Social Domestic grievances. That's it, let it all out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pre-sliced cheese from the block is fine. It's the same cheese as the block but sliced for you.

Also, grated cheese instead of grating it yourself, and bags of lettuce leaves FTW. Yeah, I'm a bit liberal with my money and pay for the convenience ;)
But why limit your options. I go for block. I can slice, I can grate, I can cube..

Pre-sliced cheese from the block is fine. It's the same cheese as the block but sliced for you.

Also, grated cheese instead of grating it yourself, and bags of lettuce leaves FTW. Yeah, I'm a bit liberal with my money and pay for the convenience ;)
giphy.gif

Wifey has been agitating for a chair in our room for a while and I've valiantly resisted all attempts to get one as I know she'll just use it as something else to throw her clothes on. She already has a generous walk in robe all to herself, with a chair in it (covered in clothes of course - it's not like you could sit on it if you wanted to) but STILL has a perpetual pile of clothes on the end of the bath which I have not been able to eradicate.
I couldn't deal with this. It's genuinely my biggest gripe. I'd end up just putting the clean clothes in the wash over and over again as the clothes belong in three places only IMO - basket, machine/washing line or wardrobe.

Last edited:
I couldn't deal with this. It's genuinely my biggest gripe. I'd end up just putting the clean clothes in the wash over and over again as the clothes belong in three places only IMO - basket, machine/wardrobe or wardrobe.

do you have a set of hooks near the front door?

we have around 15 jackets and jumpers hanging from ours, with hats perched on top, you'd hate it!

The supermarkets have won out again! /ThingsThatShitMe
Damn you for providing convenience options if I'm prepared to pay for it!

I couldn't deal with this. It's genuinely my biggest gripe. I'd end up just putting the clean clothes in the wash over and over again as the clothes belong in three places only IMO - basket, machine/wardrobe or wardrobe.
Unfortunately the problem seems intractable. I don't give too much of a s**t about what goes on in her pigsty wir but the end of the bath really shits me. It's like 2 feet from her robe. I've tried asking, arguing, pleading, begging and throwing the clothes on the bath into her robe and she just keeps putting them back there. I ran out of ideas some time ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This link won't work when you click on it, you need to copy and paste and change the stars to the F-word.... because swear filter. And for whatever stupid reason it won't show the full URL, so you'll have to copy and paste and take the space out of the middle (after com/) If that's too much effort, then it's your loss :p Otherwise, send it to people. Maybe they'll un* their habitats too.

http://un*yourhabitat.tumblr.com/ post/14127683638/un*-your-habitat-fundamentals

20/10s. Motivation. Drain volcanos. Funny s**t.

I also like the 2-minute rule (not from that site). Not the 'oh I dropped something on the floor and I'll still eat it because it's been less than two minutes' rule. But the 'if it takes less than two minutes, do it now' rule. That's a good rule.

Also, I like my chair system. I actually have two chair systems.

The first chair system is the half-worn clothes in the bedroom system. Stuff that isn't dirty but isn't straight out of the wash either, goes on the chair in the bedroom. Stuff that is dirty goes in the hamper. Whites or woollens go direct to the laundry and in the appropriate pile, unless you want it pink, grey, dirtier than it was before, or worse still, felted. Dirty washing shouldn't be on the floor, or the bed, or the cupboard, or in the bathroom, or the kitchen or anywhere else.

The other chair system is because we have a couple of clothes horses that generally live in the living room, near the backdoor. When it's nice outside, they go on the deck. When it's not nice, they stay inside. When the washing is dry, then the chair system comes into play. If you're taking stuff off the rack, it's pretty easy to know whose it is and chuck it in their pile, instead of just one big pile. Each person has a designated chair for their washing, and they know where to find it. When the piles get annoying, dump it on the person's bed, or in a basket in their bedroom doorway.

Socks go on a third, smaller clothes horse that never goes outside, because outside is bad for socks if you want to keep them in pairs. Although they hang in pairs, they get dumped on the appropriate chair with all the other socks belonging to that person. Usually they're all in a clump together though so it's not hard to find the pair as they'd be sitting together, and if it gets buried under another load of washing because you didn't put your s**t away, then that's your problem. But at least it's only with mixed in with your own washing and not everyone else's, right?

do you have a set of hooks near the front door?

we have around 15 jackets and jumpers hanging from ours, with hats perched on top, you'd hate it!
No, a well organised coat rack including scarves and hats etc is perfectly acceptable. However, I would say if I installed one it would probably contain more jackets than her entire wardrobe. I have graciously accepted that she is entitled to put some shoes under a little entry stand we have and I would prefer to keep the number of shoes to 3 or 4 pairs, however, every now and then it ends up being about 8 pairs and I have to take 4/5 pairs to her wardrobe. No doubt she would take advantage of a coat rack!

Speaking about paying for convenience (and I know this is terribly un-environmentally friendly), I use the dryer for anything that won't ruin clothes - so jocks, socks, singlets, some other smaller items - always the dryer. We only use the clothes horse for bigger items that I don't want dryered (T-shirts, shirts, pants etc). Incidentally, this is a step in the right direction for the misses - she used to use the dryer for 90% of loads when she lived in her share house before she moved in with me.

scezza just doing a bit of ad hoc profiling - are you or have you shopped at Aldi?
I have and I do, but limited amount. I'm a staunch Coles man.

My main (soft) cheese knife is a home made number passed down from my late grandfather, the knife is fashioned onto a .303 bullet shell with an anzac shirt button on the end which forms the handle. I used to use a large vege peeler to slice cheese, which leads to a crescent shape, so these days I go for firm sharp knife. Until you've opened my eyes...
I use a veggie peeler to remove the skin off like pumpkins and stuff. Is that weird? I mean obviously it's designed for peeling carrots and potatoes and normal stuff, but do people usually use it for pumpkins, or is that just me? Beats the s**t out of losing half the pumpkin while trying to slice the skin off with a knife...

I was thinking the chaotic fighting over clothes and ad hoc garments ripped out of packets and slung over neighboring areas would be upsetting ;)

they haven't reached perth yet have they beerfish?
There are a couple in Perth now. They also got the internet the other week. Go Perth!

im a coles man too - I know its against my principals to be attached to a 'brand' but I just find the dark green décor of woolworths dark dingy and depressing - coles seems lighter and brighter
Same. Plus Coles was my first job so I have a sense of loyalty there too but it's much bigger than that.

No, a well organised coat rack including scarves and hats etc is perfectly acceptable. However, I would say if I installed one it would probably contain more jackets than her entire wardrobe. I have graciously accepted that she is entitled to put some shoes under a little entry stand we have and I would prefer to keep the number of shoes to 3 or 4 pairs, however, every now and then it ends up being about 8 pairs and I have to take 4/5 pairs to her wardrobe. No doubt she would take advantage of a coat rack!

we actually bought those over the door hooks for each room, so the bathroom, the bedrooms all have 4 hooks hanging with jackets/dressing gowns on the backs of the doors

Remove this Banner Ad

Back