt

Garlett Frost ahead of him as well. Not that impressive
Doubt it. Don't be surprised to see him right up there in your BnF.

I think the concept of the OP is solid.

You don't get value by trading Alex Neal-Bullen or Jay Kennedy-Harris or Joel Smith or Josh Wagner. They get you pick 30-50 and with those picks you might get a similar player who is three years behind in development.

You get value by trading the higher profile "name" player that you believe you can replace with a superior player you already have.

So Tyson is potentially that guy if Melbourne think Neal-Bullen or Kennedy-Harris can be equivalent or better. But I wouldn't trade him for a speculative pick in the teens, it would need to be a player who is a known quantity that fills a specific need - like a genuine versatile tall who can ruck to replace 30 y.o. Pedersen.

I think Dean Kent could be attractive to another club with his pure pace and goal kicking. He has limitations, but he has some points of difference that teams may be seeking.

Salem is too good for VFL though, just needs some continuity/a pre-season. And Tyson is better than "handy" - would be North's best mid.

Timing is everything. Cunners just had 36 disposals, 22 contested disposals, 7 tackles and 2 goals.

Also the AFL brought out last week players in the mix for the AA squad:

Ben Cunnington: Wins 25.2 disposals per game, which is a modest number in this company, but where he comes into his own is in clearances (7.3, ranked third in the AFL) and contested ball (14.5, sixth). One of the game's best, most creative handballers – and averages 16.2, the seventh-most in the competition.

I couldn't find Dom on the list. Could only find Oliver from the Dee's mid.

We all make mistakes.

Timing is everything. Cunners just had 36 disposals, 22 contested disposals, 7 tackles and 2 goals.

Also the AFL brought out last week players in the mix for the AA squad:

Ben Cunnington: Wins 25.2 disposals per game, which is a modest number in this company, but where he comes into his own is in clearances (7.3, ranked third in the AFL) and contested ball (14.5, sixth). One of the game's best, most creative handballers – and averages 16.2, the seventh-most in the competition.

I couldn't find Dom on the list. Could only find Oliver from the Dee's mid.

We all make mistakes.

I agree we do just like you have here.

We have Viney, Jones, Oliver, Lewis, Tyson all in the guts plus guys like Petracca, ANB and Vince.

All of those guys get their own ball and when that happens not every player will have their highest numbers, quite happy with how Tyson is tracking.

I agree we do just like you have here.

We have Viney, Jones, Oliver, Lewis, Tyson all in the guts plus guys like Petracca, ANB and Vince.

All of those guys get their own ball and when that happens not every player will have their highest numbers, quite happy with how Tyson is tracking.

Dom Tyson has never had 36 in his career - even before Oliver, Lewis & co pushed him out of the midfield.

Tyson was competing with Daniel Cross, Jimmy Toumpas & Jack Trengove when he joined the Dees.

Dom Tyson has never had 36 in his career - even before Oliver, Lewis & co pushed him out of the midfield.

Tyson was competing with Daniel Cross, Jimmy Toumpas & Jack Trengove when he joined the Dees.

And it matters why that he hasn't had 36 possessions? Where did that 36 disposals Cunnington got get North? A 49 point belting from St Kilda.

Tyson plays his role well within the team and steps up when needed, quite happy with him.

And it matters why that he hasn't had 36 possessions? Where did that 36 disposals Cunnington got get North? A 49 point belting from St Kilda.

Tyson plays his role well within the team and steps up when needed, quite happy with him.
Sounds like a very handy player.

Oh, you mean when he was like 20 years old?

Never mind sweetie, I'm very impressed that Cunners had a 36 possession game at the peak of his career when you have no other midfielders. :hearts:

Oh, you mean when he was like 20 years old?

Never mind sweetie, I'm very impressed that Cunners had a 36 possession game at the peak of his career when you have no other midfielders. :hearts:
The Toump and Cross were still playing 2 years ago at the dees.

17 in a row with 1 midfielder. Doesn't really speak too highly about the opposition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tyson will be a good solid 200 game player, however, he may need to add another string to his bow if Melbourne are to continue their up-curve. You would think at some point the starting mid for the Dees will be Gawn, Oliver, Viney and Petracca.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back